the scotsmans out

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Norm
Manager
Manager

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby Norm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:07 am

In the days before Cyclops and then Hawkeye, tennis was a bit like football - everybody criticised the ref (umpire) when decisions didn't go their way and the ref was always the culprit, but it was (and still is) all we had. Now, the VAR is increasingly being used in football, but everything still relies on the referee's decision being law, and sometimes they get it wrong. Those two needed, a long time ago, to have accepted the umpire's decision and get over it. You watch Federer, and I've seen him query a decision, but then, even if he doesn't like the result, he just gets on with play. He doesn't puff up and snarl his objections - he is professional and gets on with the game. Those 2 were allowed to make a mockery of the umpires decision time and again and that decision was never going to change, whoever was right or wrong. Stop the unpleasantness, the umpire's decision is final, shut your mouth and get on with play. Simply accept that the official in charge has ruled against you and that is the end of it. Those 2 couldn't accept that and that's why I say they should have been banned for a period.

whiteswan
First Team
First Team

Postby whiteswan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:15 am

Norm wrote:At their best they were sublime but, like 'em as much as you want lads (and I understand that), there was no excuse for their tantrums. All it needed was a 1-year ban and they wouldn't have behaved like that again. Then we could all have liked them.

I didn't like McEnroe when he played but I think he's a brilliant pundit. I was in love with Born Borg :luv:

Norm
Manager
Manager

Postby Norm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:35 pm

whiteswan wrote:

I didn't like McEnroe when he played but I think he's a brilliant pundit. I was in love with Born Borg :luv:

...who also didn't grunt, shriek or abuse the officials

Clacton White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Clacton White » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:14 pm

faaip wrote:no idea what a Kyrgios is tbh

A form of Greek kebab ?
Glad Murray is out though . Can't stand the dullard .

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Clacton White wrote:A form of Greek kebab ?
Glad Murray is out though . Can't stand the dullard .

You do realise CW there are millions of tennis fans will tell you we should support him because he's British :roll:

Funny how divided fans are when it comes to Murray :|

Return to “General Chat”