France v England

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

France v England

Post by 1964white »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40168358

Video assistant referee will be used

Tuesday's match will be the first senior England fixture with a video assistant referee.

The use of VARs is being trialled by world governing body Fifa and could feature in next year's World Cup.

Italian Davide Massa will referee the match, with two conventional assistant referees plus compatriots Marco Guida and Massimiliano Irrati providing television support.

The VARs can be used to review the following:

Goals where there may have been a violation or offside missed during the build-up
Penalty decisions
Red cards
Mistaken identity
Massa will officiate as normal but there will be recourse to utilise technology, initiated either by the VAR or by the referee, who can call for a review process by outlining a square with his hands.

VAR was used in the friendly between France and Spain in March - with both key decisions going against the French.

Antoine Griezmann had a goal ruled out for offside and Spain's Gerard Deulofeu had a goal awarded after an incorrect offside decisio
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: France v England

Post by whiteswan »

I'm well in favour of video refs 64. We have it in Rugby, Cricket and tennis and it works brilliantly. It always seems ridiculous to me that the sport in the UK that has the most money at stake, managers jobs at stake, don't have the video ref. Bring it on I say :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:I'm well in favour of video refs 64. We have it in Rugby, Cricket and tennis and it works brilliantly. It always seems ridiculous to me that the sport in the UK that has the most money at stake, managers jobs at stake, don't have the video ref. Bring it on I say :-D
Couldn't agree more Swan :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Watching this game on the telly

&

Yorks v Surrey on my laptop

Who says us men can't multi-task :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Watching this game on the telly

&

Yorks v Surrey on my laptop

Who says us men can't multi-task :lol:
Me too. Switching backwards and forwards between the two. yorkshire so disappointing. For me, the last few overs we bowled gave the game to Surrey. Very very poor bowling from Yorkshire. That said, how on earth can we be expected to compete when our best players are not available....it's so wrong! No Root, Bairstow, Plucknett and Rashid! Not a happy Yorkshire fan.... :rant:
hector

Post by hector »

At the risk of sounding "interested" in watching paint dry.... sorry.... cricket.

Why are the best players not available?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:At the risk of sounding "interested" in watching paint dry.... sorry.... cricket.

Why are the best players not available?
Our best players are contracted to England for much of the season Hector

So for the game v Somerset :

We had four players on international duty.
Two regulars out injured
And Tim Bresnan was missing due to his wife was having a baby

Amazingly we won the match just !
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40168358

Video assistant referee will be used

Tuesday's match will be the first senior England fixture with a video assistant referee.

The use of VARs is being trialled by world governing body Fifa and could feature in next year's World Cup.

Italian Davide Massa will referee the match, with two conventional assistant referees plus compatriots Marco Guida and Massimiliano Irrati providing television support.

The VARs can be used to review the following:

Goals where there may have been a violation or offside missed during the build-up
Penalty decisions
Red cards
Mistaken identity
Massa will officiate as normal but there will be recourse to utilise technology, initiated either by the VAR or by the referee, who can call for a review process by outlining a square with his hands.

VAR was used in the friendly between France and Spain in March - with both key decisions going against the French.

Antoine Griezmann had a goal ruled out for offside and Spain's Gerard Deulofeu had a goal awarded after an incorrect offside decisio
We started to use VARs close to the end of the A-League season. They corrected a few initially incorrect decisions but didn't impede the flow of the game - they worked a treat. In relation to offside decisions and goals, the VAR could also advise on an incorrect offside ruling that would have disallowed a goal.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.