The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

Post by The Subhuman »

First outright poor decision.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

First outright poor decision.
I agree - he was instrumental in our top six endeavours and he gets treated like that, unless he put a request in ??
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Would wait for it to be confirmed before really passing judgement as we have heard lots of unfounded rumours - but would be horrified at the though of Silvestre being our keeper if Felix got injured.

We don't at this moment know anything about Felix - he might be a very good keeper, after all he has been playing at a higher level than we are at. We also don't know the details of RG's contract extension which might have been very incremental. The hope is that TC has not done what Pep Guardiola did at City and decided to get a keeper in that is comfortable with the ball at his feet but unable to save any shots.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Liverpool have accepted an offer from Leeds to take Ryan Kent on a season-long loan,
according to a reliable journalist. BBC Humberside reporter Mike White claimed on his
personal Twitter account on Wednesday morning that the Whites, their Yorkshire rivals
Hull and an unknown club had their approaches green lighted by Liverpool. It is understood
that the onus is now on Kent, 20, to choose his next destination.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:Liverpool have accepted an offer from Leeds to take Ryan Kent on a season-long loan,
according to a reliable journalist. BBC Humberside reporter Mike White claimed on his
personal Twitter account on Wednesday morning that the Whites, their Yorkshire rivals
Hull and an unknown club had their approaches green lighted by Liverpool. It is understood
that the onus is now on Kent, 20, to choose his next destination.
Another midfielder to go with the other 82 :wink:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

faaip wrote:First outright poor decision.

Would be first outright poor decision, irrespective of whether he put in the request or not...We've not had a lot of luck with keepers since Nige..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd understand Kent if we were buying him, not understanding adding yet more depth on the wings with a season long loan
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:Another midfielder to go with the other 82 :wink:
He gave us a real roasting when he played for Barnsley last season
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

weasel wrote:Would wait for it to be confirmed before really passing judgement as we have heard lots of unfounded rumours - but would be horrified at the though of Silvestre being our keeper if Felix got injured.

We don't at this moment know anything about Felix - he might be a very good keeper, after all he has been playing at a higher level than we are at. We also don't know the details of RG's contract extension which might have been very incremental. The hope is that TC has not done what Pep Guardiola did at City and decided to get a keeper in that is comfortable with the ball at his feet but unable to save any shots.
That's the scenario I was thinking of in my post on the other thread, seems like the drawbacks far outweigh the benefits but who am I to question Pep :-D
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

whilst it's harsh on green after his great second half of the season last year, i think it makes sense if wiedwald is going to be number 1.

silvestri was ok when number 1, think he's more than adequate as back up. Green probably wants to play given he's only got a few years left and probably on decent wages too.

As for keepers since Martyn, we've had tonnes of great keepers - robinson, sullivan, ankergren, carson, schmeichel...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:He gave us a real roasting when he played for Barnsley last season
That's him, he certainly did cause havoc running rings round us with our players looking like they had been caught in the headlights

I remember saying to a mate "who the hell is that No.40"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote:whilst it's harsh on green after his great second half of the season last year, i think it makes sense if wiedwald is going to be number 1.

silvestri was ok when number 1, think he's more than adequate as back up. Green probably wants to play given he's only got a few years left and probably on decent wages too.

As for keepers since Martyn, we've had tonnes of great keepers - robinson, sullivan, ankergren, carson, schmeichel...

I remember people saying good riddance when Kasper left, Carson was better later, Sulli did a job, I didn't care when Akergren left. Robinson was good at times but could blunder badly iirc
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Silvestri on his way out, he's left Austria for Italy to talk to Verona where talks are at an advanced stage. Bailey Peacock Farrell is on his way to join the squad in Austria
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Adam Pope has Aden Flint and Joe Bryan getting closer according to journalists in the Bristol area.
That'd do me for signings
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Silvestri confirmed as gone. Hope Bailey Peacock-Farell gets his promotion and a run of cup games . Great prospect .
1 CB and 1 LB will make me very optimistic for this year.

ps of the sick note 6 only Doukara still remains. Karma is a bitch
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFC 1966 wrote:Silvestri confirmed as gone. Hope Bailey Peacock-Farell gets his promotion and a run of cup games . Great prospect .
1 CB and 1 LB will make me very optimistic for this year.

ps of the sick note 6 only Doukara still remains. Karma is a bitch
Welcome back '66 :tup:
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Post by Fordy181 »

we signed Adrian Balboa to the youth team hes a 19 year old striker, my mate who lives in spain says hes a goal scoring machine and set loads of records at youth level.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Fordy181 wrote:we signed Adrian Balboa to the youth team hes a 19 year old striker, my mate who lives in spain says hes a goal scoring machine and set loads of records at youth level.
Who we had him from Fordy
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fordy181 wrote:we signed Adrian Balboa to the youth team hes a 19 year old striker, my mate who lives in spain says hes a goal scoring machine and set loads of records at youth level.
Just mentioned his signing on today's breakfast thread

Another star for LUFC's future hopefully :-D
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Post by Fordy181 »

gessa wrote:Who we had him from Fordy
i think its a barca youth team affiliate