Friday's Breakfast Debate - Anita/Ikeme/Wed fans

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Friday's Breakfast Debate - Anita/Ikeme/Wed fans

Post by 1964white »

Dutch international midfielder Vurnon Anita has penned a 3 year deal at Elland Road to become TC's 6th signing this summer. The 28 year old former Ajax/Newcastle defensive midfielder/full-back will add experience to the Leeds squad.

Who will he be replacing or is he a squad addition?

Owls fans churping once again about our new signing :bird:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/ ... /?page=218

Are they correct or just envious of our new acquisition ?

Wolves‏Verified account@Wolves 14h14 hours ago
It is with great sadness that Wolves are today announcing that Carl Ikeme has been diagnosed with acute leukaemia.

I'm sure we all wish him well!
1964white

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate - Anita/Ikeme/Wed fans

Post by 1964white »

Newcastle fans reckon we've signed a decent player

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/892864314?-11130:816:0
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Geordie fans' comments suggest we've got a good one, but how many DMs do we actually need???
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Most comments seem positive, played plenty of games in a championship winning team - don't know too much about him but seems a relatively low risk acquisition given he arrives on a free with that sort of pedigree and experience of football in England. Liked the comment from one Geordie that he was a good solid honest pro who always gave 100%.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Most comments seem positive, played plenty of games in a championship winning team - don't know too much about him but seems a relatively low risk acquisition given he arrives on a free with that sort of pedigree and experience of football in England. Liked the comment from one Geordie that he was a good solid honest pro who always gave 100%
If that is the case Leeds fans will appreciate him
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I feel it's a good move, he can cover a number of positions, always gives 100%, is very quick, experienced in this league and more to the point was involved in winning it, plus if we'd paid £2million for him it would have looked a good deal but better still we got him for nothing bonus in my humble opinion
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote:I feel it's a good move, he can cover a number of positions, always gives 100%, is very quick, experienced in this league and more to the point was involved in winning it, plus if we'd paid £2million for him it would have looked a good deal but better still we got him for nothing bonus in my humble opinion
Where's Hector with his ditto :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

Ratscoot wrote:I feel it's a good move, he can cover a number of positions, always gives 100%, is very quick, experienced in this league and more to the point was involved in winning it, plus if we'd paid £2million for him it would have looked a good deal but better still we got him for nothing bonus in my humble opinion

Ditto

:mrgreen:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

hector wrote:Ditto

:mrgreen:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Dutch international midfielder Vurnon Anita has penned a 3 year deal at Elland Road to become TC's 6th signing this summer. The 28 year old former Ajax/Newcastle defensive midfielder/full-back will add experience to the Leeds squad.

Who will he be replacing or is he a squad addition?

Owls fans churping once again about our new signing :bird:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/ ... /?page=218

Are they correct or just envious of our new acquisition ?

Wolves‏Verified account@Wolves 14h14 hours ago
It is with great sadness that Wolves are today announcing that Carl Ikeme has been diagnosed with acute leukaemia.

I'm sure we all wish him well!
I'm happy with what I've been reading from Newcastle fans, have no interest what Wednesday fans have to say. Like the fact he is able to play 3 positions even though his 2 strongest are ones we are already well covered , I'm guessing he is here to play CM as he had stated that is where he wants to play and would go to a team who would play him there.

Best wishes to Karl Ikeme.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

It's good to see Vurn getting to a big club in his career finally with Leeds. Should be a very useful player for the Championship.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011