Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53286
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:00 am

Good Morning everyone

The Leeds squad fly out later today continuing their pre season tour

They will however be leaving behind Diagouraga and Erwin who have both been released by the club.

Their places on the plane will be taken by Saiz and Alioski after both players signed four year contracts at the club.

A lot has been written already about Saiz, BUT Alioski is also held in the highest regard.

Surely the likes of Saiz & Alioski are a upgrade on Diagouraga & Erwin ?

It may have slipped under the radar, but Leeds also completed the signing of Alex Machuca yesterday. The 19yo winger/attacking midfielder has signed from Rayo Vallecano & will go straight into our youth system.

Its good to see TC investing in stars of the future ?

Surely, what we need to see now is some strengthening in our defence!

Is Cooper good enough to start alongside Jansson ?

Who should play right back ?

Anita, Berardi or Ayling ??

We are a quandary with the left back position too !

As it stands would you rather see Felix or Green in goal ?

All yours folks

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18794
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Postby faaip » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:13 am

Green in goal and personally I'd like to see the best defender at right back which would be Beradi, plus he's earned it as the best player at the club over the last three years.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Beradi, Borthwick-Jackson, Janssen, Pennington, O'Kane, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

Ayling - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Klich

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18794
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Postby faaip » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:14 am

Cooper is good enough depth to play CB4 but nowhere near good enough to start week in week out
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Beradi, Borthwick-Jackson, Janssen, Pennington, O'Kane, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

Ayling - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Klich

User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5993
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Postby lufc1304 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:20 am

What faaip said!

Erwin and Dave are no loss, imo, particularly Erwin who should never have been bought in the first place.

Forgive my ignorance, but is Alioski really held in the highest regard? I'd never heard of him until we were linked with him.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:19 pm
Twitter: @richard67293755

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Postby Fordy181 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:19 am

I wouldn't be upset with Berardi at right back or Ayling at CB. But i have a feeling that Berardi will start the season at left back esp if we sign the young left back from man u.

Felix will defiantly start in goal imo.

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18794
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Postby faaip » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:53 am

lufc1304 wrote:What faaip said!

Erwin and Dave are no loss, imo, particularly Erwin who should never have been bought in the first place.

Forgive my ignorance, but is Alioski really held in the highest regard? I'd never heard of him until we were linked with him.



He's played for Schaffhausen and Lugano in the Swiss league...not too sure that's the greatest pedigree
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Beradi, Borthwick-Jackson, Janssen, Pennington, O'Kane, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

Ayling - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Klich

danhirons
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 549
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Postby danhirons » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:06 am

Wiedwald surely going to be number 1 at the start of the season or else signing him makes absolutely no sense when we already have silvestri as an adequate back up. I also can't see him coming to leeds and taking a step down in division to just sit on the bench.

Berardi also clearly going to be left back, ayling right back. Berardi has shown how capable he is at left back and it would be a waste to play ayling at centre back or on the bench since he was one of our most consistent players last season. Bring in a new centre back to play with jansson.

Anita bridcutt and Vieira challenging for the central two places.

Saiz, dallas, hernandez, roofe, alioski, doukara, sacko challenging for front midfield three.

Imo we can let doukara go, and shouldn't have signed sacko. Too many players in the attacking positions.

Klich supporting all midfield positions

Wood and antonsson strikers, quite like a better back up

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18794
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Postby faaip » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:14 am

danhirons wrote:Wiedwald surely going to be number 1 at the start of the season or else signing him makes absolutely no sense when we already have silvestri as an adequate back up. I also can't see him coming to leeds and taking a step down in division to just sit on the bench.

Berardi also clearly going to be left back, ayling right back. Berardi has shown how capable he is at left back and it would be a waste to play ayling at centre back or on the bench since he was one of our most consistent players last season. Bring in a new centre back to play with jansson.

Anita bridcutt and Vieira challenging for the central two places.

Saiz, dallas, hernandez, roofe, alioski, doukara, sacko challenging for front midfield three.

Imo we can let doukara go, and shouldn't have signed sacko. Too many players in the attacking positions.

Klich supporting all midfield positions

Wood and antonsson strikers, quite like a better back up



You missed Ekuban who's a forward, Beradi is ok at LB but as the back end of last season showed it's a forced position for him. We need a good natural LB
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Beradi, Borthwick-Jackson, Janssen, Pennington, O'Kane, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

Ayling - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Klich

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53286
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:16 am

faaip wrote:Cooper is good enough depth to play CB4 but nowhere near good enough to start week in week out


I think we all agree on that one :lol:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53286
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Postby 1964white » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:21 am

Fordy181 wrote:I wouldn't be upset with Berardi at right back or Ayling at CB


I'd be upset Fordy.

Centre-back is one of the main cogs of the spine of any team. I don't want to see a makeshift CB playing alongside Pontus, not a fan of players playing out of their natural position


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beer belly bert, Ratscoot, Shields53 and 64 guests