Favourite Albums Poll - Gangof4, Moore, Numan, Benson, Michael, Rafferty, Goldfrapp, Gonjasufi, Dead, G'n'R - VOTE NOW

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Favourite Albums Poll - Emmylou, Erasure, Fairports, Faithless, FNM, Fall, Florence, Focus, Free, FLC VOTE NOW

Post by NorfolkWhite »

The Fall - Code Selfish, the album that got me in to The Fall - still a fave.

Another band that should have an album in the league :wink:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Favourite Albums Poll - Emmylou, Erasure, Fairports, Faithless, FNM, Fall, Florence, Focus, Free, FLC VOTE NOW

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Whilst I'm at it.....
FLC - Come find Yourself
Erasure - The Circus (more for Mrs NW :lol: )
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Free

Fire and Water

Would love to have seen them live , but like Norm , I’ve seen Bad Company a few years back . I also saw Paul Rodgers with Queen and it wasn’t at all bad to be fair . Probably someone of lesser stature than Rodgers may not have been able to pull it off ( I remember how many failed to do so at the Freddie Mercury memorial concert with the glorious exception of George Michael singing Somebody to Love ) . So I agree , Rodgers is some front man . And Kossoff, what a talent he was to . Great band .
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Fairports - Liege and Leaf

Focus - Moving Waves aka Focus II

Free - Fire & Water (assuming I can't have The Free Story)

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Loco
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Faithless - Reverence
Florence - Lungs
( Faithless one of my all time favourite bands )
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: ( Faithless one of my all time favourite bands )

Not music I listen too but seen them twice at festivals and they are brilliant live.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote:Not music I listen too but seen them twice at festivals and they are brilliant live.
They are Ges, been to see them live in concert twice. Once at the Doncaster Dome (2009) and once at the Birmingham Arena (2010). Both concerts were amazing. Doncaster because it was the first time we saw them and Birmingham because the show was recorded by the band's sound engineers and by the end of the show we could by a CD of our actual concert. I fell in love with them the moment I heard insomnia. It was one of those moments, I was playing pool in the pub with Mr Swan when it came on the juke box (I'd never heard it before)......... so I set off like a whirling girlish to try and find the thing before the track ended to see who it was. (How many of us have done that I wonder :lol: )
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote:They are Ges, been to see them live in concert twice. Once at the Doncaster Dome (2009) and once at the Birmingham Arena (2010). Both concerts were amazing. Doncaster because it was the first time we saw them and Birmingham because the show was recorded by the band's sound engineers and by the end of the show we could by a CD of our actual concert. I fell in love with them the moment I heard insomnia. It was one of those moments, I was playing pool in the pub with Mr Swan when it came on the juke box (I'd never heard it before)......... so I set off like a whirling girlish to try and find the thing before the track ended to see who it was. (How many of us have done that I wonder :lol: )
I too liked Insomnia when I first heard it, then I couldn't remember what it was called, I didn't lose any sleep over it though :wink:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote:I too liked Insomnia when I first heard it, then I couldn't remember what it was called, I didn't lose any sleep over it though :wink:
:roflmao:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Favourite Albums Poll

Post by 1964white »

Emmylou Harris - Elite Hotel 4/5

Fairport Convention - Liege & Lief 4/5

Faithless - Reverence 4/5

Fall - Interim 5/5

Florence & The Machine - Lungs 4/5

Focus - Moving Waves 5/5

Free - Free Live 5/5
hector

Post by hector »

Focus - Moving Waves

Free - Free Live

just those from Hectors house this week
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:Focus - Moving Waves

Free - Free Live

just those from Hectors house this week
Two great albums Hector :tup: glad you love the Free Live album

Free were the first band I saw live in 1970.

Mr Big is undoubtedly so much better than the studio version on Fire & Water
hector

Post by hector »

I generally prefer live albums, as the artists actually play what they wish they had recorded in the studio, and most come out better for that.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Faithless - Reverence 4.5
The Fall - The Frenz Experiment 4
FLC - Come Find Yourself 4.5
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:I generally prefer live albums, as the artists actually play what they wish they had recorded in the studio, and most come out better for that.
More improvisation Hector

Kossoff's guitar solo & in particular Fraser's bass solo is stunning :luv:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Favourite Albums Poll

Post by Mrs64 »

Emmylou Harris - Elite Hotel

Fairport Convention - Liege & Lief

Free - Free Live
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Never got to see them live but saw Bad Co twice, great live band too. Rodgers great front man.
That's because you're not an old sod YET :lol:

Saw Bad Co twice at Leeds Town Hall
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:That's because you're not an old sod YET :lol:

Saw Bad Co twice at Leeds Town Hall
No need to highlight yet, i lnow it's coming. :-D
hector

Post by hector »

gessa wrote:No need to highlight yet, i lnow it's coming. :-D

it is better than the alternative though... :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote:it is better than the alternative though... :lol:
By a few years :-D