Your Top 10 Fave Sports

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby NorfolkWhite » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:58 pm

1. Football
2. Cycling
3. Triathlon
4. Cricket
5. Golf
6. Athletics
7. Rugby
8. Darts :-D
9. Boxing
10. Swimming

Must admit to watching nowhere near as much footie as I used to, rarely sit through a full PL game anymore.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53324
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby 1964white » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:31 pm

NorfolkWhite wrote:1. Football
2. Cycling
3. Triathlon
4. Cricket
5. Golf
6. Athletics
7. Rugby
8. Darts :-D
9. Boxing
10. Swimming

Must admit to watching nowhere near as much footie as I used to, rarely sit through a full PL game anymore.


I can't remember the last time I watched a full PL match Norfolk.....will be a regular occurence when Leeds are back in the Premiership :-D

Norm
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3450
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby Norm » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:43 pm

1. Football
2. World's Strongest Man
3. Track (Major Championships)
4. Rugby League
5. Baseball (St. Louis Cardinals)
6. Tennis
7. Boxing
8. F1
9. Drag Racing (cars only)
10. Snooker)

User avatar
hector
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury
Contact:

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby hector » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Norm wrote:1. Football
2. World's Strongest Man
3. Track (Major Championships)
4. Rugby League
5. Baseball (St. Louis Cardinals)
6. Tennis
7. Boxing
8. F1
9. Drag Racing (cars only) I am sure Ru Paul is chuffed about that.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
10. Snooker)
"A "ditto" a day, keeps the Leon at bay..... :-D "

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby NorfolkWhite » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:57 pm

1964white wrote:I can't remember the last time I watched a full PL match Norfolk.....will be a regular occurence when Leeds are back in the Premiership :-D


Might have to start watching CL again soon as well hopefully :scarf2: :scarf2:

Norm
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3450
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby Norm » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Hector wrote:

9. Drag Racing (cars only) I am sure Ru Paul is chuffed about that.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


:lol:
Never heard of him or it until you mentioned it.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53324
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby 1964white » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:13 am

NorfolkWhite wrote:Might have to start watching CL again soon as well hopefully :scarf2: :scarf2:


I only watch the Final

Could change though if.......

liggy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 am

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby liggy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:11 pm

1. Football
2 racing pigeons
3 boxing ( met my all time hero about 10 year ago ROBERTO DURAN it's on youtube somewhere, love the bloke to bits, also related to the great seaman watson )
4. Liggys play skip for the fossway EBA clegg league played at Alnwick yesterday challenge cup final what a setting,
5. British bull dog
6 harrass
7 scruffy duff
8 kick the can
9 split the kip
10 darts

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53324
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby 1964white » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:53 pm

liggy wrote:1. Football
2 racing pigeons
3 boxing ( met my all time hero about 10 year ago ROBERTO DURAN it's on youtube somewhere, love the bloke to bits, also related to the great seaman watson )
4. Liggys play skip for the fossway EBA clegg league played at Alnwick yesterday challenge cup final what a setting
5. British bull dog
6 harrass
7 scruffy duff
8 kick the can
9 split the kip
10 darts


You kept that quiet Liggy :shock: did you win ?

Mentioned on Bowls International website

I'm skipping on Wednesday as one of our main skips can't make the match, hoping to keep my unbeaten run intact....P3 W2 D1

Screenshot 2017-07-16 at 19.47.00.png

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53324
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby 1964white » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:56 pm

liggy wrote:5. British bull dog
6 harrass
7 scruffy duff
8 kick the can
9 split the kip


Enlighten us please :roflmao:

liggy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 am

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby liggy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:01 pm

2 rinks of four we beat backkworth by 11 shots but had a bad game against North Shields west end
Honestly some of their wicks were shocking and when their skip went wick wick I told him I was going to chin him.
If he said that again
Finished level with backkworth but lost overall on shots. Don't mind tho they're canny lads..
Anyhoo 7 SCRUFFY DUFF
Is when you start at the top of the street and climb over your neighbours back gardens fences privets guard dogs huts etc until you get to the last house in the fastest time, my neighbours go mad but I've been doing it for years.
Reet bingo's oot away to meet the witch in the wallaw

liggy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 am

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby liggy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:22 pm

John in Louisiana wrote:1. Football (real)
2. Baseball
3. Basketball
4. Golf
5. Football (American)
6. Tennis
7. Track and Field
8. Skiing (alpine)
9. Hockey
10. Gymnastics

Played the first four when I was younger and ran track through high school (middle distances). Now a round of golf is the best I can do. I do, however, walk the 18 holes. Motorized carts are for chumps and American presidents.

Oops. that's redundant.

John hate to be picky but number2 we call it rounders
Who were the last non usa team to win the World Series

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18797
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby faaip » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Rounders is a different game... .
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Beradi, Borthwick-Jackson, Janssen, Pennington, O'Kane, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

Ayling - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Klich

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18797
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby faaip » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:29 pm

and Toronto Blue Jays
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Beradi, Borthwick-Jackson, Janssen, Pennington, O'Kane, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

Ayling - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Klich

liggy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 am

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby liggy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:56 pm

Ahh canada ok then the World Series it is

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18797
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby faaip » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:26 pm

well you asked.

Rugby League, Cricket and Rugby Union get played to a high standard by about 2% of the world yet get competitions called world cups. Snooker World Championship until recently was basically the home countries and a couple of commonwealth countries.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Beradi, Borthwick-Jackson, Janssen, Pennington, O'Kane, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

Ayling - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Klich

User avatar
John in Louisiana
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1591
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby John in Louisiana » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm

liggy wrote:John hate to be picky but number2 we call it rounders
Who were the last non usa team to win the World Series


Well, you would be wrong. :)

The last non-USA team to win the World Series was the Toronto Blue Jays. Currently nearly 30% of all players on Major League rosters are from outside the United States, with 18 different non-American nations represented. This year's World Baseball Classic (baseball's version of the World Cup) featured teams from 32 different countries.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 53324
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:03 am

liggy wrote:2 rinks of four we beat backkworth by 11 shots but had a bad game against North Shields west end
Honestly some of their wicks were shocking and when their skip went wick wick I told him I was going to chin him.
If he said that again
Finished level with backkworth but lost overall on shots. Don't mind tho they're canny lads..
Anyhoo 7 SCRUFFY DUFF
Is when you start at the top of the street and climb over your neighbours back gardens fences privets guard dogs huts etc until you get to the last house in the fastest time, my neighbours go mad but I've been doing it for years.
Reet bingo's oot away to meet the witch in the wallaw


Excellent pursuit :roflmao:

Wick wick :wink:

liggy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 am

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby liggy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:38 am

Mrs64 wrote:1 Formula One (Raced around Brands Hatch, Silverstone & Goodwood circuits many moons ago)
2 Tennis (As girl I use to play tennis as we had our own tennis court)
3 Athletics (keep Leon on his toes :wink:)
4 Horse Racing
5 Snooker

My favourite activity is dancing which is not a sport, something I participate in twice a week :-D

Aye all the signs are there Mrs moggins of a misspent youth
Poor Mr mogg has a lot to put up with IMHO like

User avatar
Haighy
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 am

Re: Your Top Ten Favourite Sports

Postby Haighy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 am

Cricket.
Football.
Rugby union.
Cycling.
F1.
Snooker.
Thats about it really !!


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: faaip, lufc1304, rab_rant and 53 guests