Charlie Taylor

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
John in Louisiana
First Team
First Team

Charlie Taylor

Postby John in Louisiana » Sun May 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Apparently Charlie Taylor refused to play today.

Wonderful player, but this is most decidedly not Leeds. Revie would have pilloried the guy.

Heck, Revie wouldn't have had to. The other players would have done it for him.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Charlie Taylor

Postby faaip » Sun May 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Knew this yesterday tbf...He's gone and good riddance.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sun May 07, 2017 2:02 pm

So left back high on the list of needs now
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

Crude
Twitter: crudos

Postby Crude » Sun May 07, 2017 3:01 pm

I had a sneaking suspicion that was holding back most of the season, but doing just enough to keep him in the eye of his next prospective employer. This pretty much confirms that for me. Utter disgrace and slap in the face to the club that taught and nurtured him. Enjoy that payday lad and whatever comes after.
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011

Leeds United Americas (LUA)

You can take the Leeds out of the top flight but you'll never take the top flight out of Leeds.
—Dom Matteo

weasel

Postby weasel » Sun May 07, 2017 3:26 pm

You can see why he wouldn't want to play and mess up a lucrative move and definitely the reason why his agent would have been telling him not to play and it does make you wonder how many times he could have played this season but chose not to as it did seem he took a long time to recover from his injury - my feeling is he hoped to get a move in January but then when that failed to happen made himself available again.

Good riddance to him - hope we get a decent fee and then his career goes downhill likes his agent's other client (Sam Byram). Rather have Berardi in the team any day of the week.
Senor El Weasel

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sun May 07, 2017 3:33 pm

weasel wrote:You can see why he wouldn't want to play and mess up a lucrative move and definitely the reason why his agent would have been telling him not to play and it does make you wonder how many times he could have played this season but chose not to as it did seem he took a long time to recover from his injury - my feeling is he hoped to get a move in January but then when that failed to happen made himself available again.

Good riddance to him - hope we get a decent fee and then his career goes downhill likes his agent's other client (Sam Byram). Rather have Berardi in the team any day of the week.

So would I but not at left back
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

billie1
First Team
First Team

Postby billie1 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:21 pm

I didn't know that we could expect nearly as much for Taylor as described in this piece here

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... r-signing/

John in Louisiana
First Team
First Team

Postby John in Louisiana » Sun May 07, 2017 5:25 pm

billie1 wrote:I didn't know that we could expect nearly as much for Taylor as described in this piece here

Whatever we get is a bonus. An attitude like his is a cancer on the team.

hector
First Team
First Team

Postby hector » Sun May 07, 2017 5:34 pm

All those years of goodwill and support from us fans.....gone.......
:tup: A Ditto a day STILL keeps Leon at bay... :wink:

becchio bear
Queen of Quotes
Queen of Quotes
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Postby becchio bear » Sun May 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Disgraceful decision by Charlie Taylor!! Club should fine him for starters. Like JIL says we don't need an attitude like that in the team. Get rid, we don't need players like that, not fit to pull on the white shirt. (or the blue one in today's case!) :bear:

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Postby 1964white » Sun May 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Refusing to play for your club when under contract is nothing short of scandalous & shameful.

Taylor has lost all the respect of the Leeds fans who won't forgive him for his disloyalty to LUFC, now b*g*er off to the premiership with your mates, expect total grief if you ever return to ER :mad: Charlie obviously thinks he is better than he is, hope he comes a cropper in his future career :hammer:

Norm
Manager
Manager

Postby Norm » Sun May 07, 2017 6:15 pm

According to that article, Pulis isn't sure about him, given the likely fee.
I hope he does go though, anywhere, remove his whine.
I don't wish him any ill, just to come down to earth somewhere with a reality bump.

liggy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Postby liggy » Sun May 07, 2017 7:07 pm

If he worked with some of the young lads at my factory on 7.90 ph.
He would crawl over broken glass to play today.
He should ask my nephew, who played against us today if he made the right ,
Decision ,Dan pushed asda trolleys round before he got a break.

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Postby lufc1304 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Disgusting attitude from Taylor, thought the lad had more about him than that. He can get to f**k out of our club, we don't want his like poisoning the well.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Postby Oscar » Mon May 08, 2017 12:07 am

Great player for us and will probably go on to have a brilliant career, you can't blame Charlie for wanting to play at a higher level he is too good for this level, however, he is a disgrace for doing what he did today would have made no difference if he did or didn't play today he still would have got his move to the premier league.
Absolutely no excuses he has taken the p**s out of the club today. The least he can do now is apologise on Twitter or something (won't happen though).
Garry 100% did the right thing by explaining what actually happened.
Liverpool (if he goes there) would be a great move for him and up to today I would have been happy for him, of course I would have wanted Charlie to stay but if someone like Liverpool is interested then fair play. He would have virtually no quality competition at left back as well. Not sure he deserves a move to a club like Liverpool though (no matter how talented he is) after what he did today, can you imagine the conversation between him and Milner after today :lol: .
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Postby Oscar » Mon May 08, 2017 12:11 am

One thing I will say is that he's not the only player in our squad who has refused to play for us before (Silvestri and Doukara)
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Postby Gurj » Mon May 08, 2017 8:11 am

Can only echo previous views, Charlie has let himself, the fans and the club down massively. Such a stupid short sighted selfish way to end all he's years at LUFC. I understand that there is always a risk of getting injured before a career making move but to refuse to play for a club that has done so much for him is just disgraceful.

Sad thing about all this is yes we can fine him but it will mean nothing as he's big fat signing on fee at West Brom or Liverpool, or whichever prem club he is moving to will easily cover that probably 10 times over.

All the power is with the player these days unfortunately.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MissSurreyWhite » Mon May 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Disgraceful behaviour from the player and agent. That is no way to respect the club that pays your wages. Well done to Monk for telling it like it is. Get rid and get a high a compensation as possible. No doubt he will go the way of others before sitting on the bench to reflect.

dezzy
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @pdezzy

Postby dezzy » Mon May 08, 2017 2:15 pm

Will look great in the west brom reserves. Making it to the top is all about mentality, this kid doesnt have it, all the talent but a lot of players have that.
Is he any better than Byram or Cook? They have found it tricky to get regular games, he'll find it harder
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NorfolkWhite » Mon May 08, 2017 3:34 pm

May be that there'll be a couple of people put off by Charlie's attitude in this saga, bad advice from his team I reckon - sad way for it all to end with him.

Return to “General Chat”