London Tower Block Fire

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: London Tower Block Fire

Post by 1964white »

barryanorak wrote:This is the world we live in. The fire was still burning when attempts were being made to gain political capital out of this.

Disgraceful.
Prime Ministers & the Royal Family often visit the scene of disaster as is generally the case

Corbyn is the one trying to score points
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

May visited the scene but refused to speak to residents. They're obviously beneath her
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:May visited the scene but refused to speak to residents. They're obviously beneath her
She visited the injured people/kids in the hospitals this morning Nick

Difficult sad times right now, wrong to blame our new PM for the cause of this horrible incident

Local councils/safety officers & other authorites plus building contractors have a lot to answer for !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Queen & Prince William were at the scene this morning
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:She visited the injured people/kids in the hospitals this morning Nick

Difficult sad times right now, wrong to blame our new PM for the cause of this horrible incident

Local councils/safety officers & other authorites plus building contractors have a lot to answer for !
I suspect she was shamed into it after the furore she caused yesterday by not speaking to survivors.

Agree there are some difficult questions for a lot of different bodies to answer, and that could go as high as government. Already there have been suggestions that corners were cut due to a lack of funding. Residents in Grenfel first reported concerns in 2006, concerns that were never adequately addressed. A tragedy waiting to happen :(
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I think the British people should wait for the results of the public enquiry before blaming anyone or anything. No one knows what caused this awful tragedy or what might have been done to prevent/slow down the fire. There does seem to be a lot of disgraceful point scoring going on with our politicians. As for Theresa May, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't at the moment, seen as an easy target by those who want her out.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:I suspect she was shamed into it after the furore she caused yesterday by not speaking to survivors.

Agree there are some difficult questions for a lot of different bodies to answer, and that could go as high as government. Already there have been suggestions that corners were cut due to a lack of funding. Residents in Grenfel first reported concerns in 2006, concerns that were never adequately addressed. A tragedy waiting to happen :(
Possibly Nick although May has more on her plate than the other ministers & the Royal family. She spent time with the firefighters yesterday, was coordinating meetings promting a full investigation & implementing measures/actions to help the local community/residents who have lost their homes & loved ones !
I see the leader of the House Of Commons Andrea Leadsome was talking to the residents today
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:I think the British people should wait for the results of the public enquiry before blaming anyone or anything. No one knows what caused this awful tragedy or what might have been done to prevent/slow down the fire. There does seem to be a lot of disgraceful point scoring going on with our politicians. As for Theresa May, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't at the moment, seen as an easy target by those who want her out
The media are having a field day with her right now Swan
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

1964white wrote:The media are having a field day with her right now Swan
It isn't May's fault....it's the selfish society's ......this would not have happened up the road in posh Kensington !!! :rant:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Ronan wrote:It isn't May's fault....it's the selfish society's ......this would not have happened up the road in posh Kensington !!! :rant:
I think it happened because of posh Kensington residents not wanting to have to look at the ugly tower block! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

becchio bear wrote:I think it happened because of posh Kensington residents not wanting to have to look at the ugly tower block! :bear:
I read that too, posh tw*ts demanding something be done about 'that awful eyesore'. Shocking, but endemic of the society we live in
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I see the yob brigade are out on the streets of West London

Violence & aggression resolves nothing !
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:I see the yob brigade are out on the streets of West London

Rent a mob, most of that lot will have absolutely nothing to do with the tragedy! :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:Rent a mob, most of that lot will have absolutely nothing to do with the tragedy! :bear:
Bloody students looking for a fight !

We all know this tradegy should never have occurred but anger/aggression is not the way forward
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote:I see the yob brigade are out on the streets of West London

the great unwashed take to the streets urged on by militant labour , where were they when bombs were going off in Manchester and people getting stabbed to death in London , very wrong to try and score political points from this .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

beer belly bert wrote:the great unwashed take to the streets urged on by militant labour , where were they when bombs were going off in Manchester and people getting stabbed to death in London , very wrong to try and score political points from this .
You really are a prat
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Ronan wrote:You really are a prat
He really isn't, Ronan. The victims of the bombings and stabbings have behaved with far more dignity and their cause hasn't been hijacked by the left. :bear:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

becchio bear wrote:He really isn't, Ronan. The victims of the bombings and stabbings have behaved with far more dignity and their cause hasn't been hijacked by the left. :bear:
Yep he is...this is a sick selfish society and i want nothing of it...where has all the humanity gone ?

I despair :(
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Ronan wrote:Yep he is
nope, sorry got to disagree spuddy! How are you anyway, keeping well? :bear:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Ronan wrote:You really are a prat
if having different views to you makes me a prat then I can live with that
what I wont do is argue with an idiot who does not like other peoples opinions because then I become as bitter and stupid as you
don't bother replying
have a nice day
:mrgreen:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter