Thursday's Breakfast Debate....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Thursday's Breakfast Debate....

Post by 1964white »

Good Morning Everyone

Andrea Radrizzani has had enough time (IMO) to find a successor for Garry Monk!

Monk quit on the 25th May; it is now 15th June. I believe that is more than adequate to search the market place, speak to your board, draw up a short list and interview!

Agree or not?
1964white

Re: Thursday's Breakfast Debate....

Post by 1964white »

If I was a Michelin Star restaurant owner & my two main chefs had done a bunk the business would have gone bust had they waited so long to employ a top cordon bleu chef.

As a self-employed man by ensuring my business remains safe I don't take more than one weeks holiday at any given time. So much different in football when they have already grabbed season-ticket monies from the hardcore support three months before the season starts. These business people need to work in cizzy street, the real world !
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Agree
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Manager to be announced today. RD playing his cards close to his chest.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Radz has just tweeted its White smoke day and thanks fans for their patience saying there will be an announcement later today..... At last
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: RE: Re: Thursday's Breakfast Debate....

Post by Rex deWolf »

1964white wrote:If I was a Michelin Star restaurant owner & my two main chefs had done a bunk the business would have gone bust had they waited so long to employ a top cordon bleu chef.

As a self-employed man by ensuring my business remains safe I don't take more than one weeks holiday at any given time. So much different in football when they have already grabbed season-ticket monies from the hardcore support three months before the season starts. These business people need to work in cizzy street, the real world !
Agree, can see him appointing someone from within on a temporary basis. He has got the people he wants in the boardroom and did this quite quickly. The best available managers are being picked up. Need to get a move on.

Ex Southampton manager a possibility?

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Radz has just tweeted its White smoke day and thanks fans for their patience saying there will be an announcement later today..... At last
Wow !

Now lets hope & pray it's someone capable of taking us up to the next level Rich

I'm at a funeral this afternoon plus on the road for a while so it looks like I'll miss out on the exciting news :(
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'd rather it took longer as so to get the right man in. Can't wait forever I know but better than making a rash decision.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote:I'd rather it took longer as so to get the right man in. Can't wait forever I know but better than making a rash decision.
Or if you wait too long, you miss out on the right man because he gets a job elsewhere. Taking your time, doesn't necessarily mean doing it right.

Anyway we will supposedly find out later who it is going to be.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I'd rather it took longer as so to get the right man in. Can't wait forever I know but better than making a rash decision.
It shouldn't be a rash decision

There are managers out there whom Leeds should be considering for the post

A shrewd management board would know exactly the man they require for the job & go get him not sit on a fence deliberating on a decision
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

White smoke day eh !!!
Hope its not pope benedict xxv111
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:It shouldn't be a rash decision

There are managers out there whom Leeds should be considering for the post

A shrewd management board would know exactly the man they require for the job & go get him not sit on a fence deliberating on a decision
The thing is though, the club have kept this all very much in house very little info coming out. So we don't know if they have offered the job but been turned down, apparently the man we wanted is at another club and refused us permission to talk to him. As much as we don't like it the Leeds job isn't the major attraction it once was, so it is likely a much more difficult job to get the right man who is available.
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote:Or if you wait too long, you miss out on the right man because he gets a job elsewhere. Taking your time, doesn't necessarily mean doing it right.

Anyway we will supposedly find out later who it is going to be.
No matter how long it takes you never know if you have got the right man for the job I agree, but I'm hoping that they have bided their time so to get the best available.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Accord To Phil Hay it's ex Barcelona striker Thomas Christiansen who will be named today . Has been managing APOEL in Cyprus who have chosen not to renew his contract after losing the Cypriot cup final . Also got to the last 16 of the Europa League this year . It's also being reported on Sky now
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

Never heard of him. Hope Radrizzani knows something that no one else knows.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Rex deWolf wrote:Never heard of him. Hope Radrizzani knows something that no one else knows.

Well he should know a lot more than us fans.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well thank god that's over.....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Wow !

Now lets hope & pray it's someone capable of taking us up to the next level Rich

I'm at a funeral this afternoon plus on the road for a while so it looks like I'll miss out on the exciting news :(

Between us we seem to go to a lot of funerals, hope it wasn't someone too close and condolences anyway
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Between us we seem to go to a lot of funerals, hope it wasn't someone too close and condolences anyway
A ex-client who became a good friend, he was a gentleman right to the end of his illness, some people thought he was a grumpy old man but that was part of his wonderful sense of humour. We had a lot in common as his love for Leeds United & Yorkshire Cricket Club was mentioned in the service. RIP to P

Have another funeral possibly next week as another client/friend passed away on Tuesday morning.
I will miss my glass of Guinness, talking football & putting the world to rights with him. RIP T

All very sad !

Thanks mate :tup: