the scotsmans out

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
beer belly bert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 am
Location: bottom of a glass

the scotsmans out

Postby beer belly bert » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:14 pm

The Scotsman , 30, led by a set and a break but lost 12 of the last 14 games as he appeared to struggle physically.
Querrey, 29, won 3-6 6-4 6-7 (4-7) 6-1 6-1 to become the first American to reach a Grand Slam semi-final since Andy Roddick at Wimbledon in 2009.
Second seed Djokovic, who plays Tomas Berdych later on Wednesday, needs to win the title to return to the top of the rankings.
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby whiteswan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:19 pm

beer belly bert wrote:The Scotsman , 30, led by a set and a break but lost 12 of the last 14 games as he appeared to struggle physically.
Querrey, 29, won 3-6 6-4 6-7 (4-7) 6-1 6-1 to become the first American to reach a Grand Slam semi-final since Andy Roddick at Wimbledon in 2009.
Second seed Djokovic, who plays Tomas Berdych later on Wednesday, needs to win the title to return to the top of the rankings.

Just watched it Bert. I don't think Murray has been fully fit this Wimbledon and it really showed today. Good luck to Querrey, I think it's his first grand slam semi final. I don't like Djokovic so I'll be rooting for Roger to win the title :-D

User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5841
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby lufc1304 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:25 pm

Can't say I'm disappointed, as I'm not a Murray fan and it'll piss his ma off!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18258
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby faaip » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:32 pm

The Aussie is still in though
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Need , Janssen, Need, Bridcutt, Vierra, Gianni , Klitch, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Anita - Antonsson - Sacko - Weidwald - Dallas - Saiz

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52024
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby 1964white » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Missed it as I was winning playing my sport :victory:

Lovely afternoon in Flamborough

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby whiteswan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:11 pm

1964white wrote:
Lovely afternoon in Flamborough

Love Flamborough 64. My Nan and Grandad had a holiday bungalow nestled into the cliffs, ( there were five of them) overlooking Silex Bay. We all went every school holiday. If I had a pound for every time I ran up and down those steps I'd be very rich :lol: The bungalows were removed in 1980, by which time my Nan and Grandad had moved permanently to a bungalow in Flamborough village, on the side of the road, left hand side just after the crossroads on the road to the lighthouse. In 2004 we took our first houndie Josh to Flamborough. We stood at the top of the steps that go down to the beach wondering how we would get him down. Mr Swan picked him up and proceeded slowly down, and suddenly slipped on the very steep and sandy steps....Swan landed on his backside but Josh just got up and legged it down the steps...I had my heart in my mouth I can tell you.....they are some steps....( sorry Bert if I've hijacked your topic, but you can blame 64 for mentioning Flamborough :-D )

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby whiteswan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:13 pm

1964white wrote:Missed it as I was winning playing my sport :victory:


Glad you had a winning afternoon 64 :tup:

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby whiteswan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:13 pm

faaip wrote:The Aussie is still in though

Kyrgios went out day one faaip :wink:

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby whiteswan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:15 pm

The Scotsman isn't the only one....the Djoker has just retired injured

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18258
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby faaip » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:16 pm

no idea what a Kyrgios is tbh
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Need , Janssen, Need, Bridcutt, Vierra, Gianni , Klitch, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Anita - Antonsson - Sacko - Weidwald - Dallas - Saiz

User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11629
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby HarryofOz » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:11 am

Querry was always in with a chance with Murray being injured, especially if it went to five sets. But when Murray won the third (in the wee hours of the morning here in Oz) I went to bed thinking he'd go on to win it.

I have a friend who bet on Muller to beat Nadal and Querry to beat Murray. But sorry to disappoint you as he will not be able to provide you with next week's lottery numbers as he also bet on Dimitrov to win the tittle. ;)
We're going up like there is no gravity!

Norm
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby Norm » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:07 am

HarryofOz wrote:

.................................................. he also bet on Dimitrov to win thetittle. ;)


Would that be the DD or the EE H? To quote BB, "PHWOARR!"

User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11629
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby HarryofOz » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:18 am

Norm wrote:Would that be the DD or the EE H? To quote BB, "PHWOARR!"


LOL
We're going up like there is no gravity!

liggy
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 am
Location: Blyth

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby liggy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:28 am

faaip wrote:no idea what a Kyrgios is tbh

You need to get out more mate :roll:
Get one every Friday night after a skinfull from Nicky the Greeks takeaway

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52024
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby 1964white » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:02 pm

whiteswan wrote:Love Flamborough 64. My Nan and Grandad had a holiday bungalow nestled into the cliffs, ( there were five of them) overlooking Silex Bay. We all went every school holiday. If I had a pound for every time I ran up and down those steps I'd be very rich :lol: The bungalows were removed in 1980, by which time my Nan and Grandad had moved permanently to a bungalow in Flamborough village, on the side of the road, left hand side just after the crossroads on the road to the lighthouse. In 2004 we took our first houndie Josh to Flamborough. We stood at the top of the steps that go down to the beach wondering how we would get him down. Mr Swan picked him up and proceeded slowly down, and suddenly slipped on the very steep and sandy steps....Swan landed on his backside but Josh just got up and legged it down the steps...I had my heart in my mouth I can tell you.....they are some steps....( sorry Bert if I've hijacked your topic, but you can blame 64 for mentioning Flamborough :-D )


Nice story Swan :tup:

Flamborough is beautiful as is much of East & North Yorkshire.

I feel privileged to live in such a lovely area.

I could never go back to living in a city/town especially after over 30 years in rural spots

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby whiteswan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 am

faaip wrote:no idea what a Kyrgios is tbh

Kyrgios is an Australian tennis player faaip. He has a very bad reputation for being childish and petulant on the tennis court. He retired injured from Wimbledon on day one

Norm
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby Norm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:16 am

whiteswan wrote:

Kyrgios is an Australian tennis player faaip. He has a very bad reputation for being childish and petulant on the tennis court. He retired injured from Wimbledon on day one


So did Nasty and McEnroe Swan. I've not seen Kyrgios but it sounds like he should be treated like they both should have been. Both of them should have been sanctioned at the height of their infamy.
I don't care how talented they were, their attitudes were, at times, atrocious. Both should have been banned immediately for the current and next Wimbledons. Make an example of the mean-spirited and egregious twots and they wouldn't have had half the problems the next time they were allowed to compete.

User avatar
hector
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2270
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury
Contact:

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby hector » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:08 am

Ditto :mrgreen:


although to be fair.... I did like Nasty..... :shock:
"A "ditto" a day, keeps the Leon at bay..... :-D "

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18258
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby faaip » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:02 am

and I was and still am a fan of McEnroes play...second best player I ever saw
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Need , Janssen, Need, Bridcutt, Vierra, Gianni , Klitch, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Anita - Antonsson - Sacko - Weidwald - Dallas - Saiz

Norm
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: the scotsmans out

Postby Norm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:20 am

At their best they were sublime but, like 'em as much as you want lads (and I understand that), there was no excuse for their tantrums. All it needed was a 1-year ban and they wouldn't have behaved like that again. Then we could all have liked them.


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: billie1, Gandalf, Gary Shaw, gessa, herefordbornleedsboy, NorfolkWhite, rich_leeds64 and 52 guests