The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mav
First Team
First Team

Re: RE: Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

Post by mav »

8ballali wrote:Loaning them out when they're younger is a good idea, but when they get close to the team, they will feel detached at another club. Give them their chance in the first team, and they get experience at the right level, not lower, get to know how their teammates play, feel like part of the team, and are much more likely to feel loyalty to the club, and manager for believing in them.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Coyle is third choice right back, what does he gain staying with us?

Denton stays till we have at least one other left back at the club for me.

Neither one close to ready for me.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

Post by 60sUnited »

From what I have seen of Denton cant see him anywhere near the grade for this level of football.
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Only seen Denton play once, but he played very well, and scored a goal as well.
Given that Ayling covers at centre-back, and Berardi covers left-back and right-back, and Taylor looks like going, they both look reasonably close to their positions.
Also noticed that none of the players Leeds have been showing an interest in so far, are left-backs. Maybe Radz is happy with Berardi and Denton at left-back? I guess we have no way of knowing.

Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Mateusz Klich is having a medical so likely to be official this weekend

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-8611547
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Klich, 27 year old midfielder signed from Twente, anyone know about him ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

apparently pronounced Klix....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Phil Hay Retweeted

Lee Sobot @LeeSobotYEP

"I am more a creative midfielder but I am not afraid to fight" Mateusz Klich, asked what we can expect from him at #lufc

Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

The latest player to be linked is Samu Siaz . Fee being quoted is £3.5M . Currently plays for SD Huesca . A striker by all accounts who scored 12 goals in the Spanish second division last season .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Simple" Sammy Saiz ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

2 more names linked this morning

Sverrir Ingason, Icelandic CB.. both us and Huddersfield in for him

And Aard Van Peppen ... other than having a great name; he's on the wrong side of 30 and only just beat the drop in the Dutch league.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Well there seems to be money to spend and we seem to be going about things efficiently and professionally with a clear plan - early days but has the feel a management team who know what they want. Don't know anything about most of the players linked so have to trust their judgement but they do seem to be players attracting interest from multiple clubs.

Seen the links about £5m for Jonny as well - if the money is there I would be all for it, he's been just about Norwich's best player over the last three years, would be big influence for us in the middle of the park.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Charlie Taylor allegedly meant to be on his way to Burnley for £5M . No one else was prepared to pay that much rather than to risk a tribunal setting a fee . If that's true and with no disrespect to Burnley who seem to be a well run club , that's not exactly the dizzy heights . But he's got premiership football for a season at least . And a much bigger contract no doubt .
gessa

Post by gessa »

billie1 wrote:Charlie Taylor allegedly meant to be on his way to Burnley for £5M . No one else was prepared to pay that much rather than to risk a tribunal setting a fee . If that's true and with no disrespect to Burnley who seem to be a well run club , that's not exactly the dizzy heights . But he's got premiership football for a season at least . And a much bigger contract no doubt .

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=charl ... e&ie=UTF-8

His wiki page as him as a Burnley player, signing 1st July.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Jordan Botaka has signed a contract with Belgian side Sint-Truiden following his departure from Leeds United.

The winger was told his contract at Leeds was not being extended this summer and he has been looking for a new club at which to relaunch his career.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Serie A side Cagliari are set to submit an offer to Leeds United for defender Giuseppe Bellusci as they look to replace Bruno Alves.

Cagliari lost experienced centre-back Alves to Scottish giants Rangers earlier this summer and are now working hard to bring in a replacement.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Burnley Football Club and Leeds United’s Charlie Taylor have agreed personal terms according to the Burnley Express sports editor, Chris Boden.

Chris Boden tweeted “Believe Charlie Taylor will become a Claret as of his Leeds United contract expiring on July 1st, deal done” he then went on to put “The fee still to be agreed with Leeds, so still some way to go yet, but I’ve been told personal terms are done.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Charlie Taylor has reportedly agreed terms with Burnley – and Leeds United fans have taken to Twitter to express mixed verdicts.

The Mail claim that Taylor has settled the terms of contract with the Premier League club and is set to complete a transfer when his contract expires at Leeds on 1 July.

It is said that Burnley are close to beating West Brom to the signing of the left-back and will look to pay a fee of around £5million.

Leeds fans are mostly pleased at the prospect of their club receiving such a high sum for a player whose contract has just days to run, with many claiming the money should be reinvested to sign Elland Road academy product Jonny Howson from Norwich City.

Others point out that a transfer to Burnley would hardly have been the glamorous Premier League move that Taylor dreamt of when handing in a transfer request last August that was rejected.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well i see we don't have to put up with this fella next season :-D
Screenshot 2017-06-26 at 18.29.27.png
Gone to Watford for £8m
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Stephen Warnock leaves Wigan for Burton Albion
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

If we are getting £5m for Taylor, pay it to Norwich and bring Jonny home!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson