Crucible Snooker 2017 - CONTROVERSIAL MOMENT ??

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Crucible Snooker 2017 - CONTROVERSIAL MOMENT ??

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Why don't you post the video up on a different topic Leon. Even the non snooker fans might have a look and it would be good to see what others think?
I don't think the majority on here are interested in snooker infact many are not as sports mad as us two Swan :(
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

whiteswan wrote:Definitely not! :lol: I've just watched it again online from various angles, and if you keep your eye on one reflective spot on the black....it ever so slightly moves....I'm sure of it.
It moved didn't it.
If it didn't..what caused the reflected overhead table lights to move on the black?
There was no close up replay of the white approaching the black, so i don't know how the ref can be certain..he should have had his head right over it imo..plenty of time(probably 5 seconds) after the player had struck the ball, to position himself and get his eyes within inches of it, without putting the player off his shot. That way he would have been able to see whether it touched before rocking back a milimetre or so.
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mchldavies7 wrote:It moved didn't it.
If it didn't..what caused the reflected overhead table lights to move on the black?
There was no close up replay of the white approaching the black, so i don't know how the ref can be certain..he should have had his head right over it imo..plenty of time(probably 5 seconds) after the player had struck the ball, to position himself and get his eyes within inches of it, without putting the player off his shot. That way he would have been able to see whether it touched before rocking back a milimetre or so.
Agreed. In the actual live televised shot the referee seemed out of position, only to quickly cut in front of the camera as the shot was played. How could he be so certain the balls didn't touch, if he was indeed out of position. And as we agree, the reflective light on the ball if you watch it carefully showed that it moved. Albeit, ever so very slightly.....