New Season Preparation

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

New Season Preparation

Post by 1964white »

These past 2 weeks I have been raking my brain trying to remember the last time we went into a season with a settled side, a pre announced return from holidays for the players, a off season personal player training program, a pre announced and organised preseason training camp location. All these thing I believe are extremely key how we are to preform during the coming season. So thinking back I had to go all the way back to the second season under David O'Leary that we had our last true full preparations for the new season.

Key things the clubs needs to announce to the fans:

1) Who is the Head Coach - Garry Monk contract signing (please)
2) What is the return to training date for the players (important)
3) What is the location of the pre-season training Camp (important as fans will come to support)
4) Who are pre-season games against (need tough opposition - maybe prepare a round robin Kappa Cup against other kappa sponsored sides)
5) Early new players signings.

The club needs to move itself and start making some positive announcements. Only then we'll we realise LUFC is approaching the new season in a positive professional fashion

Thoughts & Comments?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: New Season Preparation

Post by Ratscoot »

Key things the clubs needs to announce to the fans:[/b]

1) Who is the Head Coach - Garry Monk contract signing (please) A most
2) What is the return to training date for the players (important) Surely they know this
3) What is the location of the pre-season training Camp (important as fans will come to support) yes please
4) Who are pre-season games against (need tough opposition - maybe prepare a round robin Kappa Cup against other kappa sponsored sides) think this is a great idea with the final at Elland Road and we might win some silverware
5) Early new players signings. Pontus, Bartley, Stockdale early doors with more to follow please Defo would be nice 8-)
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
hector

Post by hector »

I'm preparing for the new season thus:...

loafing around a bit...

loafing a bit more,

followed by some serious loafing....

switch on the interweb for the 1st televised match...

(thought I would take the Hockaday approach.....)

:wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:I'm preparing for the new season thus:...

loafing around a bit...

loafing a bit more,

followed by some serious loafing....

switch on the interweb for the 1st televised match...

(thought I would take the Hockaday approach.....)

:wink:
Now what possessed me to wake up with my serious hat on this Saturday morning :wink:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote:Now what possessed me to wake up with my serious hat on this Saturday morning :wink:
:roflmao:

That'll teach you won't it Leon... :wink:

:mrgreen:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

At most clubs these plans are put in place as the previous season is coming to a close thereby allowing all concerned to know who's in charge, when they're due back and training plans etc this allows clubs players and staff to then have a few weeks away from it all to ready themselves for another campaign. The last thing you want is uncertainty going into preseason, let's hope Radz gets it right.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:At most clubs these plans are put in place as the previous season is coming to a close thereby allowing all concerned to know who's in charge, when they're due back and training plans etc this allows clubs players and staff to then have a few weeks away from it all to ready themselves for another campaign. The last thing you want is uncertainty going into preseason, let's hope Radz gets it right
I'll reserve judgement until I see some proof of the pudding
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote:I'll reserve judgement until I see some proof of the pudding
I should have emphasised "HOPE"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Definitely need to know who the manager is, need to get our work done early.

In terms of early signings, Kyle Bartley would be a good one, and make him captain.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:Definitely need to know who the manager is, need to get our work done early.

In terms of early signings, Kyle Bartley would be a good one, and make him captain.
Yes we need to retain the Bartley/Jansson partnership :tup:

Can't see Kyle getting many games at Swansea with the two CB's they have in place especially with young Alfie Mawson who looks a top class centre-back in the making imo, much better footballer than Bartley

The other scenario is another club could snap up Bartley after his impressive season at Leeds :(
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I do feel Bartley will want to stay at Leeds, he loves the adoration from the fans, knows Monk and Henandez plus the bromance going on with Luke Ayling. He'llalso be thinking he's guaranteed games and possibly captaincy and success.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

You get the feeling that if we get things moving early and the ownership sorted then GM signed up quickly after we could have a really positive close season, any delays will snowball and no doubt leave us scrabbling for signings just prior to season starting.....think a little while back Rad said deal would be done in a week to 10 days - be interesting to see if we hit that (or have already missed!)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:I do feel Bartley will want to stay at Leeds, he loves the adoration from the fans, knows Monk and Henandez plus the bromance going on with Luke Ayling. He'llalso be thinking he's guaranteed games and possibly captaincy and success.
I think you your assessment is right Rich, all down to Swansea & Leeds negotiating a deal to suit both parties

Bartley won't get many games if he remains at the Liberty stadium
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I don't see any deal with Monk being announced until after Rad takes over completely as until then it would have to have Rad and MC in full agreement over the length of the deal, salary etc. Also Rad wouldn't be able to make guarantees to Monk about investment in players until he was solely in charge as again it would take both owners to fully agree on money being spent. Hopefully Rad will complete the full takeover completely but I can see things dragging on if there are complications arising from GFH etc
gessa

Post by gessa »

Other than the hopeful announcement that Monk is manager, I expect very little else until after the 30th June. Especially with any free transfers or loans.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Pre season and Management should have been sorted weeks ago.
Just for once it would be great to see us make our main signings early this summer.