John Terry anyone?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

John Terry anyone?

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

Just reading an article about John Terry.

Chances are he will stay in the Premiership but what about us? Any takers?
gessa

Re: John Terry anyone?

Post by gessa »

As a player yes... If he comes down to the Championship it will be with Harry at Brum, a manager he knows and an easy commute to the Smoke.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

No thanks, a classless w**ker who is done, even at championship level
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

:pig: Aye defo for me.
The bulk of our shopping is at poundland & home bargains these days JT would be this weeks STAR BUY.
Hell he could even bring one of his harrods bags.if he sighned he could also shag a couple of the wags
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

think of the other players wives , think of the traffic around Thorpe arch as all the players try to get home from training before john terry arrives :roflmao:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

No thanks
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

No way . Classless as already stated .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Not for me

We need to look to the future if we are to progress, not signing ageing players past their sell-by-date

After saying that Terry could probably do a job in the championship

We need another Pontus :luv:

I expect a European CB to be signed up in the next few weeks, probably Scandinavian or Spanish
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

As a person - NO .
As a footballer - don't know , could he adapt to the championship style of play , I daresay he could and should and maybe a few of the youngsters would learn a bit from him . Maybe in terms of him coming as a player with a view to manage , esp if it doesn't work out with Christiansen ....but having said that even if he did it that way , LUFC would no doubt be a stepping stone to bigger and better things.
On the whole a big fat NO . I think Craig Bellamy summed him up rather well once .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiCa89Xofug
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Craig Bellamy........pot kettle black.!!!!!

:roflmao:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

liggy wrote:Craig Bellamy........pot kettle black.!!!!!

:roflmao:
That was the irony at the time - I thought if Craig Bellamy of all people was going on about JT like that , just how bad is JT .
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

No chance, not financially or tactically
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

That was the irony at the time - I thought if Craig Bellamy of all people was going on about JT like that , just how bad is JT .

I dread to think clackers, :pig:
JT was mostly exemplary on the pitch tho & that's where it counts no.
It won't happen but I think he would be good for the younguns at the club..
Bellamy is a dick on & off the pitch .
JT would be to high profile for our new boss cat TC
But Anyhoo we're looking at an Albanian player ffs.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

HE would play one game, get injured, and then appear in the team photo when we get promoted
and proclaim that he won the championship for us. :roflmao:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

liggy wrote: But Anyhoo we're looking at an Albanian player ffs.
I don't know why people keep knocking the quality of certain foreign leagues/players. TC was managing in Cyprus and immediately people knock the league yet he guided the team into the last 16 of the Europa League - does anyone really think that Leeds could have reached the last 16?

There are great players to be found all over the world no matter how good the national team is. George Best for example was part of a very average Northern Ireland team and similarly for many years the likes of Ian Rush and Mark Hughes would play for a welsh national team where other players would be 3rd or 4th division players. Lucas Radebe was hardly a household name when we signed him and similarly who would have thought that a 25/26 year old Australian playing in the Australian league would have been bought by Man City, loaned to Huddersfield for a year and then bought for £10m yet if we'd have signed Aaron Moy directly from his Australian team people would have immediately wrote him off.

This is the reason we have now got a scouting network in place. We aren't in a position to go buying premier league players for £10m and have to try to unearth hiddem gems in whatever team or country they are playing. Hopefully by having this network it means we can find more Beckfords, Snodgrasses, Radebes etc and less of the DaCostas and Sorsas.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

weasel wrote:
I don't know why people keep knocking the quality of certain foreign leagues/players. TC was managing in Cyprus and immediately people knock the league yet he guided the team into the last 16 of the Europa League - does anyone really think that Leeds could have reached the last 16?

There are great players to be found all over the world no matter how good the national team is. George Best for example was part of a very average Northern Ireland team and similarly for many years the likes of Ian Rush and Mark Hughes would play for a welsh national team where other players would be 3rd or 4th division players. Lucas Radebe was hardly a household name when we signed him and similarly who would have thought that a 25/26 year old Australian playing in the Australian league would have been bought by Man City, loaned to Huddersfield for a year and then bought for £10m yet if we'd have signed Aaron Moy directly from his Australian team people would have immediately wrote him off.

This is the reason we have now got a scouting network in place. We aren't in a position to go buying premier league players for £10m and have to try to unearth hiddem gems in whatever team or country they are playing. Hopefully by having this network it means we can find more Beckfords, Snodgrasses, Radebes etc and less of the DaCostas and Sorsas.
Good post, weasel. Again, like with the manager situation, there needs to be some realism as to whom we can attract or afford. When not awash with oligarch money, clubs need a decent scouting network and that's what AR seems to be putting in place. Who knows what it might unearth in terms of talent? Players, like coaches/managers, need to be given a chance; we are, collectively, ridiculously swift to pan anyone that isn't a household name or cost a 7 figure sum!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Weasel no doubt you can unearth the odd jem.
But are they any better than the young english talent..
My nephew ( beanpole )was released from nufc & was pushing trolleys around asda before darlo give him a break
He plays centre half for wigan athletic.and was mom against leeds
.also easier said than done but southampton are
A great example
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The main difference would be price when buying english talent. £1m for non-league Vardy being an example. Take any english player and find the equivalent in say Albania and you would probably be paying 1/10th of the fee.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

f**k no.

Lets keep scum out of Leeds Utd please.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

weasel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:35 am

liggy wrote:
But Anyhoo we're looking at an Albanian player ffs.

100% weasel