So what is the minimum requirement ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote:Athough it didn't affect Brighton who just missed out last season. The Seagulls retained the likes of Hughton, Knockaert, Dunk, etc & added to their squad last summer, mind you we talking Leeds here, it all could go pear-shape very easily
And believe me, at 58 years of age, I know just how easy it is to go pear-shaped.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

I still think we will make the top 6, 2 wins will be enough imo.

The whole pattern of our season suggests we WILL at least win one of the next 2 games against either Burton or Norwich and will probably win easily.
Against Wigan I think it will be back in our hands, we will need to win but it will be in our hands, Wigan are poor at the back, will be testing out players and we will probably play on the front foot and counter attack if we need to win.

I genuinely believe yesterday was a massive blessing in disguise for our whole season. I still think there is at least one more Ipswich, Norwich (away), Preston, Derby and Brighton level of performance left before the end of the season, when It will happen I don't know next 3 games, Semi Final or even in the Final. Can just tell its building up to it from what Garry said yesterday and our current situation.

3. Reading
4. Huddersfield
5. Leeds
6. Sheffield Wednesday
7. Fulham
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Gary Shaw wrote:I still think we will make the top 6, 2 wins will be enough imo.

The whole pattern of our season suggests we WILL at least win one of the next 2 games against either Burton or Norwich and will probably win easily.
Against Wigan I think it will be back in our hands, we will need to win but it will be in our hands, Wigan are poor at the back, will be testing out players and we will probably play on the front foot and counter attack if we need to win.

I genuinely believe yesterday was a massive blessing in disguise for our whole season. I still think there is at least one more Ipswich, Norwich (away), Preston, Derby and Brighton level of performance left before the end of the season, when It will happen I don't know next 3 games, Semi Final or even in the Final. Can just tell its building up to it from what Garry said yesterday and our current situation.

3. Reading
4. Huddersfield
5. Leeds
6. Sheffield Wednesday
7. Fulham
After yesterday , reading your post has cheered me up Gary !
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Still in our hands, but we are facing 3 cup finals to make it. We most certainly can, but unsure that we will, we have lost form and momentum whilst others have done the opposite. At just the wrong time!

With regard to next season (on the basis we don't get up), then the onus is on the club to convince both Monk and key players that their future lies with Leeds Utd, at least in the short-term. CT will probably go irrespective of what happens, but I'd be surprised if Bartley, Pontus and Wood don't start next season as Leeds players. May be predicated on Monk's future being sorted (why hasn't that been done yet???), but I don't think we'd be picked clean by Prem vultures. Just my opinion, of course, I could be talking sh*te!! Whatever happens, we need to augment the squad with better players, this is where we will see what Radz brings to the table.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Hopefully i am talking rubbish...but we are not good enough this year....i would love us to stumble over the playoff finish line just to get the experience of it to make us hungrier for next year.
I don't want us going up to be made a laughing stock of in the Premier league.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd be very happy to be prem league whipping boys for 100M plus
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

faaip wrote:I'd be very happy to be prem league whipping boys for 100M plus
Maybe i'm a traditionalist....i hate all this money business...i would hate Leeds to end up like Man City...buying success....it just doesn't seem right :|
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
gessa

Post by gessa »

Me too, yo yoing for a couple of seasons was the making of teams like West Brom and Stoke, you need to get that sort of money in to even think about competing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The only way round that would be to stay in the FL. You can't play in the PL without spending lots of money.

In response to Ronan
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote:And believe me, at 58 years of age, I know just how easy it is to go pear-shaped.
It's a man thing John :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote:Hopefully i am talking rubbish...but we are not good enough this year....i would love us to stumble over the playoff finish line just to get the experience of it to make us hungrier for next year.
I don't want us going up to be made a laughing stock of in the Premier league.
No you are not talking rubbish Ronan

I've seen us play 30 times & I can count on one hand where we have played well as a team & dominated the opposition. I can count on more than one hand the matches we have been gash.

Nick & I have said all season that we are not ready for the prem. You have to serve your apprenticeship in the champs just as Brighton, Watford, Boro, Burnley, Hull & others have done in the past

I keep insisting next season will be our time as long as Monk is supported by our board
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote:Maybe i'm a traditionalist....i hate all this money business...i would hate Leeds to end up like Man City...buying success....it just doesn't seem right :|
Me too :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I doubt the season-ticket holders/regular attenders would agree with you Faaip

Not pleasant seeing your team thumped once let alone being battered every other week
gessa

Post by gessa »

I reckon Reading will win all their remaining 3 games and think the table will finish like this

Reading...88
Hudds. ..85
Fulham ..80
Leeds. ...80
Wendies. ...79
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I reckon Reading will win all their remaining 3 games and think the table will finish like this

Reading...88
Hudds. ..85
Fulham ..80
Leeds. ...80
Wendies. ...79
Would be nice Mr Predictor :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Would be nice Mr Predictor :tup:
We'll meet Fulham in the final.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I agree gessa and we'll be the surprise package from nowhere doing a Blackpool, except we'll stay up.
But then I am good floristically and have delusions.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Any chance mate you could put a play off ticket my way. ?, they tell me Wembley is magical at that time of year.
gessa

Post by gessa »

paddy parrott wrote:Any chance mate you could put a play off ticket my way. ?, they tell me Wembley is magical at that time of year.
My birthday weekend, would be very magical, would love a ticket myself.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:We'll meet Fulham in the final.
Oh dear to be outplayed by a footballing team again.....although we have drawn with the Cottagers twice this season so we could nick it on penalties this time :lol: