He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53363
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:38 am

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/893780554?-11130:816:0

Unlike Kyle Bartley who'll probably bog off & play for his mate Monk face with the rest of the smoggies

I'll doubt he'll cut the mustard in the prem so we'll see

You're missing out on a roller-coaster treat not coming back to Leeds big man !

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby NorfolkWhite » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:44 am

Saw this on Twitter yesterday - the big man looks in good shape, hopefully benefited from structured pre-season with a real purpose ahead of the coming challenges.

p.s. love the salute that we'll see plenty of times on Sky 8-)

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53363
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 am

NorfolkWhite wrote:Saw this on Twitter yesterday - the big man looks in good shape, hopefully benefited from structured pre-season with a real purpose ahead of the coming challenges.

p.s. love the salute that we'll see plenty of times on Sky 8-)


I would make him captain especially as Pontus & Wood are the only certain starters right now, although Jansson will miss the first two games

We'll find out the nucleus of our first XI in our final friendly i reckon

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby NorfolkWhite » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:55 am

1964white wrote:I would make him captain especially as Pontus & Wood are the only certain starters right now, although Jansson will miss the first two games

We'll find out the nucleus of our first XI in our final friendly i reckon


Only other candidate for me, if he's still here and in plans, is Green - but if he has a couple of mares his spot will be under threat so yep Jansson for me as well :scarf2:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53363
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:12 am

NorfolkWhite wrote:Only other candidate for me, if he's still here and in plans, is Green - but if he has a couple of mares his spot will be under threat so yep Jansson for me as well :scarf2:


I suspect Bridcutt will remain captain if TC sees him as a starter

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby NorfolkWhite » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:16 am

1964white wrote:I suspect Bridcutt will remain captain if TC sees him as a starter


Bridcutt going to have to step it up from last season, will be a real dog fight for starting spots in that MF and I'm not sure he will be a guaranteed starter

User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby lufc1304 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:24 am

1964white wrote:http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/893780554?-11130:816:0

Unlike Kyle Bartley who'll probably bog off & play for his mate Monk face with the rest of the smoggies

I'll doubt he'll cut the mustard in the prem so we'll see

You're missing out on a roller-coaster treat not coming back to Leeds big man !


Is there any substance to this, Leon, or just supposition? For all we know, AR and the team are negotiating with Bartley; with this new regime, there's no fanfare, they get on with it and make announcements when there something concrete to be said.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:19 pm
Twitter: @richard67293755

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby Fordy181 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:00 am

1964white wrote:I suspect Bridcutt will remain captain if TC sees him as a starter


I think Green will leave because every interview i have read about the new manger suggests he wants to play out from the back starting with the keeper and Felix has already spoken about he is confident with his feet. and with it been Greens last few years he will not stick around i dont think.

And i dont think Bridcutt will be considered a starter ahead of klitch and the boy from Newcastle. Especially not after a few games.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53363
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:04 am

NorfolkWhite wrote:Bridcutt going to have to step it up from last season, will be a real dog fight for starting spots in that MF and I'm not sure he will be a guaranteed starter


Yes he was poor last season although he did miss pre-season & suffered injuries so his fitness probably told on him. I can't see him starting tbh

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53363
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:13 am

lufc1304 wrote:Is there any substance to this, Leon, or just supposition? For all we know, AR and the team are negotiating with Bartley; with this new regime, there's no fanfare, they get on with it and make announcements when there something concrete to be said.


Suppostion Nick.

I have a feeling Radz & his team have considered Bartley & the cost of bringing him to ER however I suspect we are looking elsewhere in Europe for a new CB.

Norm
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3468
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby Norm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:17 am

Am I alone in seeing Berardi as a guaranteed starter, either at LB or RB?
Surely our fierce and talented Swiss is a shoo-in?

User avatar
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:19 pm
Twitter: @richard67293755

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby Fordy181 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:20 am

Norm wrote:Am I alone in seeing Berardi as a guaranteed starter, either at LB or RB?
Surely our fierce and talented Swiss is a shoo-in?



i think he will start the season at left back.

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18880
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby faaip » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:21 am

I'm not so sure, I think my favourite player gets left on the shelf this season unless injury strikes.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18880
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby faaip » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:23 am

Basically we have no clue where any of these players fit in TC's plans, not sure he does yet
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

Norm
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3468
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby Norm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 am

Really faaip - surely Berardi's class has to have shone through?
Although I suppose we don't know what's on TC's mind but such a magnificent player should not be ignored.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53363
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:30 am

faaip wrote:Basically we have no clue where any of these players fit in TC's plans, not sure he does yet


Indeed Faaip, we won't know until the opening game, even then he may have to tinker with his favoured XI

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53363
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:33 am

faaip wrote:I'm not so sure, I think my favourite player gets left on the shelf this season unless injury strikes.


I hope not, I strongly admire him too, always have done even when many of the ex-MOT'ers we laying into him during Gaetano's first season at Leeds

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18880
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby faaip » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:47 am

Norm wrote:Really faaip - surely Berardi's class has to have shone through?
Although I suppose we don't know what's on TC's mind but such a magnificent player should not be ignored.



I don't think he's attack minded enough, I could argue he's our best defender but Ayling replaced him last season at RB and now Anita has arrived. Left back is not his natural position and that showed a little back end of last season.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53363
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:56 am

faaip wrote:I don't think he's attack minded enough, I could argue he's our best defender but Ayling replaced him last season at RB and now Anita has arrived. Left back is not his natural position and that showed a little back end of last season.


Point is we have much more attacking options available to us now so does Berardi need to bomb forward as much ? I know TC love attacking full-backs so it is quite conceivable that Ayling & one other will fill the full-back roles.

I reckon Anita is our new main defensive midfielder

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18880
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Postby faaip » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 am

I'm hoping a fit Bridcutt beats him out. I think he's too small to play DMF
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beer belly bert, gessa, Norm, rab_rant and 57 guests