The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

Post by lufc1304 »

Just seen on one of the twitter football accounts that we have supposedly made an enquiry regarding Gayle at Newcastle. Would not be disappointed to see him come in, a proper predator. That said, he only comes alive around the box, so may not have the work ethic TC seems to like
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I can live with the attacking options now...we need a centre back badly
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:I can live with the attacking options now...we need a centre back badly
According to Phil Hay centre backs arent even being seriously looked at anymore :|
What happens if Pontus gets suspended again or Cooper suddenly forgets how to play cb (again). Then its a converted midfielder and a kid (highly rated) but all the same.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Oliveira looked at and decided against, can live with Lasogga talked myself round but he wants a Bundesliga move anyhow apparently
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:Just seen on one of the twitter football accounts that we have supposedly made an enquiry regarding Gayle at Newcastle. Would not be disappointed to see him come in, a proper predator. That said, he only comes alive around the box, so may not have the work ethic TC seems to like
Can't see him being in our wage structure, reportedly on £45K per week, think it's just a twit on twitter mate. Injury prone too.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote:Can't see him being in our wage structure, reportedly on £45K per week, think it's just a twit on twitter mate. Injury prone too.
Big money for the Championship, Ges, and if he's a sicknote, then he's not worth it. Decent striker, though
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:Big money for the Championship, Ges, and if he's a sicknote, then he's not worth it. Decent striker, though
Very decent mate and i think he'd fit in our system perfectly, wages would be the main issue i would think.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

1964white wrote:Jota will fit into the Fulham set-up like a hand in glove
Like this? :mrgreen:

RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Lasogga to Leeds on a season long loan is a done deal according to Hamburgs official Twitter feed .

Gayle is a non starter according to YEP
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

billie1 wrote:Lasogga to Leeds on a season long loan is a done deal according to Hamburgs official Twitter feed .
Wow !
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

On the train to that there London (again!) sure it's Costa, Sanchez, Van Dijk and Sterling all sat together in standard class sharing a Costa something about refusing to play unless they all get their dream move to Leeds :duno: or then again it could be 4 pissed up Geordies can't understand them either :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
abundegas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by abundegas »

billie1 wrote:Lasogga to Leeds on a season long loan is a done deal according to Hamburgs official Twitter feed .

Gayle is a non starter according to YEP
It seems that Hamburg jumped the gun on that. Last night's tweet deleted and YEP now saying deal close but not done. Apparently depends on agreeing what % of his £50k per week salary Hamburg will pay. YEP suggest Leeds looking for Hamburg to pay 75%.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... hirst-off/
https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... hirst-bid/
George Hirst linked, dont know much about him except his dads David Hirst and he has apparently been watched by Man U, Arsenal etc.
Sheffield Wednesday fans rate him highly
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Seems Pawel Cibicki is confirmed, photos leaked of him posing with shirt, squad number 22.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

See Leeds fans are taking the piss out of "respected journalist" on the YEP since he is out of touch with what is going on.
He is being asked the following questions?
Has Stuart Dallas completed his move from Brentford yet?
When will Radrizzani buy back Elland road?
Has Radrizzani completed his take over of Leeds?

Poor old Lee Seebot stepping in for Phil Hay who is on holiday taking a real ribbing over his reporting.
What other questions is he likely to be asked
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Interview.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

William Remy a defender from France... Naw can't be????

Leeds United are pushing to sign Montpellier defender William Remy, with Queens Park Rangers also keen according to L'Equipe.

It is claimed that while no offers have yet been made for Remy, interest from England has mounted over the past few hours.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

My honest opinion is go for a CB now and send Shaughnessy out on loan to a club that will play him as a defender - till Christmas.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.