Cricket 2018

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Cricket 2017

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Put it this way none of our players would get in Yorkshire' team.
Are you sure mate ?

Hampshire have more batsmen in the top 40 batting averages than Yorkshire

Hants also have two bowlers in the top ten averages.

Our nearest bowler in 14th position is the wonderful Yorkie servant Ryan Sidebottom who has now retired. In 15th position young Ben Coad has been outstanding & one of only three players who can hold their head high
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

faaip wrote:Put it this way none of our players would get in Yorkshire' team.
Depends on wether or not our England players are available !!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Haighy wrote:And Middlesex down :roflmao:
I'm suprised Von Strauss couldn't fix it for them to stay up like he fixed it for them to win the title last year.. !!!! :duno: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Can one of you guys remind me what happened with Strauss last year? I seem to recall something about him not allowing our England players to play? Am I right? :duno:
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

whiteswan wrote:Can one of you guys remind me what happened with Strauss last year? I seem to recall something about him not allowing our England players to play? Am I right? :duno:
That's correct.. last match of the season, Middlesex v Yorkshire. Who ever wins would be champions. Head of the ECB and Middlesex man Von Strauss wouldn't let Yorkshires England players play in the match, they were there sat twiddling their thumbs. Funnily enough Middlesex could play their England players.
The rest is history !!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Sad news today regarding the passing of BBC Radio Leeds cricket correspondant Dave Callaghan.

It is with great sadness that The Yorkshire County Cricket Club has learned that Dave Callaghan has passed away.

Considered by many as the voice of Yorkshire Cricket, Dave was taken ill on Friday evening and sadly passed on Monday night. Dave was a much-loved personality at Emerald Headingley and held in the highest regard by players, staff and supporters alike.

Dave’s passion for Yorkshire cricket was unparalleled and his commentary will forever be associated with some of the greatest moments in our modern history.

The Yorkshire County Cricket Club Chief Executive Mark Arthur said: “Dave was a very special person who loved Yorkshire County Cricket Club. He will be missed by everyone associated with Yorkshire Cricket. This is a terribly sad day and our thoughts are with his wife Pat and his family.”

The Club will be not be making any further statement at this time and ask that supporters respect the privacy of Dave’s family.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Never heard him afaik but RIP. Cricket commentators get a free pass into heaven where, as we all know, it's the only sport played..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I spent 10 years playing for St Peters Frimley and that's what the vicar told me, nice guy but god forbid you ran him out...Turned the air blue
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Cally was one of the nicest blokes you could wish to meet. Always had time for a chat.
A true Yorkshire cricket club legend.
Very sad news to hear of his passing at only 63. RIP Cally.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:57 pm Cally was one of the nicest blokes you could wish to meet. Always had time for a chat.
A true Yorkshire cricket club legend.
Very sad news to hear of his passing at only 63. RIP Cally.
Cally came across on his radio commentaries as a nice man

Said hello to Dave at Headingley last year.

Will be sadly missed
1964white

Cricket

Post by 1964white »

What a shocker

Send them back home before further embarrassment

Screenshot 2018-03-22 at 08.45.47.png
hector

Re: Cricket 2018

Post by hector »

I thought it was too soon for the watching paint drying season.......
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Re: Cricket

Post by BobHirst »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:47 am What a shocker

Send them back home before further embarrassment

Screenshot 2018-03-22 at 08.45.47.png
New Zealand must be really good! :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I cannot believe that scorecard! :x
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:51 am I thought it was too soon for the watching paint drying season.......
Don't you start! :cricket: ( consider yourself wacked with a cricket bat! )
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Do you think Google would have the answer if I typed in 'Has a no.9 test batsman ever scored more than half his team's runs before Overton?'
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:02 pm I cannot believe that scorecard! :x
Amazingly Swan four of those five ducks were by our best batsmen :shock:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Wow! Australia caught up in mega ball tampering row. Could this have gone on during The Ashes? There was a lot of talk at the time that Australia could get the ball to reverse swing but we couldn't?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:28 pm Wow! Australia caught up in mega ball tampering row. Could this have gone on during The Ashes? There was a lot of talk at the time that Australia could get the ball to reverse swing but we couldn't?
Disgusting actions, punishments should be very strong. But given the camera coverage I doubt that they'd have been able to do it without getting caught during the Ashes.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:37 pm Disgusting actions, punishments should be very strong. But given the camera coverage I doubt that they'd have been able to do it without getting caught during the Ashes.
Who spotted the footage in the first place Harry? I haven't heard any report on that...? It just seems to have come out of nowhere...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

How sportsmen who resort to these means to gain an advantage is beyond my comprehension

Cheats have no conscience