Thursday's Breakfast Debate - keepers/squad age/signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Thursday's Breakfast Debate - keepers/squad age/signings

Post by 1964white »

Good Morning Everyone

Silvestri's gone.....

Good luck to him. He sat on the bench without too much whinging.
Unfortunately his Leeds tenure will be overshadowed by refusing to play that time when he had that cat scratch!!!

This means that Farrell-Peacock has travelled to the training base in Austria to train with the rest of the team.

Did you know if Green were to leave the club, Leeds would have just one player over the age of 30!

If we allow Green to leave Leeds, does this mean BFP is our 2nd Keeper ?
Strange move as we were prepared to loan him out only this week :?

Unsure of the average age of our squad, must be 25yo or under
Surely having a young squad is a good thing ?

According to media reports Leeds, Boro and Hull have all had offers rejected for Bristol City's Joe Bryan.
City will do whatever possible to keep the 23 year old left back at the Ashton Gate Stadium unless a silly offer comes in for him.

Don't know much about Joe Bryan but he is obviously a decent LB if our competitors are chasing him

Spanish striker claims he has signed for Leeds

Seems to have gone unnoticed
Screenshot 2017-07-20 at 08.22.05.png
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/894552612?-11130:816:0
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Re: Thursday's Breakfast Debate - keepers/squad age/signings

Post by Fordy181 »

i just posted in yesterdays thread about Balboa my mate who lives in spain and follows Spanish football say the striker is really good and set goal scoring records at youth level and doesn't know how we have manged to get him and claims he could even be first team ready very soon.

As for the age of the team i really feel like the owner is building for the future i dont think he is as obsessed with going up at the first attempt like everyone else.
gessa

Post by gessa »

If Green goes I'm sure we'll get someone else in.

No nothing about Joe Bryan or Rocky Balboa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fordy181 wrote:i just posted in yesterdays thread about Balboa my mate who lives in spain and follows Spanish football say the striker is really good and set goal scoring records at youth level and doesn't know how we have manged to get him and claims he could even be first team ready very soon.

As for the age of the team i really feel like the owner is building for the future i dont think he is as obsessed with going up at the first attempt like everyone else.
Balboa looks an exciting prospect Fordy :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:If Green goes I'm sure we'll get someone else in.

No nothing about Joe Bryan or Rocky Balboa
Nor me mate

Our new scouts obviously do :-D
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Definitely better for squad harmony if the squad is younger as the players aren't all expecting to play every match. Easier for the coach to 'rest' a younger player, for their own good/long term development etc, too than it is for him to say to a 30 year old seasoned pro that he is being rested.
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fordy181 »

1964white wrote:Balboa looks an exciting prospect Fordy :tup:
honestly my friend seems quite excited about this and he never gets excited lol he said he will bet his house hes either our main striker or sold for millions within 5 years
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Definitely better for squad harmony if the squad is younger as the players aren't all expecting to play every match. Easier for the coach to 'rest' a younger player, for their own good/long term development etc, too than it is for him to say to a 30 year old seasoned pro that he is being rested.
Easier to teach a young dog new tricks :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fordy181 wrote:honestly my friend seems quite excited about this and he never gets excited lol he said he will bet his house hes either our main striker or sold for millions within 5 years
Looking forward to seeing play at some stage of his Leeds career :tup:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Silvestri's gone.............................................................................................................................

Thanks for your effort and good luck

Did you know if Green were to leave the club, Leeds would have just one player over the age of 30!...................................................

Green has to go , this is a new era and a new style of play , old keepers don't have the influence on young players as say an old midfielder (Strachan ) or an old defender who can influence the youth around them .

Unsure of the average age of our squad, must be 25yo or under
Surely having a young squad is a good thing ?........................................................................................................................

having a young squad is the way forward , I would much prefer to see a young Leeds side lose giving 100% than watching a team of has beens give it up .

Spanish striker claims he has signed for Leeds......................................................................................................................

Hope so he looks like a good prospect
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fordy181 »

we seem to be looking at signing a few players to the youth team it will defiantly be worth keeping an eye how the under 23s do this year.

Even if this season does not start the way we hope i think we can be excited for the clubs future for once.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Silvestri - For the best that he has gone. Some of the fanbase had it in for him, I just thought that he wasn't a very rounded keeper. Hopefully we can hang on to Green, and he and Wiedwald fight it out for the number 1 jersey.

Joe Bryan - I mentioned him as a replacement for Taylor in an earlier thread. Quick, attacking minded, can play as a wing back. Fits the profile at only 23. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Under 23 recruitment - Really pleased that the lack of talent in the academy is being addressed. An area that has been run down since Bates. All of the good local lads recently have been snapped up by Man City, Middlesbrough etc as we have no local scouts anymore. Hoping that that also will soon be looked at. If these Spanish youngsters can settle, they could be a bonus in the near future.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think if Green is allowed to fight for his place he probably wins, don't think that will be allowed to happen.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"