Sunday Breakfast Debate - Eunan O'Kane

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Sunday Breakfast Debate - Eunan O'Kane

Post by 1964white »

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/895914624?-11130:816:0

Are you watching Liam Bridcutt, Kalvin Phillips, Ronaldo Vieira ?

This is how to play the role of defensive midfielder & also be creative too !

Arguably the Man of the Match yesterday

It begs the question why Monk didn't use Eunan more especially when he had recovered from his injury & it was quite obvious that our young lads were struggling particularly in the last ten games of last season ?

Surely O'Kane's first XI place is nailed on v Bolton next Sunday ?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sunday Breakfast Debate - Eunan O'Kane

Post by weasel »

Important to remember that the quality of opposition wasn't championship and also with it being a friendly he probably had more time on the ball than he would normally. Let's hope he can carry out in the season though cos as you said we need to be able to do more from that position than we did last year.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

At the minute got to be the first name on the sheet, hope he can continue his form into the season. A big season for him and Leeds let's hope both are writing the headlines every week for the right reasons with a promotion at the end of it :champ:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Important to remember that the quality of opposition wasn't championship and also with it being a friendly he probably had more time on the ball than he would normally. Let's hope he can carry out in the season though cos as you said we need to be able to do more from that position than we did last year.
Yes time will tell Weasel

What I like about O'Kane he's a little terrier & gets all around the pitch to link up with his teammates defensively & attacking-wise. I hope we are seeing the player that did so well in that Bournemouth team as he could be like a new signing for us this season. Certainly has been impressive in pre-season, just the sort of preparation every player requires if he is to do well in a long championship campaign.

As Rat says first name on the team sheet :tup:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Did see glimpses of this sort of performance from Eunan last season but as with all our MF last season they lacked consistency. Hope it's the start of a good run of form as there is a decent player in there who would be a real asset.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote:http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/895914624?-11130:816:0

Are you watching Liam Bridcutt, Kalvin Phillips, Ronaldo Vieira ?

This is how to play the role of defensive midfielder & also be creative too !

Arguably the Man of the Match yesterday

It begs the question why Monk didn't use Eunan more especially when he had recovered from his injury & it was quite obvious that our young lads were struggling particularly in the last ten games of last season ?

Surely O'Kane's first XI place is nailed on v Bolton next Sunday ?
Has stood out when he has come on for Ireland also, out playing Hulls Meyler.
Which would suggest he would be a class act in this league!
So I don't understand his lack of games last season, personality clash?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

dezzy wrote:Has stood out when he has come on for Ireland also, out playing Hulls Meyler.
Which would suggest he would be a class act in this league!
So I don't understand his lack of games last season, personality clash?
He only missed games last season through injury. Started most of the season, just dropped to the bench at the end as he struggled to displace vieira and bridcutt after injury - definitely didn't have a lack of games
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote:He only missed games last season through injury. Started most of the season, just dropped to the bench at the end as he struggled to displace vieira and bridcutt after injury - definitely didn't have a lack of games
He did in the latter part of the season when we should have utilised him much more as the selected midfield was clearly not working efficiently
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

danhirons wrote:He only missed games last season through injury. Started most of the season, just dropped to the bench at the end as he struggled to displace vieira and bridcutt after injury - definitely didn't have a lack of games
The part of the season we couldn't buy a win and he couldn't get in the team?
He was shafted last season
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:The part of the season we couldn't buy a win and he couldn't get in the team?
He was shafted last season
And we never looked like winning mate, apart from the Derby (h) & Brighton (h) the football was painful to watch !

Sometimes I do wonder about Monk's managerial skills :duno:

Is he a five minute wonder ?
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote:And we never looked like winning mate, apart from the Derby (h) & Brighton (h) the football was painful to watch !

Sometimes I do wonder about Monk's managerial skills :duno:

Is he a five minute wonder ?
I don't want to sound bitter towards the guy, but yeah, with wood playing the way he was I think any decent manager would have got top 6, we had it wrapped up and let it slip, a lot of blame on the players, but an injection of self belief could have got us over the line, he could be boro's weak link this season?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:I don't want to sound bitter towards the guy, but yeah, with wood playing the way he was I think any decent manager would have got top 6, we had it wrapped up and let it slip, a lot of blame on the players, but an injection of self belief could have got us over the line, he could be boro's weak link this season?
GM is like a one-pace racehorse :horse:

He started well at Swansea & faded then did the same at Leeds

Lets hope he weakens in the final furlong come next April....tbh the money Boro' are splashing out you & I could get the smoggies up
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote:GM is like a one-pace racehorse :horse:

He started well at Swansea & faded then did the same at Leeds

Lets hope he weakens in the final furlong come next April....tbh the money Boro' are splashing out you & I could get the smoggies up
I think we're up to the challenge
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Give O'Kane a good long run as our midfield general and stick with him even if he has the odd bad game ! He looked good last season when he played, well certainly better than some of the other dross.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote:Give O'Kane a good long run as our midfield general and stick with him even if he has the odd bad game ! He looked good last season when he played, well certainly better than some of the other dross.
Yes stick with him, he is a very good player :tup:
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

EO'K was quite impressive earlier in season 16/17 and seemed to work well with one or other of the young CMs. I thought he was a factor in our surge up the table. He took a while to get going again after injury then could barely get a run, even off the bench. Was reintroduced very (too) late in the season.
Hopefully he helps get us off to a solid start to the new season - seems he's had a decent preseason so may be well equipped to be a whole season performer.
Was there an O'Kane playing in the old EFL a few decades back? Maybe with a midlands team?

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Indeed there was he played at Forest way back '70's and came also from County Derry. I'm struggling for now with his first name.Liam O'kane I believe it to be.
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

Ah yes, Liam O'K. Thank you.
Was at Forest for years on staff after playing - probably finished prior to the EC wins.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69