Why was this goal disallowed ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Why was this goal disallowed ?

Post by 1964white »

First goal can be important in a tight game

I thought it was disallowed for offside but you can clearly hear the ref blow his whistle as soon as Bartley cleanly wins the ball with his header

Watch 18 seconds into this clip

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -2-1-leeds
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: Why was this goal disallowed ?

Post by 60sUnited »

My thoughts exactly when I saw the clip yesterday, looked a perfectly legit goal to me and yes it could have changed the whole game and given us the confidence to go on and win the 3 points.....maybe ! :x
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Like you say nothing at all wrong. The ref definitely seems to be waiting till Bartley jumps but no foul at all and if anything the keeper punches Bartley who wins the ball cleanly before the keeper gets anywhere near the ball.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Does my head in anytime any player goes near a keeper the ref blows the whistle, yet the keeper can punch the players lights out (going for the ball!) and I don't see refs giving many pens for that.

This was definitely a goal that should have stood surely we can pin the blame on the EFL somehow?
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't