Thursday's Breakfast Debate....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Thursday's Breakfast Debate....

Post by 1964white »

Good Morning Everyone

6 weeks today until our new season starts!!!

Does anyone else think its a little strange that our pre-season is yet to be announced?

Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP
"Will be a few late returns to pre-season: Chris Wood is at Confederations Cup with NZ in Russia, O'Kane and Jansson get married this week"

Blimey, I know Leeds are a close unit but for O'Kane and Jansson to get married :lol:

The above have been given special dispensation to arrive late for pre season. (as has Chris Wood who's been on International duty with the All Whites).
The rest of United’s players are scheduled to be back at Thorp Arch for initial testing tomorrow ahead of the start of fitness training on Monday morning.

Boro have confirmed that Beattie and Flahavan have joined Monk at the Riverside. LUFC fitness coach Sean Rush has also followed. They join Ryan Needs, our old Head of Performance Analysis.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Thursday's Breakfast Debate....

Post by NorfolkWhite »

"O'Kane and Jansson get married this week"

Well I didn't see that one working out :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thought our pre-season was weak last season & it showed in our opening games
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So Monk had a right good go at trying to rape us of all and sundry, four weeks ago it was announced that Sean Rush was staying, now he's legged it to Boro as well. It is pretty damning that Pep decided against continuing with Monk, which gives the impression that during the blown run in last season there were some differences of opinion. Bartley will no doubt be Monk's next signing
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

LOL that's the problem with having to keep tweets to a maximum of 144 characters.

Oh Pontus Jansson he wore a wedding band

And when guests threw the rice at him it landed in the sand

We blinked our eyes in wonder, and then blinked them again

For Phil Hay has just told us that he's married to O'Kane
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:LOL that's the problem with having to keep tweets to a maximum of 144 characters.

Oh Pontus Jansson he wore a wedding band

And when guests threw the rice at him it landed in the sand

We blinked our eyes in wonder, and then blinked them again

For Phil Hay has just told us that he's married to O'Kane
:roflmao:

Oh Pontus Jansson magic..... :sing:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

6 weeks today until our new season starts!!!

Does anyone else think its a little strange that our pre-season is yet to be announced?

I would have thought/hoped that plans are in place but that things haven't been announced yet. Even at this late stage I would have thought it should be at the very least possible to organise a better pre-season than last year where we hardly played any matches and I feel this led to our disjointed start to the season. The lack of a proper pre-season may also have led to us running out of stamina towards the end of the season too.

Boro have confirmed that Beattie and Flahavan have joined Monk at the Riverside. LUFC fitness coach Sean Rush has also followed. They join Ryan Needs, our old Head of Performance Analysis.

Probably for the best that they have all left and AR can bring his own people in throughout the club. The Monk/Clotet fall out combined with the woeful end of season would suggest that something happened at some point. I wonder at what date had Monk provisionally accepted the Boro job (I alluded in a previous posting that I feel Monk was offered the job a long time ago which is why Boro only appointed a caretaker manager) and did he then tell Clotet who was shocked and this led to a fall-out which affected the team.
gessa

Post by gessa »

You would think pre season would be arranged by now, I'm sure the club said a week or so ago that the final preparations were almost done. I know they cancelled a game we were playing at Nuneaton, which would suggest a tour abroad somewhere. Last seasons was a farce, which was why we were so flat at the start of the season.

Not a surprise they've all left, managers get a backroom staff they feel comfortable with and like to stick with them, TC will bring his own. I hope Pep doesn't go with Monk, we may then see who was the main force of the two. I hope Monk falls flat on his face and fails badly.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Pre-season plans unveiled - 6 matches, 1 at home, tour of Austria

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-8612863
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

weasel wrote:Pre-season plans unveiled - 6 matches, 1 at home, tour of Austria

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-8612863
According to Phil Hay they're trying to arrange another game between the Austria trip and Oxford match. Barring Borussia the rest of the opposition looks weak
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

[quote] rich_leeds64 wrote:

According to Phil Hay they're trying to arrange another game between the Austria trip and Oxford match. Barring Borussia the rest of the opposition looks weak[/quote]

True but I was beginning to wonder at the lack of news so anything's a start Rich.