So what is the minimum requirement ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby 1964white » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:15 am

Two wins may just be enough

Can't see us winning all three games

When did we last win three consecutive matches ?

Problem is our bad results have come at the wrong time whilst every other team around us are winning their games

If we beat Burton & Norwich which I'm unconvinced we'll do, that Sheff Wed v Fulham could be decisive for us

So two wins is the minimum for me, anything less & I think we can kiss the play-offs goodbye

I still believe next season will be our year

danhirons
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby danhirons » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:02 am

If we don't make it cellino is going to be absolutely livid. Can't remember what the season ticket deal was but probably going to have to give back around 5 million to the supporters...

User avatar
weasel
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5309
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby weasel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:03 am

The next season argument is a tricky one given that the vultures will be pouncing and we also have players on loan. If we don't go up Taylor will leave, no guarantees Bartley would stay, Pontus may hand in a transfer request if premiership clubs want him, likewise Wood. As such 3 of the 4 main players this year would likely be gone (the 4th being Green who seems happy to stay). Now the plus side is that we would likely receive money for Taylor and would definitely receive decent money for Pontus and Wood. So with that money we would need to buy at least 2 decent centrebacks (or hope to get decent loan signings) and a 20+ goal striker just to try to equal what we already have and that is without looking to strengthen elsewhere. If the money was spent wisely then we could be a stronger side but certainly no guarantee that we could replace those players.
Senor El Weasel

User avatar
weasel
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5309
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby weasel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:04 am

danhirons wrote:If we don't make it cellino is going to be absolutely livid. Can't remember what the season ticket deal was but probably going to have to give back around 5 million to the supporters...


I think any refunds would be in the form of a discount against next season's season tickets rather than a straight refund.
Senor El Weasel

User avatar
billie1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: Crawley , West Sussex

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby billie1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:15 am

1964white wrote:Two wins may just be enough

Can't see us winning all three games


I still believe next season will be our year


I'm hoping that there might be less pressure now . I think Monk said as much after yesterday . It would be a huge disappointment to miss out after so long but Leeds won't be the first club that has happened to .

I'm concerned about the summer . Pivotal to sort out Garry Monk's contract ( why haven't we ? ) . We do need more quality but also need to hang on to a lot of what we have . Charlie Taylor I guess will leave . Clubs are bound to be interested in the likes of Chris Wood . Kyle Bartley isn't our player ( Burnley a rumoured destination to replace Keane ) . There is / will be much to do .

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14407
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby gessa » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:44 am

It really is one game at a time, Burton won't be easy, they've been on a decent run since January, Fulham are away to Huddersfield, who will want to regain 3rd place, Fulham have proved that they are capable of getting a result when up against it, Newcastle away for example. We shouldn't be in this situation as we had a great chance yesterday against a weakened Wolves team but at least it is nice for a change to be involved in games that mean something at the end of a season other than hoping we'll get 10th spot to beat the previous seasons placing. Hoping Veiera is fit for Saturday, I think we look a better team with him in it.

I can see Fulham getting 7 points from their last 3 games so we possibly have to win them all.
Saying that I reckon Wednesday will get 4 points from their last 3 games so 6 may do.

danhirons
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby danhirons » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 am

weasel wrote:I think any refunds would be in the form of a discount against next season's season tickets rather than a straight refund.


Unless there was something in the contract, surely that wouldn't be legal? A discount against next seasons season ticket is definitely not a refund!

And anyway it's effectively the same thing as it would be a significant loss of revenue

User avatar
weasel
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5309
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby weasel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:20 am

I am sure that it was in the terms that the refund as such was a refund against a further purchase - I think I read somewhere that it would amount to around £1m but in giving out a refund the club would still be getting income as the supporter would have to buy next year's season ticket - as such really if it is a 25% refund it is the equivalent of 12.5% of per year and the club has guaranteed that the fan has renewed and paid for 2 years. A very smart move by Cellino although some would suggest he isn't a good businessman.
Senor El Weasel

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby 1964white » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:28 am

143 days since we were last out of the top six

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby 1964white » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 am

weasel wrote:The next season argument is a tricky one given that the vultures will be pouncing and we also have players on loan. If we don't go up Taylor will leave, no guarantees Bartley would stay, Pontus may hand in a transfer request if premiership clubs want him, likewise Wood. As such 3 of the 4 main players this year would likely be gone (the 4th being Green who seems happy to stay). Now the plus side is that we would likely receive money for Taylor and would definitely receive decent money for Pontus and Wood. So with that money we would need to buy at least 2 decent centrebacks (or hope to get decent loan signings) and a 20+ goal striker just to try to equal what we already have and that is without looking to strengthen elsewhere. If the money was spent wisely then we could be a stronger side but certainly no guarantee that we could replace those players.


Athough it didn't affect Brighton who just missed out last season. The Seagulls retained the likes of Hughton, Knockaert, Dunk, etc & added to their squad last summer, mind you we talking Leeds here, it all could go pear-shape very easily

User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5397
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby Gandalf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:34 am

weasel wrote:Pontus may hand in a transfer request if premiership clubs want him

Jansson is not our player yet, as we only have a verbal agreement that he will sign for us in the summer. Therefore we would not receive a fee if he decided to sign for somebody else.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby 1964white » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 am

gessa wrote:It really is one game at a time, Burton won't be easy, they've been on a decent run since January, Fulham are away to Huddersfield, who will want to regain 3rd place, Fulham have proved that they are capable of getting a result when up against it, Newcastle away for example. We shouldn't be in this situation as we had a great chance yesterday against a weakened Wolves team but at least it is nice for a change to be involved in games that mean something at the end of a season other than hoping we'll get 10th spot to beat the previous seasons placing. Hoping Veiera is fit for Saturday, I think we look a better team with him in it.

I can see Fulham getting 7 points from their last 3 games so we possibly have to win them all.
Saying that I reckon Wednesday will get 4 points from their last 3 games so 6 may do.


Burton won't be easy mate......tight ground, potential scalp for their lads plus Luke Murphy will probably have a blinder !

You can't constantly play crap & get away with it, we've got lucky in so many games.

We need to up our game considerably if we are to seal a top six place. It really is up to the players whether they have enough desire to see it through.

I personally think Monk has done a decent job but he has been far too cautious at times. We look a better team when we take the game to the opposition as oppose to sitting back & absorbing so much pressure !

Time to show our metal....if we mess up again we don't deserve a play-off place

User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby Durly » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:44 am

I honestly think we need 3 wins out of 3. I reckon Fulham will win at Hudds and I think that Wednesday have, unfortunately run into some form at just the wrong time for us after looking like they were going to drop out. Even 7 points is no good if Pigs and Fulham win their next two and then draw with each other on the last day. We can't go into the last day knowing that those two can play out a draw to both qualify. Going to be very twitchy these next 2-3 weeks.
Image

User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5397
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby Gandalf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 am

1964white wrote:plus Luke Murphy will probably have a blinder !

He can't play, as part of his loan deal. Burton fans think he is their best player !
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!

User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby Durly » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 am

1964white wrote:Burton won't be easy mate......tight ground, potential scalp for their lads plus Luke Murphy will probably have a blinder !

You can't constantly play crap & get away with it, we've got lucky in so many games.

We need to up our game considerably if we are to seal a top six place. It really is up to the players whether they have enough desire to see it through.

I personally think Monk has done a decent job but he has been far too cautious at times. We look a better team when we take the game to the opposition as oppose to sitting back & absorbing so much pressure !

Time to show our metal....if we mess up again we don't deserve a play-off place


Murphy will be ineligible, I think mate.
Image

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby 1964white » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:09 am

Well Murphy being ineligible maybe a blessing in disguise although Wolves had a weakened team yesterday & still beat us !

As i said it really is up to the lads to show their character & metal now

One more cock-up & i suspect it will be curtains for this season

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby faaip » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:55 pm

here you go, doesn't work for me in Chrome but should in IE

http://www.42wide.com/playoffs/
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Bartley, Pontus, Taylor, Bridcutt, Vierra, Pedraza , Roofe, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Phillips - Doukara - Antonsson - Coyle - Peacock Farrell - Dallas

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby faaip » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:56 pm

I think 5 gives us a shot. That would be the bare minimum
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Bartley, Pontus, Taylor, Bridcutt, Vierra, Pedraza , Roofe, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Phillips - Doukara - Antonsson - Coyle - Peacock Farrell - Dallas

danhirons
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby danhirons » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:58 pm

weasel wrote:I am sure that it was in the terms that the refund as such was a refund against a further purchase - I think I read somewhere that it would amount to around £1m but in giving out a refund the club would still be getting income as the supporter would have to buy next year's season ticket - as such really if it is a 25% refund it is the equivalent of 12.5% of per year and the club has guaranteed that the fan has renewed and paid for 2 years. A very smart move by Cellino although some would suggest he isn't a good businessman.


Ahhh okay, I forgot it was only 25% too, I thought the 50% threshold had been reached. Does sound like it was a good move.

User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2743
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: So what is the minimum requirement ?

Postby Gurj » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:03 pm

I cant believe its come to this given we were cruising just 3 weeks ago.

But it has to be said that performances have been poor of late, and the others around us have started to put results together week in week out.

Was at Newcastle on Friday and while the euphoria of that late equaliser will stay with me forever, in hindsight it was a very very lucky point gained. We did sod all in second half until that crucial 95th minute.

As for yesterday, I saw the wolves side with key players such as Helder Costa missing and thought we should do this surely, yet again it was another woeful performance.

I cant see us winning all three, not with our away form. Just praying Hudds and Derby can do us a favour on Saturday and we can somehow sneak above Wednesday and Fulham again as a result.

With them playing each other on last day we have genuine hope still but we MUST be ahead of at least one of them before that final day's games. The prospect of them playing out a ' staged ' draw which could see them both finish ahead of us irrespective of our result at Wigan doesnt bear thinking about :-(
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gessa, HarryofOz, Ratscoot, rich_leeds64 and 52 guests