Footie Quiz Round 15

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Footie Quiz Round 4

Post by gessa »

rich_leeds64 wrote:8). Could it be Zlatan Ibrahimovic as he's mid 30s now and joined "them" in 2016??

Not him Rich
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

gessa wrote:Correct Leon.
:-D :-D :-D

One of the worst holders, grabbers, pushers, shovers that I have seen.
Hated him.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Googled number 11.
I would never have got it.
Villa and ???
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

10. Villa?
gessa

Post by gessa »

BobHirst wrote:10. Villa?
Not Villa Bob
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Not him Paddy. ..One from the vault there mate.
Ges are you sure Burridge wasn't the oldest player to make his debut in the premiership as Paddy first posted up? That was the answer I had in mind....I know he was in his early 40's when he played for either Man City or Newcastle. If not I'm absolutely stumped on that one !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Doing my utmost to go through these in numerical order although I fear No.8 maybe wrong

I have narrowed No.10 down to three less fashionable clubs as the likes of Chelsea, Scum, Citeh, Arsenal & Celtic have all come unstuck to achieve this feat

So I'm guessing it is one of these three clubs :

Aberdeen, Dundee United or Ipswich Town who all had their moment in the European Cup

Leeds could have achieved this feat in 1975 semi-final when we beat them at ER 2-1 but then drew 1-1 at the Nou Camp which sent us through to the robbery of that year v Bayern Munich
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

11. Villa and Norwich.

I also thought that John Burridge would have been the oldest player to play in the Prem.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:11. Villa and Norwich.

I also thought that John Burridge would have been the oldest player to play in the Prem.
So that's three of us Gandi

Ges must have a joker in the pack up his sleeve :wink:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gandalf wrote:11. Villa and Norwich.

Villa , Norwich are correct.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ok, just gone back to the question and the place I got the questions from is still giving me the same answer, on looking into it, the answer is wrong, Burridge is the correct answer. The only thing i can think of is that the question was incomplete, it may should have read, who is the oldest outfield player to make is debut, but I can't find anything to collaborate the answer to this.

So in essence, Paddy is correct with Burridge. :tup:
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote:So that's three of us Gandi

Ges must have a joker in the pack up his sleeve :wink:
I think "debut" is the key word in the question. I think that Burridge was goalkeeper coach at Man City, and played a couple of games when they had an injury crisis. However, he had previously played in the Prem for Newcastle when he was younger. :duno:
gessa

Re: Footie Quiz Round 3

Post by gessa »

Round 4

1) Which British Club has won the European Cup more times than its own league? Notts Forest
2) Which is the team in the English & Scottish leagues that has the longest name?Inverness Caledonian Thistle
3) Who is the only player to score a hat-trick in the Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2, the League Cup, the FA Cup and for his country? Robert Earnshaw
4) Which player has played in the North London, Merseyside, Manchester derbies, has won the Premiership, FA Cup, Champions League and European Championship? Nicolas Anelka
5) What was used in the 1973 FA Cup Final and never used again? An Orange ball
6) Who has played in The Premiership, Divisions 1, 2 & 3, The Conference, The Champions League and the UEFA cup? Steve Finnan
7) 3 Players share the record for the most own goals in Premier League history? Richard Dunne, and Frank Sinclair are two, who's the third?
8) Who is the oldest player to debut in the premiership? John Burridge
9) Only 1 team in the English & Scottish leagues does not contain any of the letters from the word FOOTBALL. Which one?Dundee
10) Which is the only British team to have a 100% record against Barcelona home and away in Europe?
11) Which two teams came second and third in the first ever Premiership league? Villa NorwichCity
12) Who were the youngest & oldest members of England's 1966 World Cup winning squad?Alan Ball Ray Wilson
13) Why did India withdraw from the World Cup in 1950?Weren't allowed to play barefoot
14) What were Gillingham fans searched for in 1996? Celery
15) Defeat to which team in October 2014 ended Spain's 36-match unbeaten run in World Cup and EURO qualifying fixtures?
16) Name the only player born before 1960 to score a Premier League hat-trick? Gordon Strachan
17) Who play at the following grounds - Nene Park - The Cherry Red Records Stadium - LCI Rail Stadium a) Rushton & Diamonds b) AFC Wimbledon c) still to get
18) How many times did Johan Cryuff win the Ballon d'Or as Europe's best player? Three times
19) Who scored the only goal when Portugal beat France to win Euro 2016?
20) After some good displays in the 1994 World Cup, which Premier League team did American Cobi Jones sign for, where he spent one season? Coventry City

Remember answer 1 at a time please, then give someone a chance to play before rejoining
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Ok, just gone back to the question and the place I got the questions from is still giving me the same answer, on looking into it, the answer is wrong, Burridge is the correct answer. The only thing i can think of is that the question was incomplete, it may should have read, who is the oldest outfield player to make is debut, but I can't find anything to collaborate the answer to this.

So in essence, Paddy is correct with Burridge. :tup:
Well done Paddy :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote:Doing my utmost to go through these in numerical order although I fear No.8 maybe wrong

I have narrowed No.10 down to three less fashionable clubs as the likes of Chelsea, Scum, Citeh, Arsenal & Celtic have all come unstuck to achieve this feat

So I'm guessing it is one of these three clubs :

Aberdeen, Dundee United or Ipswich Town who all had their moment in the European Cup

Leeds could have achieved this feat in 1975 semi-final when we beat them at ER 2-1 but then drew 1-1 at the Nou Camp which sent us through to the robbery of that year v Bayern Munich
I'm going for Dundee United as the answer for No.10
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

8!.I have ended up googling the Burnley player and it was Graham Alexander . On Wiki at least he seems to be credited as the oldest player to make a premiership debut

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Alexander
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

No 19 Quaresma I think scored.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

17c. Cheltenham
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:I'm going for Dundee United as the answer for No.10
And you'd be correct. :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

billie1 wrote:8!.I have ended up googling the Burnley player and it was Graham Alexander . On Wiki at least he seems to be credited as the oldest player to make a premiership debut

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Alexander
Burridge was 43.