Monk/Jansson interviews today

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Monk/Jansson interviews today

Post by 1964white »

Garry Monk
"Liam Bridcutt won’t be available, he has a soreness around his achilles. Apart from that, we are as we were before Burton"
"We've been disappointed, but the message is, whilst we still have that chance, we have to fight with everything we have"
"In football, anything can happen"
"We needed to make Elland Road a fortress again, and build that relationship. It has been very special place this season"
"Our home record has really contributed to our positive season and we want to finish on a high"
"We want to give a performance everyone can be proud of"

Adam Pope:
Garry Monk: "The hurt we feel of not being in top six we can't allow it make ourselves feel sorry. We have to give everything.
GM: "It was never our objective to make play offs. It was about playing better & putting structures in place. We still have a chance
GM: "We want to finish on a high & put on a show & a result at Elland Road. We owe that. Let's see if we can take it to the last day.
Captain Liam Bridcutt will miss the Norwich game with a sore Achilles which has prevented him training
Garry Monk says being linked with the manager's role at Norwich City is pure rumour
Garry Monk has met new director Ivan Bravo whose role he says will be revealed in the summer
GM: "Whatever happens its impossible to say anything has been a failure. The objective was to connect #lufc together. That's our hallmark."
GM on future: "I have to respect the club when they want to speak. Then we have to be aligned on way forward. My focus is these 2 games."
Goalkeeper Marco Silvestri unlikely to be back this season. Monk says he is meeting with medical staff tomorrow.
GM says no discussions on signings yet. That's all for June he says when club decides.

Pontus Jansson
Pontus Jansson: "To be honest, if we don't reach the play-offs I won't see this season as successful. My goal is to reach the play-offs."
Jansson made clear though that he expects to be here next season. "My future is in Leeds. I have a contract which starts in July
Jansson thinks Leeds made the mistake of thinking about qualifying for play-offs after the Brighton win, rather than aiming for the top two.
Maybe that's the only thing we've done wrong this season."
Jansson said there was a "little plan" to take a 15th yellow if Leeds had been winning against Wolves but admitted the ref was wise to that.
Jansson admitted that he's had too many "stupid" yellow cards this season. "Now I need to take it easier"
Jansson: "I don't sit here and talk s**t. I believe we will get in the play-offs and the other teams will shake a bit.
Pontus Jansson: "Its time for us to hunt.
Jansson: "My goal is the play offs and nothing else. My future is here in Leeds.
Jansson: "200% I believe we will make play offs
1964white

Re: Monk/Jansson interviews today

Post by 1964white »

Curious thing Monk said "It was never our objective to make play offs"

I dont think Cellino will see it the same way.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hope Pontus is sincere about staying at Leeds
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:
Hope Pontus is sincere about staying at Leeds
Understatement of the year sunshine.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Interesting comments all round, if GM really didn't believe the objective was the playoffs that suggests he viewed the role as part of a longer term plan as he can't have expected a better offer on the back of an average season and surely he didn't come in saying his ultimate aim wasn't promotion?

As others have said I hope Pontus is here next season, first real talisman we have had in a while - offers so much on and off the pitch, that could be the key as to which way we continue after this season. If it came down to a choice on cashing in on one of our two real assets Pontus / Wood......I'd probably keep Pontus - hope it doesn't come to that but may be a choice we have to make.