Burton v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Burton v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

Disaster. We are done now. It's ok for Janson, Bartley & Monk they will all get their moves to the Prem. It's us lot that stay in this blooming league. Goodnight.
gessa

Post by gessa »

2 wins from last 2 games would still unlikely be enough, possible but not likely.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote:2 wins from last 2 games would still unlikely be enough, possible but not likely.
To make things worse, a few weeks ago we were looking like we were going to easily make it to the play-offs.

Still while there's hope, there's hope.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

apollo wrote:4 points from last 24 so cant be surprised we are out of the playoffs
Now that is a real depressing stat.
Looks like it is refunds all round for the season ticket holders.
And we are spared the humiliation of getting trounced in the playoffs
What a damp squid the end of the season has been.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's more the 0 from 6 over the last two games. Monk cost us earlier with his barney with Jansson. We seemed to have gotten over that with a good win and draw then Wolves and Burton
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote:To make things worse, a few weeks ago we were looking like we were going to easily make it to the play-offs.

Still while there's hope, there's hope.
6 games ago if someone had told me be we'd be where we are today I would have laughed.
Seemed to all go wrong after the alleged Monk/Jansson spat.

A few have said we're probably a year too early but I honestly don't think we'll get a chance as good as this for a while.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:2 wins from last 2 games would still unlikely be enough, possible but not likely.

I think we're looking at Reading. They seem to be playing poorly too. Hudds maybe if they lose the game in hand
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote:6 games ago if someone had told me be we'd be where we are today I would have laughed.
Seemed to all go wrong after the alleged Monk/Jansson spat.

A few have said we're probably a year too early but I honestly don't think we'll get a chance as good as this for a while.
To state the obvious we need to keep hold of key players like Bartley, Jansson, Hernandez, Wood and Green - or replace them with better players if we lose them.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote:To state the obvious we need to keep hold of key players like Bartley, Jansson, Hernandez, Wood and Green - or replace them with better players if we lose them.

Difficult even if we have money to spend. Anytime a new player comes in irrespective of cost it's a bit of a lottery that they "fit"

I think Wood will be here unless it's 15 mill plus, Green certainly, Hernandez we have the option on
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Disaster. We are done now. It's ok for Janson, Bartley & Monk they will all get their moves to the Prem. It's us lot that stay in this blooming league. Goodnight.
I'm quietly seething the the moment. I'll wait until I calm down before saying what I really think. Being a laydee prevents me from writing exactly what I'm thinking about our shambolic lot right now and I include the manager in that !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not using Antonsson more was criminal imo, there's quality there and I've no idea why when we had to score he didn't get on today. In fact did we use all our subs?
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote:To state the obvious we need to keep hold of key players like Bartley, Jansson, Hernandez, Wood and Green - or replace them with better players if we lose them.
If Swansea go down , I think they will probably want Bartley back, Jansson seems up in the air whether he's our player or not. Wood has had a great season but he's not a premiership striker imo, so could only see a big money offer coming in from 1 of the 4/5 Championship teams with the required amount of money. Hernadez as a year option but we need to sign players to complement him, he's on another level to Doukara, Sacko and a few more.
Green has just signed a 12 month extension so he's the only one I'm confident will be here.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think that will be Wood' best season, he's not premiership quality imo. To slow, seems limited in his movement around the box. No idea where we stand with Jansson, not sure if he's signed anything or if the agreement is just with Torino.

Need to get Monk tied up as soon as possible.

Vierra is the big one for me I think he and Phillips can give us a really good midfield core. Lets not forget how old they are. They're only going to get better
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

faaip wrote:Not using Antonsson more was criminal imo, there's quality there and I've no idea why when we had to score he didn't get on today. In fact did we use all our subs?
He seems to have been by and large forgotten or frozen out . Might have been a alternative option at times when things not working . I'd even forgotten about him until a few days ago .
Somehow need to get better players in , forget play offs and go for top 2 hopefully next season .... I know ,easy to say that . I suppose if no play offs then the club can be looking at players sooner knowing where they are next season . To think it was almost a nailed on certainty 6 games to go - now 2 to go and its looking a distant dream . I think Monk will stay , has something to prove maybe and he's the best manager at least since Grayson ( I'd rate Monk better ) .
This is all very disappointing though ........certainly not good enough to go up t present. That bad start didn't help one bit ....and a finish to match . The bit in between was good though , just the first and last 6 games fucked it all up .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think Antonsson is a natural striker, I really hope we keep him or someone benefis.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Angry young man analysing the Burton game

Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

So dejected and disappointed tonight. I wish I could say I couldn't see this coming but I really could. I'm off to get smashed.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote:So dejected and disappointed tonight. I wish I could say I couldn't see this coming but I really could. I'm off to get smashed.
Tried to remain confident all season but I went to Burton in trepidation just hoping we'd somehow put in a performance & get a result. Same old sh*te unfortunately. Is it any wonder our fans are in despair & had enough ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm subdued, there's still a mathematical chance of course but SW and Fulham will probably only need a draw and we'd need Reading to lose both and us to win both, not likely with us playing Norwich.

We should have walked into the playoffs from where we were even on suspect form and I think we shot ourselves in the foot with the Jansson saga and we haven't looked the same team since.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

1964white wrote:Tried to remain confident all season but I went to Burton in trepidation just hoping we'd somehow put in a performance & get a result. Same old sh*te unfortunately. Is it any wonder our fans are in despair & had enough ?
It's just absolutely typical Leeds, isn't it? Feels like 2010/11 all over again. It was in our hands from mid-November to mid-April and we've tossed it away with 2 games to go. FFS!