Taylor confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Taylor confirmed

Post by danhirons »

I'd be very surprised if this money is money that has not already been spent - bar perhaps a new cheap ish left back.

We've already spent around 10 million this season (God knows how as we don't seem particularly stronger just with a lot more midfielders)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Taylor confirmed

Post by weasel »

danhirons wrote:I'd be very surprised if this money is money that has not already been spent - bar perhaps a new cheap ish left back.

We've already spent around 10 million this season (God knows how as we don't seem particularly stronger just with a lot more midfielders)
Hard to say we aren't particularly stronger/weaker as we haven't really seen a first XI yet or us play in a proper match. We are definitely at this point weaker defensively but midfield should be stronger and looks to carry more of a goal threat. Yes Bartley is a big loss but don't forget how poor we were defensively at the start of last season, prior to Jannson's arrival, Jannson for me has been the key signing this summer as if we had to make only one of our 2 defensive loan signings permanent then PJ was the one. Whether PJ now befalls the loan to buy curse will be key to our chances of success. It may even be that as the premiership clubs get nearer the start of their seasons that a decent centreback becomes available on loan and we get him.