2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54873
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2017 Albums

Postby 1964white » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Albums that maybe of interest due out in the next few weeks plus ratings of those reviewed in the Mojo magazine

Beck - Colors 3/5
Blancmange - Unfurnished Rooms 4/5
Blow Monkeys - The Wild River 4/5
Carla Bruni - French Touch 3/5
Carole King - Tapestry Live In Hyde Park 4/5
Chris Hillman - Bidin' My Time 4/5
David Crosby - Sky Trails 4/5
Darkness - Pinewood Smile 4/5
Four Tet - New Energy
Gary Numan - Savage (Songs From A Broken World) 4/5
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Luciferian Towers
Greg Allman - Southern Blood 4/5
Jane McDonald - Hold The Covers Back
John Foxx & The Maths 3/5
Killers - Wonderful, Wonderful
King Crimson - Official Bootleg: Live in Chicago, June 28th, 2017 Double CD, Live
King Krule - The OOZ 3/5
Liam Gallagher - As You Were 4/5
Marilyn Manson Heaven Upside Down
Mark Almond - Shadows & Reflections 4/5
Morrissey - Low in High School
Pere Ubu - 20 Years In A Montana Missile Silo
Reverend & The Makers - Death Of A King 3/5
Robert Plant - Carry Fire 3/5
Rolling Stones - On Air
Squeeze - The Knowledge 4/5
St Vincent - Masseduction 4/5
Sufjan Stevens - The Greatest Gift Mixtape
Van Morrison - Roll With The Punches 3/5
Weezer - Pacific Daydream
Wolf Alice - Visions Of A Life 4/5
Yes - Topographic Drama: Live Across America Live

User avatar
hector
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2595
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury
Contact:

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby hector » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Robert Plant - Carry fire

I quite like this album, bit of everything on there apart from old fashioned rock...
However very easy to listen to.

David Gilmore - Live in Pompeii... need say no more really, up to his usual live standard..

Started to listen to Liam Gallagher - as you were, but just sounds like Oasis, same style and pitch and beat as all the early Oasis.

Tangerine dream - Quantum gate, but just got bored after the 2nd track.

As you can tell, I have been busy trying new stuff this last couple of months...
:tup: A Ditto a day STILL keeps Leon at bay... :wink:

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 15948
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby gessa » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Just 3 of those I'm interested in.

Morrissey
Stones and Plant

User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby Durly » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Looking forward to the Four Tet one.
Image

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54873
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby 1964white » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:35 pm

Durly wrote:Looking forward to the Four Tet one.


Me too :tup:

Have a listen to this....Loving the King Krule album


User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54873
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby 1964white » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:44 pm

gessa wrote:Just 3 of those I'm interested in.

Morrissey
Stones and Plant


Morrissey track from his new album


User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54873
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby 1964white » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:52 pm


User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54873
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby 1964white » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:12 pm

King Krule 'The OOZ released tomorrow.....just read these reviews

Screenshot 2017-10-15 at 23.09.13.png

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1967
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: 2017 Albums

Postby whiteswan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:38 pm

1964white wrote:Albums that maybe of interest due out in the next few weeks plus ratings of those reviewed in the Mojo magazine

Beck - Colors 3/5
Blancmange - Unfurnished Rooms 4/5
Blow Monkeys - The Wild River 4/5
Carla Bruni - French Touch 3/5
Carole King - Tapestry Live In Hyde Park 4/5
Chris Hillman - Bidin' My Time 4/5
David Crosby - Sky Trails 4/5
Darkness - Pinewood Smile 4/5
Four Tet - New Energy
Gary Numan - Savage (Songs From A Broken World) 4/5
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Luciferian Towers
Greg Allman - Southern Blood 4/5
Jane McDonald - Hold The Covers Back
John Foxx & The Maths 3/5
Killers - Wonderful, Wonderful
King Crimson - Official Bootleg: Live in Chicago, June 28th, 2017 Double CD, Live
King Krule - The OOZ 3/5
Liam Gallagher - As You Were 4/5
Marilyn Manson Heaven Upside Down
Mark Almond - Shadows & Reflections 4/5
Morrissey - Low in High School
Pere Ubu - 20 Years In A Montana Missile Silo
Reverend & The Makers - Death Of A King 3/5
Robert Plant - Carry Fire 3/5
Rolling Stones - On Air
Squeeze - The Knowledge 4/5
St Vincent - Masseduction 4/5
Sufjan Stevens - The Greatest Gift Mixtape
Van Morrison - Roll With The Punches 3/5
Weezer - Pacific Daydream
Wolf Alice - Visions Of A Life 4/5
Yes - Topographic Drama: Live Across America Live

Hmmmmm! One missing....if indeed it's a list of albums of interest to all of us?.....(where is she 64, you know who I mean) :-D

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54873
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2017 Albums

Postby 1964white » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:33 am

whiteswan wrote:Hmmmmm! One missing....if indeed it's a list of albums of interest to all of us?.....(where is she 64, you know who I mean) :-D


Apologies Swan, Jane's album wasn't listed on any of the general websites listing her new album. Found the information this morning on her own website, apparently her new album scheduled released date is 3rd November

List now amended

We wait in anticipation for a reaction :lol:

User avatar
hector
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2595
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury
Contact:

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby hector » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:51 am

Good job that you didn't put the new amended album on the music thread......

I would have to sue you under the trade descriptions act....

:wink:
:tup: A Ditto a day STILL keeps Leon at bay... :wink:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54873
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby 1964white » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:44 am

hector wrote:Good job that you didn't put the new amended album on the music thread......

I would have to sue you under the trade descriptions act....

:wink:


:roflmao:

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 15948
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby gessa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Finally got to get a few listens to The National's latest, after being unsure at first, it has grown on me, my lad likes it too.

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1967
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: 2017 Albums

Postby whiteswan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:46 pm

1964white wrote:Apologies Swan, Jane's album wasn't listed on any of the general websites listing her new album. Found the information this morning on her own website, apparently her new album scheduled released date is 3rd November

List now amended

We wait in anticipation for a reaction :lol:

Absolutely no need to appologise 64.... :lol: Thank you for adding the lovely lady
I certainly will react :jump:

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1967
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby whiteswan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 pm

hector wrote:Good job that you didn't put the new amended album on the music thread......

I would have to sue you under the trade descriptions act....

:wink:

As for you young man! .......... :whip: .

Mrs64
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1734
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: 2017 Albums

Postby Mrs64 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:32 pm

whiteswan wrote:Hmmmmm! One missing....if indeed it's a list of albums of interest to all of us?.....(where is she 64, you know who I mean) :-D


I really enjoyed Jane's cruising telly series Whiteswan :tup:

User avatar
hector
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2595
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury
Contact:

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby hector » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Don't encourage her Mrs 64.... :roll: :roll:

:wink:
:tup: A Ditto a day STILL keeps Leon at bay... :wink:

Mrs64
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1734
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby Mrs64 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:47 pm

hector wrote:Don't encourage her Mrs 64.... :roll: :roll:

:wink:


Don't worry Hector I'm in my element now as Strictly Come Dancing is on until Christmas :-D :-D
Poor Leon

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1967
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: 2017 Albums

Postby whiteswan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Mrs64 wrote:I really enjoyed Jane's cruising telly series Whiteswan :tup:

Brilliant series wasn't it, especially the Abba museum bit and the 'Jane' russian doll :lol:

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1967
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Postby whiteswan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Mrs64 wrote:Don't worry Hector I'm in my element now as Strictly Come Dancing is on until Christmas :-D :-D
Poor Leon

I love Strictly as well Mrs64....but Mr Swan sits there with me and suffers whilst I watch it :) Who's your tip for the Strictly title this year?


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Norm and 91 guests