Monday Breakfast Debate -

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Monday Breakfast Debate -

Post by 1964white »

Good Morning Everyone

Borthwick- Jackson signed
Screenshot 2017-08-07 at 11.13.43.png
Signed at the right time after yesterday's walking wounded?

One out of one....

The season has kicked off, and Leeds have 3 points in the bag.

If truth be known (IMO) we should have won 3-1. That would have been a fair scoreline.

Should Leeds have won the game easier?

Let's talk about Cooper again :lol: after yesterday's top performance

Is he Captain material?

Can he marshall the defence in the same way Bartley did?

Is he now a first choice centre back in your opinion?

Was anyone impressed with Felix yesterday.

Did he fulfil anyone with confidence?

Bridcutt was cut from the 18 for tactical reasons. TC says he still has a part to play!

Dallas travelled but was not in the 18.

Viera was rested by TC. The lad probably needs to find that bit of form.

Doukara & Antonsson nowhere near the squad

Are Bridcutt, Dallas, Doukara, Antonsson's days numbered at Leeds

Pennington's ankle and Berardi's shoulder will be assessed today!
Hopefully both recover quickly
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Monday Breakfast Debate -

Post by Ratscoot »

Borthwick- Jackson signed

Signed at the right time after yesterday's walking wounded?

Very lucky couldn't have got better timing hope he's better than he was at Wolves

The season has kicked off, and Leeds have 3 points in the bag.

If truth be known (IMO) we should have won 3-1. That would have been a fair scoreline.

Should Leeds have won the game easier?

Yes definitely we made hard work of it in the end but we won't come up against a bigger more physical side and hopefully we'll get a few decisions from the ref.

Let's talk about Cooper again :lol: after yesterday's top performance

Is he Captain material?
Juries still out on that

Can he marshall the defence in the same way Bartley did?
Still think he needs more game time to see if he can become a top player

Is he now a first choice centre back in your opinion?

No

Was anyone impressed with Felix yesterday.

Did he fulfil anyone with confidence?
No but did like is distribution thought he got the goal out well

Are Bridcutt, Dallas, Doukara, Antonsson's days numbered at Leeds
Think Bridcutt and Dallas will remain as part of the squad but the Douk and Ant need to move on to get game time somewhere else, both would go with my best wishes
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Post by Fordy181 »

you could see how leeds tried to build everything from the back and Felix was part of that i wish fans would at least give him 2 or 3 games before jumping down his throat.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Thanks 1964 for the clearing up of Bridcutt and Dallas as i was surprised they weren't on the bench at the very least.
Viera surely needs to be there , is it injury related for his resting in the Season Opener or was he poor in form in Austria?

Was nice to start the Season with 3 Points.....can't believe that Foxtel have lost the rights to Broadcast the Championship wasn't happy when i set the alarm to learn that they have lost the rights .
C'mon Lads let's go up once and for all as it's frustrating for Overseas fans to see our mighty team play on T.V
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leedsmad wrote:Thanks 1964 for the clearing up of Bridcutt and Dallas as i was surprised they weren't on the bench at the very least.
Viera surely needs to be there , is it injury related for his resting in the Season Opener or was he poor in form in Austria?

Was nice to start the Season with 3 Points.....can't believe that Foxtel have lost the rights to Broadcast the Championship wasn't happy when i set the alarm to learn that they have lost the rights .
C'mon Lads let's go up once and for all as it's frustrating for Overseas fans to see our mighty team play on T.V
Vieira rested due to him playing in England U21's summer tournament
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

1964white wrote:Vieira rested due to him playing in England U21's summer tournament
Cheers :tup:

You think we are a serious chance of going up ? I can't help but to feel excited with the additions but then again have no idea how they are as players and the other question is if they can handle the English game, how long it will take for them to adjust ?
The Owner is making the right noises IMO and hopefully he continues to provide the Finances we need to get out of this League.....i for one will be over the moon as i have a fair bit of money on us going up :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leedsmad wrote:Cheers :tup:

You think we are a serious chance of going up ? I can't help but to feel excited with the additions but then again have no idea how they are as players and the other question is if they can handle the English game, how long it will take for them to adjust ?
The Owner is making the right noises IMO and hopefully he continues to provide the Finances we need to get out of this League.....i for one will be over the moon as i have a fair bit of money on us going up :-D
Yes as we are getting right from top to bottom as in the Revie-era

I did predict we'd in end up 3rd in Norfolk White's competition & always insisted a few months ago we'd do well this season

I personally feel we have a better owner/coach/squad now so yes we have a decent chance of promotion if not this season probably next.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

1964white wrote:Yes as we are getting right from top to bottom as in the Revie-era

I did predict we'd in end up 3rd in Norfolk White's competition & always insisted a few months ago we'd do well this season

I personally feel we have a better owner/coach/squad now so yes we have a decent chance of promotion if not this season probably next.
Lets hope so mate .

I just hope that if we are in the mix around the Top 6 mark come January that we get the reinforcements and signings that will get us over the line as this last Season in January we didn't sign that extra bit of quality that we required to make a serious charge to the Premier League.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

not mentioned in the debate but I'm embarrassed that sacko was put on the bench ahead of a fit dallas. also embarrassed that we we've paid to sign him
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote:not mentioned in the debate but I'm embarrassed that sacko was put on the bench ahead of a fit dallas. also embarrassed that we we've paid to sign him
I actually laughed my head off at his ineptness as I use to do with some of the comical moments I witnessed when we were playing in League One
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: RE: Re: Monday Breakfast Debate -

Post by Rex deWolf »

danhirons wrote:not mentioned in the debate but I'm embarrassed that sacko was put on the bench ahead of a fit dallas. also embarrassed that we we've paid to sign him
Agreed. Dallas would have held the ball up better in the last 15 minutes and relieved the pressure on the back 4.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk