May's bacon saved by the porridge hogs.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: May's bacon saved by the porridge hogs.

Post by lufc1304 »

Can't imagine a worse coalition/partnership than the tories and the DUP. The DUP are the most socially conservative (backward) party in Britain; anti-gay, anti-abortion, racist, climate change deniers, misogynistic religious zealots. May desperate to hold on to power, and will get into bed with anyone. Labour resurgent, and I personally think the credit lies squarely with JC who, despite being smeared mercilessly by the tory-owned press and the BBC and stabbed in the back repeatedly by his own MPs, got his message out there and people listened. Massive turnout of under 30s (72%), most of whom voted Labour, there is hope for us all yet.

P.S the delicious irony of Labour taking Kensington, where that despicable rag the Daily Mail has its offices, continues to make me laugh!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote:Can't imagine a worse coalition/partnership than the tories and the DUP. The DUP are the most socially conservative (backward) party in Britain; anti-gay, anti-abortion, racist, climate change deniers, misogynistic religious zealots. May desperate to hold on to power, and will get into bed with anyone. Labour resurgent, and I personally think the credit lies squarely with JC who, despite being smeared mercilessly by the tory-owned press and the BBC and stabbed in the back repeatedly by his own MPs, got his message out there and people listened. Massive turnout of under 30s (72%), most of whom voted Labour, there is hope for us all yet.

P.S the delicious irony of Labour taking Kensington, where that despicable rag the Daily Mail has its offices, continues to make me laugh!!!
Nick.....Arlene Foster for Energy Minister ?? :wink: :wink:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Ronan wrote:Nick.....Arlene Foster for Energy Minister ?? :wink: :wink:
Hahahahahaa, perfect!!! :roflmao: :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

The more I read about the DUP , the worse it gets. An awful group of philistines.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote:The more I read about the DUP , the worse it gets. An awful group of philistines.
They are Victorian in attitude, Ges, a horrible party. And what May has done shows how little she cares about NI, the irony of which shouldn't be lost, but will be, on the ultra pro-union DUP. Talks about devolved govt from Stormont are now doomed, imo, with one side propping up Westminster, whose SofS is supposed to be neutral. Bleak times ahead for all of us in the north
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:They are Victorian in attitude, Ges, a horrible party. And what May has done shows how little she cares about NI, the irony of which shouldn't be lost, but will be, on the ultra pro-union DUP. Talks about devolved govt from Stormont are now doomed, imo, with one side propping up Westminster, whose SofS is supposed to be neutral. Bleak times ahead for all of us in the north

That was my worry earlier in the thread, how can Westminster remain neutral.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

lufc1304 wrote:They are Victorian in attitude, Ges, a horrible party. And what May has done shows how little she cares about NI, the irony of which shouldn't be lost, but will be, on the ultra pro-union DUP. Talks about devolved govt from Stormont are now doomed, imo, with one side propping up Westminster, whose SofS is supposed to be neutral. Bleak times ahead for all of us in the north
Yes , someone who wants to cling on to power regardless of who she is in league with , still , as she says the tories /May are the best for stability in this country - she says herself so it must be true :-D .
I'm glad others have picked up on he DUP as I heard similar this morning on radio and thought what the hell are we getting into , a party so reactive and regressive , it doesn't bear thinking about that they now have a good deal of influence in how this country is run , make no bones about it , they have 10 members in parliament who can swing decisions , and will want something for themselves along the way , they aren't doing this out of kindness , ultimately there's a price to pay , and May will no doubt be concessionary to them if it means her clinging on .
Very worrying times indeed , people were worried about Corbyn , he's nothing compared to DUP , if anything Corbyn is one of the few to come out of this election with any credit , Theresa May certainly hasn't .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote:Can't imagine a worse coalition/partnership than the tories and the DUP. The DUP are the most socially conservative (backward) party in Britain; anti-gay, anti-abortion, racist, climate change deniers, misogynistic religious zealots. May desperate to hold on to power, and will get into bed with anyone. Labour resurgent, and I personally think the credit lies squarely with JC who, despite being smeared mercilessly by the tory-owned press and the BBC and stabbed in the back repeatedly by his own MPs, got his message out there and people listened. Massive turnout of under 30s (72%), most of whom voted Labour, there is hope for us all yet.

you just described Donald Trump
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Get into bed with anyone??
Ermmm I'm not doing much tonight ermmm do
You know where she lives
hector

Post by hector »

Looks like the DUP have made their first demand......

2017-06-11_16-19_downing street with red.jpg
2017-06-11_16-19_downing street with red.jpg (54.05 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
hector

Post by hector »

The Conservative Union Negotioting Team are gonna have to come up with a catchy acronym when they go over to Brussells.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Clacton White wrote:Yes , someone who wants to cling on to power regardless of who she is in league with , still , as she says the tories /May are the best for stability in this country - she says herself so it must be true :-D .
I'm glad others have picked up on he DUP as I heard similar this morning on radio and thought what the hell are we getting into , a party so reactive and regressive , it doesn't bear thinking about that they now have a good deal of influence in how this country is run , make no bones about it , they have 10 members in parliament who can swing decisions , and will want something for themselves along the way , they aren't doing this out of kindness , ultimately there's a price to pay , and May will no doubt be concessionary to them if it means her clinging on .
Very worrying times indeed , people were worried about Corbyn , he's nothing compared to DUP , if anything Corbyn is one of the few to come out of this election with any credit , Theresa May certainly hasn't .
Really? Bad enough that the Tories need to join up with the DUP but Corbyn is deluded enough to say he wants to form a minority government, for that to happen he would have to join up with the SNP, Plaid Cymru, Greens, Independent which would get him to 303 seats still woefully short of the magic number. Lib Dems have said they won't join anyone, Sinn Fein won't take up their seats ....... but he's coming out with some credit :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:Really? Bad enough that the Tories need to join up with the DUP but Corbyn is deluded enough to say he wants to form a minority government, for that to happen he would have to join up with the SNP, Plaid Cymru, Greens, Independent which would get him to 303 seats still woefully short of the magic number. Lib Dems have said they won't join anyone, Sinn Fein won't take up their seats ....... but he's coming out with some credit :roll: :bear:
By the reaction of the media & electorate you'd think Corbyn had won the election :shock:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

1964white wrote:By the reaction of the media & electorate you'd think Corbyn had won the election :shock:
No one has...roll on the next 2017 General Election Pantomime :mrgreen:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......