Teams coming down....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Teams coming down....

Post by 1964white »

After Spurs magnificent 1-6 victory at Leicester, they go one better today smashing the Codheads 1-7 at the KC Stadium :roflmao:

Middlesbro' are tanked 3-0 at Liverpool

Sunderland are murdered 5-1 at Chelsea

Bring 'em on :-D
1964white

Re: Teams coming down....

Post by 1964white »

I keep saying if we show ambition & make the correct decisions this summer

"Leeds are going up going up, Leeds are going up la la la la la la :sing:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We'll see 100M and parachute payments can price us out of a lot of players in this league. I don't think we'll be spending big unless we sell big and even then...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote:I keep saying if we show ambition & make the correct decisions this summer

"Leeds are going up going up, Leeds are going up la la la la la la :sing:
Agree give Monk the contract then money to spend on permanent signings not loans then all these years in the wilderness will end
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:We'll see 100M and parachute payments can price us out of a lot of players in this league. I don't think we'll be spending big unless we sell big and even then...
Didn't work for Villa or Norwich mate
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ratscoot wrote:Agree give Monk the contract then money to spend on permanent signings not loans then all these years in the wilderness will end
Last season - Loan signings that worked: Bartley, Jannson
Last season - Loan signings that didn't work: Grimes, Barrow
Last season - Loan signings that did okay: Sacko, Pedrazza

Last season - Permanent signings that worked: Green, Ayling
Last season - Permanent signings that didn't work: Antonnsen
Last season - Permanent signings that did okay: Roofe

I would say it was fairly much the same success rate whether it was loan or permanent signings. If you asked Huddersfield their best 3 signings were probably all loan signings. Likewise Bristol's in Tammy Abraham.

The key is to try to get loan deals with the option to buy - like we did with Jannson. MC usually only allows loan signings if we get the transfer clause but presumably made an exception with Bartley as Monk must have been desperate to get him and Swansea wouldn't allow us to have a transfer clause. It is a great way for us to do business as we haven't committed to buy and if the player does really well, like Jannson, we already have a fee agreed so the selling club cannot hold us to ransom (would imagine Torino would have demanded triple the transfer fee), and if the player does sh*te, like Barrow, we simply send them back and have only lost out on any loan fee we agreed to pay rather than the £ms a permanent deal would have cost.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Didn't work for Villa or Norwich mate

not yet, but they're still in a better position than us for next season
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:not yet, but they're still in a better position than us for next season
Norwich only lost one of their last six games to the in-form Fulham, should have beaten us tbh

Even with all their parachute monies I really don't fancy Sunderland, Boro or Hull. All three have managerial or owner problems which doesn't bode well for morale within the playing squad or their fans. right now Boro' are the more likeliest to be in the top six although I don't fear any of them. Our main dangers will come from clubs in the 2016/17 championship imo !
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

it does look like it could take a year or two for Sunderland to sort themselves out.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:Norwich only lost one of their last six games to the in-form Fulham, should have beaten us tbh

Even with all their parachute monies I really don't fancy Sunderland, Boro or Hull. All three have managerial or owner problems which doesn't bode well for morale within the playing squad or their fans. right now Boro' are the more likeliest to be in the top six although I don't fear any of them. Our main dangers will come from clubs in the 2016/17 championship imo !
Not a lot of optimism from the Canaries fans down here -no manager, just released a load of their higher earners and seemingly limited backing from Delia available, don't see Norwich spending big and gambling - if it doesn't come off then they will be in serious do do.

Villa could well put in a better challenge this season, seem to have got their act together after the relegation season fiasco and will have decent money to spend.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mav wrote:it does look like it could take a year or two for Sunderland to sort themselves out.
Hull are in a real mess too !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Not a lot of optimism from the Canaries fans down here -no manager, just released a load of their higher earners and seemingly limited backing from Delia available, don't see Norwich spending big and gambling - if it doesn't come off then they will be in serious do do.

Villa could well put in a better challenge this season, seem to have got their act together after the relegation season fiasco and will have decent money to spend.
Interesting to hear that NW

Really depends on who Delia employs as their new manager !

I really don't believe next seasons championship is as tough as 2016/17, you only have to look how many points Newcastle & Brighton accumulated. Even the play-off candidates all ended up with 80+ points
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

The opportunity is there for us, if we show ambition we will go up imo.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Gary Shaw wrote:The opportunity is there for us, if we show ambition we will go up imo.
Wot he said :scarf2:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Wot he said :scarf2:
:scarf1:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar