Top 4 Forwards Competition

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Top 4 Forwards Competition

Post by Oscar »

I have had another idea for a game in addition to our current competitions this season, The game will be to pick within a £20 million budget 4 strikers (2 from the Premier League, 2 from the Championship). The winner will be whoever has the most league goals combined with their 4 strikers.
For example: I might choose Kane, Vardy, Wood and Assombalonga. Over the season those 4 combined score 60 league goals that means I get 60 points.
Leon may choose Aguero, Sanchez, Kodjia and Chris Martin. Over the season those 4 combined score 65 means that Leon earns 65 points.

The main 2 rules are: no one can have the exact 4 same strikers and you have to pick 2 from the premier league and 2 from the championship.

I will keep adding players as new signings are made in the premier league and championship to this original post on the strikers list. Will need all entries before the Sunderland v Derby game on August 4th.

Prices: (2 from each league, £20 million budget in total)
Premier League

£8 million: Kane, Aguero

£6 million: Costa, Lacazette, Lukaku, Gabriel Jesus, Sanchez

£5 million: Firmino, Morata

£4 million: Gabbiadini, Josh King (Bournemouth), Carroll, Sturridge,Giroud, Rashford, Rooney, Defoe, Benteke, Vardy, Llorente, Hernandez (recently joined West Ham)

£2 million: Batshuayi, Origi, Solanke, Welbeck, Perez, Sandro Ramirez, Austin, Long, Afobe, Callum Wilson, Rondon, Jay Rodriguez (West Brom), Okazaki, Slimani, Berahino, Diouf, Crouch, Abraham, Gray, Vokes, Walters, Barnes, Deeney, Okaka, Gayle, Mitrovic, Daryl Murphy (Newcastle), Murray, Baldock, Hemed, Mouine (Huddersfield), Wells, Depoitre (Huddersfield), Quaner (Huddersfield)

Championship

£6 million: Wood, Assombalonga, Rhodes, Jerome, Kodjia

£5 million: Hernandez (Hull), Kermogant.

£4 million: Gestede, Hooper, Fletcher, Oliveira, Martin, Nugent, Zohore, Hogan, Ugbo, Dicko, Diedhiou, Jutkiewicz, Sharp, McCormack, Forestierri, Bamford

£2 million: Fraizer Campbell (Hull), Vaughan, Bodvarsson, Winnall, Woodrow, Antonsson, Ekuban, Bent, Watkins (Brentford) , May, Doyle (Preston), Maguire (Preston), Hugill, Ward, Bradshaw, Mason, McGoldrick, Garner, Matty Taylor (Bristol City), Matt Smith (QPR), Washington, Donaldson, Boyce, Sordell, Cummings, Bereton, Velios, Leon Clarke (Sheffield United), Le Fondre, Armstrong, Madine, Gregory, Steve Morison (Millwall), O’Brien, Elliott.
Last edited by Oscar on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Re: Top 4 Forwards Competition

Post by Oscar »

Was also considering introducing a transfer window half way through in January to allow people to make transfers in case some of their players are injured during the first of the season. Is this a good idea or should we have no transfer windows. I don't mind either way.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Good idea Gary :tup:

Don't like transfer windows in competitions personally but that's only my opinion.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I would quite like to have a crack at this Oscar.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Me too :tup:

Transfer window is a good idea Oscar
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Post by Fordy181 »

I will have a go if thats ok
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

So, are we going forward with this?

I understand that the list of players could be increased but are the valuations in this thread sacrosanct?>
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Fordy181 wrote:I will have a go if thats ok
Of course it is mate :-D
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Norm wrote:So, are we going forward with this?

I understand that the list of players could be increased but are the valuations in this thread sacrosanct?>
Still 100% going forward with the competition.

Are there any valuations you disagree with Norm?, the prices will stay the same throughout the season :tup: but they are not sacrosanct yet :wink: .
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Gary Shaw wrote:

Still 100% going forward with the competition.

Are there any valuations you disagree with Norm?, the prices will stay the same throughout the season :tup: but they are not sacrosanct yet.
I have no problem with any valuations Oscar - tbh they're not really that important in one sense, except obviously it keeps someone from hogging all the best, but then 'best' is very subjective because this next season could change a lot. Wood and Lukaku are 2 prime examples, Wood with many new colleagues, Lukaku in a different team.

Of course, the chance to get your 4 favourites is balanced by who else is likely to be submitted before the deadline.
From what date can we make our choices and when's the cut-off for addition of new names please?

I'm quite looking forward to this comp. If you need help in any way, pm me.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

If anyone wants select their strikers now then feel free, i'm going to wait until next week.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Norm wrote:I have no problem with any valuations Oscar - tbh they're not really that important in one sense, except obviously it keeps someone from hogging all the best, but then 'best' is very subjective because this next season could change a lot. Wood and Lukaku are 2 prime examples, Wood with many new colleagues, Lukaku in a different team.

Of course, the chance to get your 4 favourites is balanced by who else is likely to be submitted before the deadline.
From what date can we make our choices and when's the cut-off for addition of new names please?

I'm quite looking forward to this comp. If you need help in any way, pm me.
I've tried to make the budget difficult so that everyone has to select at least one lesser known striker.
Will need your 4 selections by August 5th before the Sunderland vs Derby game Norm, once you have selected your 4 players and the season starts you wont be able to make any transfers until January. I was going to suggest having a January transfer window in January where you can make 2 transfers, however, of course you will still need to stay within the budget.
Thanks for offering to help Norm, I will make sure that I pm you if I am busy during one week etc :tup:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I'll be the first to take the plunge..............

Give me Sanchez, Sturridge, Wood, and Fletcher.
hector

Post by hector »

I thought I had posted my selection up...must a buggered the button up..

Matt Smith, Jerome.....Aguero Gabbiadini

Cheers mate
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote:I thought I had posted my selection up...must a buggered the button up..

Matt Smith, Jerome.....Aguero Gabbiadini

Cheers mate

I thought you'd at least have Ditto as one of your choices ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

I would have done, but one of the perils of making my choice early is a lack of dittoable posts.....
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kane - Lukaku - Hogan - Campbell
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

So far we have:
John: Alexis Sanchez (Arsenal), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Chris Wood (Leeds), Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday)
Hector: Sergio Aguero (Man City), Manolo Gabiadinni (Southampton), Cameron Jerome (Norwich), Matt Smith (QPR)
Leon: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Romelu Lukaku (Man Utd), Scott Hogan (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Hull)
Last edited by Oscar on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

John in Louisiana wrote:I'll be the first to take the plunge..............

Give me Sanchez, Sturridge, Wood, and Fletcher.
Sorry John will need you to change one of your selections as you have gone £1 million over budget.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

A few tips I would have to everyone is to try and avoid players who aren't guaranteed starters, about to leave their clubs or injury prone as you won't be able to make transfers until January once we have started . I know that's easier said than done and almost impossible because of the budget I have set but that is the beauty of the game :wink: but I thought I would offer that advice and hope that it isn't totally useless. I think with the budget everyone is going to have at least one striker who doesn't start many games and hope that they are a super sub :lol:.