Pre season Austria - v Eibar 4pm today

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: Pre season Austria - v Eibar 4pm today

Post by rab_rant »

Rob Green knows something about his future that we don't

2-4
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Weidwald probably would have conceded 4 with that defending...it needs sorting or we're going to need to score three every game to win.

Anita looked ok on the left, Ayling can't play there though.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Couldn't get a link for the first half, how did Pennington look
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:Weidwald probably would have conceded 4 with that defending...it needs sorting or we're going to need to score three every game to win.

Anita looked ok on the left, Ayling can't play there though.
Was very worrying how poor we looked defensively especially from corners. That for me was the main reason we did so well last season was that we didn't look like conceding from corners.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

takes time for a CB partnership to form always assuming it will ever form. Bartley was a big loss and personally wouldn't have minded throwing a lot of the money spent on one of these 50 MF at him to see if we could change his or Swansea' mind. I think he fails for Swansea personally the big part of Bartley being so good was the partnership with Jansson.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Couldn't get a link for the first half, how did Pennington look
Better than Pontus :shock:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

One area we looked weak at was full backs in the first half. Not sure why we have insisted on playing Anita at right back given that we have Ayling and Berardi for that position. Looked a lot better second half when Ayling switched back to right back and Anita went to left back.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Green - didn't look the Green we know from the first half of 2017

Anita - Newcastle fans were right. Looked just as comfortable at LB as RB, would be interesting to see how good he is in the engine-room

Pennington - looked decent even though we conceded three goals in the first-half, unsure whether you can blame him for any of the goals

Jansson - his worst game in a Leeds shirt :shock:

Ayling - was skinned far too many times by a speedy Spaniard. Back to his best when moved to his natural position in the 2nd half

Vieira - won a few tackles, not sure he is ready to start yet

Bridcutt - just as poor as last season

Dallas - as usual flattered to deceive

Saiz - invisible

Sacko - one or two runs producing nothing

Wood - been a while coming but he eventually got his proper shooting boots on

Gomes - wasn't on long, looks lively

Cooper - did well

Phillips - I take it back KP :shock: made a difference, got forward much more under TC's guidance. Keep it up KP

O'Kane - makes you wonder why Monk didn't use this fella more, he changed the game for me. His energy was infectious on all around him

Roofe - continues to look manacing

Hernandez - a class act

Shaughnessy - where did this lad come from ? looks a good prospect

Alioski - his tricks & pace are there to be seen, looks a decent signing

Ekuban - needs time to settle
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Was very worrying how poor we looked defensively especially from corners. That for me was the main reason we did so well last season was that we didn't look like conceding from corners.
Very concerning !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote:One area we looked weak at was full backs in the first half. Not sure why we have insisted on playing Anita at right back given that we have Ayling and Berardi for that position. Looked a lot better second half when Ayling switched back to right back and Anita went to left back.

TC not playing to win though, just experimenting to see what he has, can't be certain but I'd imagine our opponents are a little more settled manager and player wise
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Hernandez looked frustrated at times, held on to the ball too long
O'Kane did alright, I think he's a limited player though and lost possession twice in the second half in dangerous positions
Ayling not a left back but we now have 3 very good right backs. Today tells us nothing of Anita' long term suitability at LB
Anita bought here as a DMF we're told, I think he's too small but we've still not sen him play there unless I missed something
Green badly exposed and maybe a little casual as he knows he's either going or sitting on the bench all season
Gianni was impressive going forward, We definitely going to be set down the right. Not sure why we've abandoned our left flank
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Hernandez looked frustrated at times, held on to the ball too long
O'Kane did alright, I think he's a limited player though and lost possession twice in the second half in dangerous positions
Ayling not a left back but we now have 3 very good right backs. Today tells us nothing of Anita' long term suitability at LB
Anita bought here as a DMF we're told, I think he's too small but we've still not sen him play there unless I missed something
Green badly exposed and maybe a little casual as he knows he's either going or sitting on the bench all season
Gianni was impressive going forward, We definitely going to be set down the right. Not sure why we've abandoned our left flank
I thought O'Kane & Anita were excellent yesterday
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just to put things in context Eibar finished 10th in the La Liga last season
Screenshot 2017-07-24 at 07.29.47.png
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:I thought O'Kane & Anita were excellent yesterday

I thought Anita looked good too, at right back where he's natural. We've yet to see him play the position we thought we bought him (DMF) for. I don't think one half is enough to tell how good he could be at left back. Beradi has looked great at left back at times but exposed at others.

O'Kane looked fine but I think he's a limited player, he's going to have good games but ultimately he's a back up level player imo.