O'Kane in car crash

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

O'Kane in car crash

Post by 1964white »

Thankfully Eunan & Shane Duffy are okay

Ireland duo Shane Duffy and Eunan O'Kane will fly to New York with Martin O'Neill's squad tomorrow despite being involved in a three-car crash on the way to Dublin today.
Duffy and O'Kane were travelling from Derry this morning to join up with the rest of the Ireland team when O'Kane's jeep was written off in the accident. Both players emerged safe with minor bumps and bruises.

Duffy and O'Kane were named in O'Neill's final squad to travel to the Big Apple tomorrow for Thursday's friendly against Mexico.

Duffy's father, Brian, expressed his relief when he heard his son and O'Kane were safe.

"Believe me my heart missed a beat when Shane told me what happened," Brian wrote on Facebook.

"Frightening stuff - as my Nicole says life is too short. We thank God he is ok. Back is sore and very shaken up but he is still on his way to Dublin. He will be fine. He is one tough ticket.

"Jeep was a write off. He is a top lad and we are all behind him."

A statement from the FAI read: "We can confirm Shane Duffy and Eunan O'Kane were involved in a minor car crash en route to Republic of Ireland training camp today. The two players have now reported safely to the team hotel in Dublin."