MOT Competitions 2017/18 - LEEDS SCORE & LAST MAN STANDING In Running

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
liggy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 am

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby liggy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:33 pm

moggie never afraid to go into battle mode,,, LIGGY will look after the pigeon zone.

User avatar
Haighy
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 am

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby Haighy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:39 pm

:lol: I'm in...all 4. :duno: :lol:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53295
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby 1964white » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Haighy wrote::lol: I'm in...all 4. :duno: :lol:


Good man :tup:

User avatar
hector
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2412
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury
Contact:

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby hector » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:38 am

I enjoyed getting it wrong first round every time in LMS,

occasionally enter the Leeds results and scorer and get that wrong...

But don't follow any other teams enough to guess the score in 6 matches, and as for guess the crowd.......

numbers over 10 make me dizzy.....
"A "ditto" a day, keeps the Leon at bay..... :-D "

User avatar
hector
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2412
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury
Contact:

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby hector » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:39 am

So when I remember I will do LMS and Leeds score.
"A "ditto" a day, keeps the Leon at bay..... :-D "

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53295
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:03 am

liggy wrote:moggie never afraid to go into battle mode,,, LIGGY will look after the pigeon zone.


Does that mean your in liggy ? these comps will never be same again :roflmao:

Norm
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3439
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby Norm » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:13 am

1964white wrote:

Would a pm be any help Norm ?

It might but I don't expect you to do that Leon. That's an extra chore that you don't need.
For the first few weeks I'll give myself an alarm on my phone the day before a forecast is due.

btw I did put myself down for all 4 comps, not just the crowd.

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby NorfolkWhite » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:36 am

My footie prediction skills are notoriously hopeless - so why not, count me in for all 4 :tup:

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 15250
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby gessa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:49 am

NorfolkWhite wrote:My footie prediction skills are notoriously hopeless - so why not, count me in for all 4 :tup:



You should fit in perfectly then mate. :-D

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53295
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:56 am

NorfolkWhite wrote:My footie prediction skills are notoriously hopeless - so why not, count me in for all 4 :tup:


All about bit of luck mate, could do with one of the new kids on the block winning one of the contests. You'll be okay as long as you play regularly :tup:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53295
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:58 am

Norm wrote:It might but I don't expect you to do that Leon. That's an extra chore that you don't need.
For the first few weeks I'll give myself an alarm on my phone the day before a forecast is due.

btw I did put myself down for all 4 comps, not just the crowd.


Cheers Norm, I am a busy man.

Just about getting into a routine :tup:

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby NorfolkWhite » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:08 am

1964white wrote:All about bit of luck mate, could do with one of the new kids on the block winning one of the contests. You'll be okay as long as you play regularly :tup:


Just a thought about the prediction comps - and not wishing to make work for anyone :shock: What about an LUFC end of season finish prediction comp, would be a one off entry (so easy to play) entries completed before first game predicting finishing position, total W/D/L (for total points) and GF/GA? Should make it clear who the optimists and pessimists are amongst us :-D

Nearest finish position wins
If 2 or more guess right - nearest points
If tied again GD
If still tied nearest number of wins - then draws
If it's still a tie GF - then GA
If it's still a tie ......... it's a tie :-D

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53295
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 am

NorfolkWhite wrote:Just a thought about the prediction comps - and not wishing to make work for anyone :shock: What about an LUFC end of season finish prediction comp, would be a one off entry (so easy to play) entries completed before first game predicting finishing position, total W/D/L (for total points) and GF/GA? Should make it clear who the optimists and pessimists are amongst us :-D

Nearest finish position wins
If 2 or more guess right - nearest points
If tied again GD
If still tied nearest number of wins - then draws
If it's still a tie GF - then GA
If it's still a tie ......... it's a tie :-D


Sounds good Norfolk :tup:

Would you like to run it mate ?

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby NorfolkWhite » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:16 am

I thought that post was almost volunteering :)

Yep - I'll kick something off a couple of weeks before season to give people a chance to see who we sign!

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53295
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:56 pm

NorfolkWhite wrote:I thought that post was almost volunteering :)

Yep - I'll kick something off a couple of weeks before season to give people a chance to see who we sign!


Nice one !

I'm sure most of our regular players will have a go :tup:

User avatar
Crude
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7455
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Twitter: crudos
Location: 'Merica

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby Crude » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:07 pm

I'll give it another whirl. Thanks!
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011

Leeds United Americas (LUA)

You can take the Leeds out of the top flight but you'll never take the top flight out of Leeds.
—Dom Matteo

User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1291
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby Oscar » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:08 pm

1964white wrote:Competition players so far !

Great response considering this thread was only posted up yesterday :clap:

Leeds Correct Score/Scorers

Ges, Haighy, Hector, John, leedsalex, liggy, Mrs 64, Norfolk, Norm, Rich, 64, 60'sUnited 1304

Predict 6

Ges, Haighy, John, leedsalex, liggy, Mrs 64, Norm, Norfolk, Rich, 64, 60'sUnited, 1304

Last Man Standing

Ges, Haighy, Hector, John, leedsalex, liggy, Mrs 64, Norm. Norfolk, Rich, 64, 60'sUnited 1304

Guess The Crowd

Ges, Haighy, John, leedsalex, liggy, Norm, Rich, Mrs 64, Norfolk, Rich, 64, 60'sUnited,1304



Count me in for all 4 mate :tup:

Also Leon do you remember that top scorers game I came up with for the Euro's last summer? I'm more than happy to start and run a competition like that if you want me to? During the Euro's I was really unexpectedly busy so never got the chance to properly run it :(
I will post it up tonight if you reckon it is a good idea for this season?
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53295
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Crude wrote:I'll give it another whirl. Thanks!



All four comps Dan ?

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53295
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Gary Shaw wrote:Count me in for all 4 mate :tup:

Also Leon do you remember that top scorers game I came up with for the Euro's last summer? I'm more than happy to start and run a competition like that if you want me to? During the Euro's I was really unexpectedly busy so never got the chance to properly run it :(
I will post it up tonight if you reckon it is a good idea for this season?


Thanks Oscar

By all means post up your idea, We can always test the water mate

I'll definitely need someone to run the 2018 World Cup competition next summer so keep that one in mind if you are up for it Oscar

User avatar
BobHirst
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: MOT Competitions 2017/18

Postby BobHirst » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:18 am

I'll do my usual 2. LMS and P6.


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: becchio bear, faaip, Gandalf, Ronan and 59 guests