Page 3 of 5

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:19 pm
by Mrs64
whiteswan wrote:I love Strictly as well Mrs64....but Mr Swan sits there with me and suffers whilst I watch it :) Who's your tip for the Strictly title this year?
Same with Leon

We ought to have a Strictly Come Dancing thread Swan

Alexandra Burke or Aston Merrygold although I would love to see Debbie McGee win it for us mature ladies :)

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:20 pm
by gessa
whiteswan wrote:I love Strictly as well Mrs64....but Mr Swan sits there with me and suffers whilst I watch it :)

Isn't there a local pub he could walk to.

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:21 pm
by gessa
Mrs64 wrote:Same with Leon

We ought to have a Strictly Come Dancing thread Swan

Alexandra Burke or Aston Merrygold although I would love to see Debbie McGee win it for us mature ladies :)
As above ^^^^^^^^

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:39 pm
by 1964white
gessa wrote:As above ^^^^^^^^
2 mile hike mate with no pavements & no street lighting for much of the walk, all very rural

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 pm
by whiteswan
Mrs64 wrote:Same with Leon

We ought to have a Strictly Come Dancing thread Swan

Alexandra Burke or Aston Merrygold although I would love to see Debbie McGee win it for us mature ladies :)
I was thinking the same re a 'Strictly' thread.... :-D ....would you like to start one, or shall I? ( The boys will just love this :roflmao: )

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:19 am
by hector
I think it would go off topic within 5 posts.........

:lol:

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:17 am
by Mrs64
whiteswan wrote:I was thinking the same re a 'Strictly' thread.... :-D ....would you like to start one, or shall I? ( The boys will just love this :roflmao: )
Yes please that would be good :-D

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:52 am
by gessa
1964white wrote:2 mile hike mate with no pavements & no street lighting for much of the walk, all very rural

Worth he effort and risk I'd say.

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:04 pm
by faaip
My mum and other halfs mum love Strictly too, certainly an age and gender division thing. Fortunately my other half can't stand that sort of thing, I don't have to suffer.

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:02 pm
by whiteswan
gessa wrote:Isn't there a local pub he could walk to.
Five minutes walk down the lane gessa, but we eat quite late and I record it. I ply him with wine over dinner, then stick him on the sofa in front of the telly, and hand him a plate of cheese and biccies and the bottle of Rioja. He then sits through it with me..... :lol:

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:12 pm
by gessa
whiteswan wrote:Five minutes walk down the lane gessa, but we eat quite late and I record it. I ply him with wine over dinner, then stick him on the sofa in front of the telly, and hand him a plate of cheese and biccies and the bottle of Rioja. He then sits through it with me..... :lol:

He's a good bloke, a good Rioja is a very nice compensate.
Tbf I'd go to the pub and come back for the Rioja after it had finished :wink:

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:45 pm
by gessa





Enjoying the new Barr Brothers offering.

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:24 pm
by 1964white
Was listening to the Barr Brothers yesterday

I mean't to post up a clip but i didn't have time

Love this song



Also enjoying this band atm


Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:29 pm
by gessa
Someone else mentioned kng krule, not on here but can't remember where.
Will have to give it a listen.

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:00 pm
by 1964white
gessa wrote:Someone else mentioned kng krule, not on here but can't remember where
Will have to give it a listen.
I did on this topic about ten days ago

May not be your scene mate

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:11 pm
by gessa
1964white wrote:I did on this topic about ten days ago

May not be your scene mate

Could have been you then.
Thought it was elsewhere
Confused.com

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:08 pm
by 1964white
64's Top 10 new songs

1. King Krule - Surfer
2. Shame - Concrete
3. Amp Fiddler - Return Of The Ghetto Fly
4. Barr Brothers -Defibrillation
5. Superorganism - Something For Your M.I.N.D
6. Monica Vasconlas - Angelica
7. Warm Digits featuring Field Music - End Times
8. Morrissey - Spent The Day In Bed
9. Mogwai - Crossing The Road Material
10. Alt-J - 3WW

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:29 am
by hector
When we were young, and only had the radio to hear new songs, if we heard a song that we liked we went out and bought the lp and then played it to death......

Well during the summer I heard a song on the local radio that I quite liked, as it was different to all the usual crap that gets played on there, but it was only after hearing it a few times (and liking it better each time) that I found out who the singer was...

After almost dying of terminal embarrassment I eventually got the album a few weeks back, and this week I actually plucked up the courage to play it in the car (obviously on a low volume and only whilst Mrs H wasn't in there).

Very worryingly I enjoyed the album, there was not one track that I can say I hated, and there were several that I would listen to on a regular basis, and I would give the album 7/10...







Oh......... You want to know the album?





Harry Styles - Harry Styles

:? :cry: :cry:

Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:55 am
by hector
This is one of the good ones :shock: :shock:



Re: 2017 Albums released in the next few weeks

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:56 am
by hector
just take me out and shoot me now please......