Wednesday's Breakfast Debate - Helander/Players likely to move on

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Wednesday's Breakfast Debate - Helander/Players likely to move on

Post by 1964white »

Good morning everyone

Philip Helander who is Pontus's team mate at Malmo and Sweden is now a real possibility according to Italian sports news. Taylor money has landed and apparently we had a £4.7m bid rejected 4 weeks ago...... Maybe why the last few deals are taking so long is cash flow which should be cleared now with £6m or £7m coming in from the Taylor fee & maybe more as we move some out.

Wouldn't be surprised is Doukara, Antonsson or Dallas are on their way out !
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Re: Wednesday's Breakfast Debate - Helander/Players likely to move on

Post by Fordy181 »

Im really surprised at the lack of players leaving this summer and im very surprised there isnt more interest in wood etc.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fordy181 wrote:Im really surprised at the lack of players leaving this summer and im very surprised there isnt more interest in wood etc.
I think Wood would struggle in the premiership so that just leaves the likes of Boro, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Fulham, Derby or Wolves as potential buyers
gessa

Post by gessa »

Fordy181 wrote:Im really surprised at the lack of players leaving this summer and im very surprised there isnt more interest in wood etc.
I think TC possibly gave everyone a fair crack of the whip and as now possibly drawn up a list of players not in his plans, ready to try to get rid of in the near future.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I think TC possibly gave everyone a fair crack of the whip and as now possibly drawn up a list of players not in his plans, ready to try to get rid of in the near future.
Doukara hasn't had much game time so I suspect he is on his way out
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Doukara hasn't had much game time so I suspect he is on his way out
Hadn't really noticed that but now you have mentioned it you are right, likewise Antonsen.

Always seems harder for us to remove our dead wood than other clubs. Over they years I have been amazed at the money Man U have recouped when selling their sh*t players to the likes of Sunderland and Everton yet we seem to always end up having to terminate contracts and seemingly costing us money to get rid of our unwanted players.

Hopefully we can get some money for our unwanted players now and TC can have the squad he wants without players being stuck at the club who he doesn't want. Monk did well with this by completing isolating the players he didn't want, i.e. Dave and Murphy although he did then sign players, such as Barrow, and then freeze them out.
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Post by Fordy181 »

Its a shame about Antonsen dont think he ever really got a chance and a lot of been a striker is about confidence.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Forgive my ignorance, but is Helander a CH? If so, get him signed!!

For those who are going or should go, I tend to agree that TC has given them all the once over, game time etc and I'm sure he now knows who isn't going to figure. I'd personally keep one of Antonsson or Doukara unless we're buying a striker, as we look light up front. As for Dallas; yes, he's limited, but he always puts a shift in, is versatile and offers cover to the full backs. I'd keep him as a squad player
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

lufc1304 wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but is Helander a CH? If so, get him signed!!

For those who are going or should go, I tend to agree that TC has given them all the once over, game time etc and I'm sure he now knows who isn't going to figure. I'd personally keep one of Antonsson or Doukara unless we're buying a striker, as we look light up front. As for Dallas; yes, he's limited, but he always puts a shift in, is versatile and offers cover to the full backs. I'd keep him as a squad player
Agree on Helander, I'd get him in over Flint. With any spare cash from the Taylor deal let's look at a dedicated LB and I reckon we are good to go.

As for players leaving Dallas strikes me as that sort of player that is he left he could well be brilliant somewhere else and we'd wonder why we ever got rid, but he must be right on the fringes now and I would expect he's a player that would start in a hell of a lot of championship clubs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Agree on Helander, I'd get him in over Flint. With any spare cash from the Taylor deal let's look at a dedicated LB and I reckon we are good to go.

As for players leaving Dallas strikes me as that sort of player that is he left he could well be brilliant somewhere else and we'd wonder why we ever got rid, but he must be right on the fringes now and I would expect he's a player that would start in a hell of a lot of championship clubs.
Dallas + brilliant = :roflmao:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:Dallas + brilliant = :roflmao:
Ok - maybe not quite brilliant :lol:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Agree on Helander, I'd get him in over Flint. With any spare cash from the Taylor deal let's look at a dedicated LB and I reckon we are good to go.

Spot on, NW! Seems a no-brainer re Helander, him and Pontus will know each other's games and should be complimentary. Not sure Dallas would be brilliant elsewhere but, for me, he's an excellent squad player who can play left or right and, at a push, I think he could cover at full back. He's not going to go to any bigger clubs than us, so if he's happy to stay, then I think we should keep him.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

lufc1304 wrote:Spot on, NW! Seems a no-brainer re Helander, him and Pontus will know each other's games and should be complimentary. Not sure Dallas would be brilliant elsewhere but, for me, he's an excellent squad player who can play left or right and, at a push, I think he could cover at full back. He's not going to go to any bigger clubs than us, so if he's happy to stay, then I think we should keep him.
Think I need the edit button..... :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Dallas is a player that will never show up on the winger highlight reel due to not having great pace or really the ability to dribble past a player. However nor did David Beckham. What we need though from him is more end product because he has the ability to put in good crosses and also to score goals. If he can score 5 to 10 goals and get 5 to 10 assists then that isn't a bad return from his position and he is definitely capable of doing that as he has shown for Brentford and Northern Ireland. Add that to his workrate and he is a decent enough player at this level.

The big question though is can he improve on his end product.