Even if we don't make the play-offs......

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Even if we don't make the play-offs......

Post by 1964white »

For once in many years I do like & admire our bunch of players

Pontus, Ayling, Wood, Phillips, Dallas, Berardi, Doukara to my knowledge & maybe a few others have shown humanity, compassion & kindness to our supporters particularly the young & disabled fans during this season

So many footballers are up there own ar*e but our players seem so caring, they obviously realise without us fans they wouldn't be earning a crust at Leeds United :clap2:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/881751967?-11130:816:0
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Even if we don't make the play-offs......

Post by billysboots »

Good post ourfella, point well made. :!:
There Is Only One United.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote:Good post ourfella, point well made. :!:
I'm pretty sure that Garry Monk & his management team have instilled good morals amongst his group of players who show respect to our fans who support them week in week out !
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

thing is, Cap and manager are at the heart of this, what they do others follow.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote:I'm pretty sure that Garry Monk & his management team have instilled good morals amongst his group of players who show respect to our fans who support them week in week out !
Agree at last we have a management team and group of players who play for the fans and the club not just their bank balance :tup: :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

For the first time in a long while we have had a season where progress has been made and we have a team where we aren't looking to offload or replace most of them. Yes we'd obviously be looking to improve where we could and possibly have to replace Taylor, Bartley, Jannson and Wood but if Jannson or Wood left then at least we'd have a decent amount of cash to make decent signings rather than huge gambles.
We also have improved the quality of signings this year and whether that is due to Monk, Clotet or Cellino and his contacts matters not as between them they have done superbly. Yes always going to be some signings that don't work, such as Grimes and Antonnsen, but then you look at the amount of good signings, Green, Ayling, Bartley & Jannson have been superb signings and Roofe, Hernandez, Sacko & Pedraza have done okay and at times looked excellent. As such you'd certainly have more confident that we'd get signings right this summer and if the team is improved it should be challenging for at least a play-off place.
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

Bodes well for next season if the large majority or even all of it can stay together
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

Sadly a lot of the key personnel aren't signed up including Monk. If we don't go up they could all clear off to the Premiership. Big money talks and there is no loyalty in football. We have seen it every year. Could just be a one season wonder I am afraid. (Sorry for sad post but not hopeful).
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Sadly a lot of the key personnel aren't signed up including Monk. If we don't go up they could all clear off to the Premiership. Big money talks and there is no loyalty in football. We have seen it every year. Could just be a one season wonder I am afraid. (Sorry for sad post but not hopeful).
Not sad just realistic Miss SW

Everything always seems to up in the air with Leeds, hopefully that scenario will change during the summer
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I don't get all the concern over Monk's contract. The deal allows the club to tie him down to another year at any point. Okay worse case scenario someone poaches him but we'd get compensation. As it is though it has always seemed common sense to wait till the summer to discuss an extension as if we got promoted then I am sure he'd be offered a huge pay rise. It may also be that his contract has incentives in it - Cellino usually includes lots of incentives in contracts to keep the initial contract low and reward success - so any new deal and pay rises would be dependant on where we finish, points achieved etc which wouldn't be known until the end of the season.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Sadly a lot of the key personnel aren't signed up including Monk. If we don't go up they could all clear off to the Premiership. Big money talks and there is no loyalty in football. We have seen it every year. Could just be a one season wonder I am afraid. (Sorry for sad post but not hopeful).
Feel exactly the same I'm afraid :(
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I must agree with Miss Surrey White, which is why I dont buy this " this year is too soon, we will be stronger next year " comment some make. This is the best chance we will have and we have to grasp it now. I hope these players realise they will never have a better chance of becoming heroes and legends forever if they can just win the next 6 games :-)
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:I must agree with Miss Surrey White, which is why I dont buy this " this year is too soon, we will be stronger next year " comment some make. This is the best chance we will have and we have to grasp it now. I hope these players realise they will never have a better chance of becoming heroes and legends forever if they can just win the next 6 games :-)
Would Brighton fans had been making the same comments just before their must win game at Boro where they drew & then lost in the play-offs ?

They retained Hughton, made key additions to their squad & look how they have progressed this season. The Seagulls were one of my tips to win the championship this time round.

I always judge a club by the manager. Benitez & Hughton had prem experience.
Hopefully Monk follows the same route as Chris Hughton who consolidated their position in his first season at Brighton with the knowledge he had something to work & build on for the 2016/17 season

Rome wasn't built in a day !
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

weasel wrote:if Jannson or Wood left then at least we'd have a decent amount of cash to make decent signings rather than huge gambles.
I wish you would stop saying this about Jansson. We only have a verbal agreement to sign him in the summer. If he goes back on his word and signs for somebody else, then we get nowt.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:I wish you would stop saying this about Jansson. We only have a verbal agreement to sign him in the summer. If he goes back on his word and signs for somebody else, then we get nowt.
Sadly the case :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anyway I still admire our current bunch of players even though I don't think they are quite good enough for promotion let alone playing in the premiership !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Anyway I still admire our current bunch of players even though I don't think they are quite good enough for promotion let alone playing in the premiership !
They are a great bunch of players who have done us proud and given us something to hope for this season, only to have a stumble just at the wrong time. They might still make the play offs, they might even get to the final and win it, which would be an amazing achievement. I just think that some of us are a bit worried that if we dont, then the vultures will come sniffing and we may not have anything much to build on next season
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

1964white wrote:Would Brighton fans had been making the same comments just before their must win game at Boro where they drew & then lost in the play-offs ?

They retained Hughton, made key additions to their squad & look how they have progressed this season. The Seagulls were one of my tips to win the championship this time round.

I always judge a club by the manager. Benitez & Hughton had prem experience.
Hopefully Monk follows the same route as Chris Hughton who consolidated their position in his first season at Brighton with the knowledge he had something to work & build on for the 2016/17 season

Rome wasn't built in a day !
And Brightons debt last year £171m!
No chance we should, could or would risk that.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:And Brightons debt last year £171m!
No chance we should, could or would risk that.
Wow !

I didn't know that :shock:

How were the Seagulls allowed to operate with that sort of high debt ?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Wow !

I didn't know that :shock:

How were the Seagulls allowed to operate with that sort of high debt ?
Football League Rules

Rule 17: Debts

a) If the club goes under the name Leeds United then automatic transfer ban, embargoes (to be made up), fines (any amount applicable), points deduction (ignore previous cases and re-write the rule books so as to be able to impose any points deduction deemed overly harsh), chairman ban (any length regardless of legalities) and threat of winding up the club (with new rules brought in if the club isn't wound up and any punishments to be made up too).
b) If the club is in the same division as Leeds ignore any debts and allow the club to do as they like
c) If the club is considered to be a lowly minnow hit them with similar punishments that have been handed out to Leeds United before so as to appear impartial and fair.