Monday Breakfast Debate - Monk/Taylor/Pontus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Monday Breakfast Debate - Monk/Taylor/Pontus

Post by 1964white »

Garry Monk is 11/8 favourite to take the vacant Managers job at Boro!!!

Monk is now well clear of his closest rival in the betting, with Giggs drifting to 4/1 and Pearson out to a relatively distant 6/1

Charlie Taylor is wanted by Galatasaray!!!!

Galatasaray's first choice Matthias Ostrzolek is unlikely to join the Turkish outfit as his club Hamburg performed heroics at the weekend keeping them in the Bundesliga.

Jansson has been speaking to the Swedish press

“The team has done well, so it’s clearly easier for me to do well personally. Playing for the national team has been a good personal development, absolutely. I built myself up in Italy but received dividends for it in England instead.

“Leeds are a fairly young team and maybe that showed close to the end and we slipped down in the final rounds, unfortunately. But it’s still a good year, Leeds got to its feet, got the fans back, and it’s a great atmosphere around the club. There have been many turbulent times. Now we start to build on something that maybe we were not ready this year, but hopefully next year.”

Thoughts
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Monday Breakfast Debate - Monk/Taylor/Pontus

Post by 1964white »

Tell me the bookies do get it wrong don't they ?

Charlie's actions have already riled the Leeds fans, a move to Galatasaray surely would be like rubbing sait in the wounds for the LUFC faithful

Pontus using his head talking sense with his comments as he does on the football pitch
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Garry Monk is 11/8 favourite to take the vacant Managers job at Boro!!!.

Sheridan was 1/6 with the bookies last year to become our manager. I think with the manager betting markets there is little money actually staked so the odds can change very quickly.

Charlie Taylor is wanted by Galatasaray!!!![/b]

Having already gone down in most fan's estimations you wouldn't expect him to make this move, especially as he is a local lad etc. Financially though a move abroad is a good move for him as we wouldn't get any transfer fee/compensation so Taylor would likely get a huge signing on fee. Fully expect his scumbag agent to be pushing for a move abroad.

Jansson has been speaking to the Swedish press

Jannson likes it here
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Saw the odds on GM to Boro - can't believe that will happen as long as any deal for ownership is done quickly and Rad has free rein to agree contracts etc. I imagine if they are close to completion there is some short term restriction on new deals. From what I've heard GM be quoted as saying since the end of the season much of it has been firmly along the lines of him thinking longer term about LUFC rather than merely saying"I'll wait and see what happens with the contract"

Along the same lines it's great to hear Pontus talking so positively about the rebuilding process at the club both on and off the field, such a senior player saying such positive things has a huge knock on effect.

I'm going to refrain from saying anything about the possibility of CT going to that lot :tdown:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I can't believe that Giggs would be next in line after Monk. What experience does have being the manager/coach. With his Man Utd connection, the fans will go bananas unless there is instant success. There is a lot of pressure being the Leeds' manager/coach, experience is required.

It Taylor does go to Galatasaray, any remaining goodwill that he has with the Leeds fans will die an instant death.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Bookies often get it wrong but I did have a weird dream last night that Alladyce was our manager next season, hopefully my dreams are wrong like the bookies are.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

HarryofOz wrote:I can't believe that Giggs would be next in line after Monk. What experience does have being the manager/coach. With his Man Utd connection, the fans will go bananas unless there is instant success. There is a lot of pressure being the Leeds' manager/coach, experience is required.
I think the Giggs odds were for the Boro job not the Leeds job.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Pardew fits the Boro job perfectly.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Monk- it's the perfect appointment for Middlesbrough from their point of view. Can Garry turn down the job if he is offered it? I would imagine he would be offered more money, would be able to work with a great chairman in Steve Gibson who always backs his managers in the transfer market and gives them time, plus comparing current squads I would say the Middlesbrough have a better squad on paper than us.
The other thing is, I doubt Garry would have to relocate either.
The problem now is even if we do offer Garry a new deal the Middlesbrough job offers far more certainty in many aspects than the Leeds job does right now imo , it's the clubs fault if they lose Monk now they have wasted time and shown Monk no respect for the job he has done up to now.

Charlie- Please please no just don't go there.

Pontus- Totally agree with what he has said there.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Monk going nowhere else, unless he wants to.

CT... as much as a doofus as he is, the Turkey connection is just made up.

Pontus.... Yes
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

weasel wrote:I think the Giggs odds were for the Boro job not the Leeds job.
Okay, thanks Weasel
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.