The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

Post by 8ballali »

I think I heard somewhere (probably phil hay) that we're interested in Craig Bryson.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Dutch media claiming FC Twente have rejected a bid from #lufc for midfielder Mateusz Klich. A player Leeds like:

gessa

Post by gessa »

8ballali wrote:Dutch media claiming FC Twente have rejected a bid from #lufc for midfielder Mateusz Klich. A player Leeds like:

He tweeted earlier that he wants to come then removed it. May be some mileage in this one.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

It seems an earlier bids been rejected but Leeds are keen to land Klich an attacking midfield man , Polish international and joined from German club Kasierslautern.
Also played in Holland.
gessa

Post by gessa »

paddy parrott wrote:It seems an earlier bids been rejected but Leeds are keen to land Klich an attacking midfield man , Polish international and joined from German club Kasierslautern.
Also played in Holland.
Not sure but can't ever remember us having a Polish player at the club. Anyone know of one?
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

gessa wrote:Not sure but can't ever remember us having a Polish player at the club. Anyone know of one?
Only Eddie Grayski springs to mind.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Possible transfer target.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Yeah that's right mate , he's a brother too Frankie Grayskie .. what ever become o' them?
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

paddy parrott wrote:Yeah that's right mate , he's a brother too Frankie Grayskie .. what ever become o' them?
Silly season after all.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

rab_rant wrote:Possible transfer target.
Seems we are pretty keen, looks an exciting player but then sure he's not going to put his poor games, crosses, misses on YouTube :roflmao:

http://sportslens.com/leeds-united-keen ... ki/212693/
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ratscoot wrote:Seems we are pretty keen, looks an exciting player but then sure he's not going to put his poor games, crosses, misses on YouTube :roflmao:

http://sportslens.com/leeds-united-keen ... ki/212693/
Just trawled through 800 hours of footage from Sacko and managed to compile a 4 second youtube video of his good crosses and shots - admittedly though that 4 seconds did include replays too ;o)
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Aden Flint is a player I would want as a cut price replacement for Bartley.

Cathcart would also be a decent replacement for Bartley.

I would also go for Lafferty at the Wendies as a leftback come left winger as a straight replacement for Taylor.

Beyond that I would look at converting Dallas to a left back, and look to sign a couple of winger / forwards to play either side of Wood.

Add to that a dominant all round center mid and I think we would be looking very good for this season.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Just trawled through 800 hours of footage from Sacko and managed to compile a 4 second youtube video of his good crosses and shots - admittedly though that 4 seconds did include replays too ;o)
:roflmao:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mav wrote:Aden Flint is a player I would want as a cut price replacement for Bartley.

I would also go for Lafferty at the Wendies as a leftback come left winger as a straight replacement for Taylor.

Beyond that I would look at converting Dallas to a left back, and look to sign a couple of winger / forwards to play either side of Wood.

Add to that a dominant all round center mid and I think we would be looking very good for this season.
I can see quite a few foreign signings
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

1964white wrote:I can see quite a few foreign signings

So can I, but why would you buy British players when they offer such poor value?
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: RE: Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

Post by 8ballali »

mav wrote:Aden Flint is a player I would want as a cut price replacement for Bartley.

Two decent replacements for Bartley, but i don't think Lafferty is any better than Tyler Denton, or Berardi. So i'd save money by not buying him, in order to increase our spending power on other positions.
The players that we're rumoured to be after, all look decent. Makes a nice change.

mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

8ballali wrote:Two decent replacements for Bartley, but i don't think Lafferty is any better than Tyler Denton, or Berardi. So i'd save money by not buying him, in order to increase our spending power on other positions.
The players that we're rumoured to be after, all look decent. Makes a nice change.

Laff looks too good for L1, not sure I would say the same about Denton, yet.
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

People said things like that about some of our other inexperienced players before they got their chance. Taylor, Howson, Lewis Cook, Ronaldo Vierra, Johnny Howson, and lets face it, there are quite a few others.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis Coyle broke through this season too. As good as Ayling and Berardi are, those two young lads will be after their places.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I would like to see Coyle and Denton loaned out and playing regularly. Coyle definitely looks like a talent but he also has shown that he has mistakes in his game and these only get ironed out by playing, making the mistakes, learning from them and not making them again.
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

weasel wrote:I would like to see Coyle and Denton loaned out and playing regularly. Coyle definitely looks like a talent but he also has shown that he has mistakes in his game and these only get ironed out by playing, making the mistakes, learning from them and not making them again.
Loaning them out when they're younger is a good idea, but when they get close to the team, they will feel detached at another club. Give them their chance in the first team, and they get experience at the right level, not lower, get to know how their teammates play, feel like part of the team, and are much more likely to feel loyalty to the club, and manager for believing in them.