Tom Lees

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Post Reply
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2865
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Twitter: @pdezzy
Location: Cork Ireland

Tom Lees

Post by dezzy » Wed May 17, 2017 9:01 pm

How did we ever get rid of Tom Lees, stuck by him when he was young, learning his trade, them give him away for nothing!
Mabye a cheap buy back clause in the deal? Be a great partner for Pontus if we don't get Bartley back?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

User avatar
becchio bear
Queen of Quotes
Queen of Quotes
Posts: 16175
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Tom Lees

Post by becchio bear » Wed May 17, 2017 9:12 pm

This would be the same Tom Lees who just scored an own goal tonight in the play offs?? :bear:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 59447
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Tom Lees

Post by 1964white » Wed May 17, 2017 9:21 pm

dezzy wrote:How did we ever get rid of Tom Lees, stuck by him when he was young, learning his trade, them give him away for nothing!
Mabye a cheap buy back clause in the deal? Be a great partner for Pontus if we don't get Bartley back?
Pontus & Bartley are different class !

User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2865
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Twitter: @pdezzy
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: Tom Lees

Post by dezzy » Wed May 17, 2017 9:25 pm

becchio bear wrote:This would be the same Tom Lees who just scored an own goal tonight in the play offs?? :bear:
No the one who is in the play offs and part of a defence that conceded 45 goals this season.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2865
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Twitter: @pdezzy
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: Tom Lees

Post by dezzy » Wed May 17, 2017 9:27 pm

1964white wrote:Pontus & Bartley are different class !
Agreed, but will we get Bartley back, deserves a shot in the prem, so cards stacked against a return?
If that were the case, would lees be a good replacement, with surely a buy back clause was inserted in the deal
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 59447
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Tom Lees

Post by 1964white » Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 pm

dezzy wrote:Agreed, but will we get Bartley back, deserves a shot in the prem, so cards stacked against a return?
If that were the case, would lees be a good replacement, with surely a buy back clause was inserted in the deal
Had injury problems this season but if he recovers his Sheff Wed form Tom would be an asset to any club I suspect, doubtful the Owls will release him though !

User avatar
weasel
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6373
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: Tom Lees

Post by weasel » Thu May 18, 2017 11:12 am

Never understood the fuss about Tom Lees. Was poor for us and whenever I have seen him since he hasn't really done anything to impress me. A slight step up from Cooper but not as good as Bartley and Pontus.
Senor El Weasel

Post Reply