Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Your Starting 11

Poll ended at Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Wiedwald
1
2%
Green
5
8%
Peacock-Farrell
0
No votes
Cooper
6
9%
Pennington
2
3%
Borthwick-Jackson
6
9%
Denton
0
No votes
Ayling
4
6%
Berardi
0
No votes
Anita
5
8%
Bridcutt
1
2%
Diagouraga
0
No votes
Klich
3
5%
O'Kane
2
3%
Vieira
3
5%
Phillips
5
8%
Dallas
3
5%
Roofe
2
3%
Alioski
3
5%
Hernandez
1
2%
Sacko
2
3%
Saiz
5
8%
Wood
2
3%
Antonsson
1
2%
Doukara
0
No votes
Ekuban
4
6%
 
Total votes: 66

User avatar
LUFC 1966
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby LUFC 1966 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:52 am

watched the game from the East stand last night (is it me or are the seats built for 5 footers or Kids)
Thoroughly enjoyed the first 25 when we bossed the game. Their goal and the period around it was relatively poor.
One way traffic after half time and the introduction of Alioski for the ineffective Sacko gave us options on both flanks and a cutting edge.

Wiedwald - 6 Distributed well.Didn't see his part in the goal as some doilum decided to stop to watch the action on the stairs next to me.
Anita - 7 Calm and assured
Ayling - 7.5 Good stand in as a centre back . played well but prefer him as a right back.
Shaughnessy- 7 Good on the ball and used his height .
Borthwick-Jackson- 7.5 Surprised at the size of him. Confident on the ball. likes to go beyond the half way line.
Klich - 7 Good 65 or so minutes .Always available . Probes with his passing and likes to get in the box. Needs fitness now
Viera - 7.5 Business as usual
Dallas- 7.5 Good to see him finish a game for once. Was bright throughout the game working the flanks well.
Saiz- 10 -- upgrade on Hernandez. Thought he was a player against Oxford. Always has time on the ball even when being man-marked
Sacko -- 1 -- No change from last year . No go forward in his play. No end product .Needs to find his mojo.
Ekuban-- 7 Worked hard to create for the team . well marshalled by Vale defenders . Has a trick in him and took his goal well.

Bridcutt- 7 Efficient , tackled well ,distributed well.
Alioski- 9.5 Game changer -- had their full back on toast , created tons of chances
Gomes - 7 Played out of position but didn't look fazed. Assured on the ball.

Overall happy with the performance. League 2 outfit tried to bully the midfield and defence and by and large got short-shrift.
Tougher tests to come. Another Centre back is a must. On the whole we are looking good going forward, efficient in defence and the midfield is forward thinking.
The only way is up :tup:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54123
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby 1964white » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:55 am

LUFC 1966 wrote:watched the game from the East stand last night (is it me or are the seats built for 5 footers or Kids)
Thoroughly enjoyed the first 25 when we bossed the game. Their goal and the period around it was relatively poor.
One way traffic after half time and the introduction of Alioski for the ineffective Sacko gave us options on both flanks and a cutting edge.

Wiedwald - 6 Distributed well.Didn't see his part in the goal as some doilum decided to stop to watch the action on the stairs next to me.
Anita - 7 Calm and assured
Ayling - 7.5 Good stand in as a centre back . played well but prefer him as a right back.
Shaughnessy- 7 Good on the ball and used his height .
Borthwick-Jackson- 7.5 Surprised at the size of him. Confident on the ball. likes to go beyond the half way line.
Klich - 7 Good 65 or so minutes .Always available . Probes with his passing and likes to get in the box. Needs fitness now
Viera - 7.5 Business as usual
Dallas- 7.5 Good to see him finish a game for once. Was bright throughout the game working the flanks well.
Saiz- 10 -- upgrade on Hernandez. Thought he was a player against Oxford. Always has time on the ball even when being man-marked
Sacko -- 1 -- No change from last year . No go forward in his play. No end product .Needs to find his mojo.
Ekuban-- 7 Worked hard to create for the team . well marshalled by Vale defenders . Has a trick in him and took his goal well.

Bridcutt- 7 Efficient , tackled well ,distributed well.
Alioski- 9.5 Game changer -- had their full back on toast , created tons of chances
Gomes - 7 Played out of position but didn't look fazed. Assured on the ball.

Overall happy with the performance. League 2 outfit tried to bully the midfield and defence and by and large got short-shrift.
Tougher tests to come. Another Centre back is a must. On the whole we are looking good going forward, efficient in defence and the midfield is forward thinking.


Good report '66

Only saw the 2nd half on my laptop from the hotel we're staying in but I would agree with all of that. So Sacko received one more point than the duck I gave him at the Bolton game. Radz & co can be forgiven for making one duff signing. TC will have him sussed & there is no doubt he'll will get little game time with the inept form he's showing right now

User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6116
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby lufc1304 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:11 am

Two games, two wins. Doesn't matter the level of the opposition, wins breed confidence. And how many times in the past have we come undone against lower league opposition? Seems we put Vale to bed with relative ease. Nice headache for TC. Still need a CH, though
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby NorfolkWhite » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:19 am

faaip wrote:Sounds like a cracking win but had to miss it unfortunately, how did the left back do and good to see Gianni have another good game...Saturday' selection is going to be tough


Good game from Borthwick-Jackson, linked up well with Dallas and created them loads of problems down that left side. Not much to do defensively. Given the short time he's had with the squad I slotted him in at no.3 on my MOTM vote.

User avatar
weasel
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5629
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby weasel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:19 am

1964white wrote:Sacko received one more point than the duck I gave him at the Bolton game. Radz & co can be forgiven for making one duff signing. TC will have him sussed & there is no doubt he'll will get little game time with the inept form he's showing right now


I can only guess that TC saw something in Sacko that he thinks he can work on and that there is a longer term plan with him in a similar way to the youngsters we have signed. There was an interesting interview that Radio Leeds did with Caleb Ekuban after the match where he was saying how TC was helping him improve, showing him where to run, how to create space for teammates etc. I would imagine that TC is also doing this sort of work with Sacko and is confident that he can use the gifts that Sacko has and turn him into a decent player..
Senor El Weasel

User avatar
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 am

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby MissSurreyWhite » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:36 am

Interesting thread and insights. Having not seen the game it is all some of us have to go on apart from the press reports. Sounds like we have made some good buys in the summer. A nice problem to have for the manager. My only concern is up front, when Wood has a quiet spell/injury which will inevitably happen. Hopefully we have goals in midfield now?

Shame about Green, I like him, I just hope the new boy can get up to speed and be as good, which if so will be great as he has more years ahead of him.

Port Vale would have been one of those games we would have limped through in years gone by.

Sacko sounds like he can't compete.

Good signs.

User avatar
rich_leeds64
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: leeds LS27

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby rich_leeds64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Can only echo LUFC 1966 post, great win IMO as we have struggled to put these sort of clubs to the sword in recent seasons. But that said if we play this style of fast paced, crisp passing we'll cause teams all kinds of problems.

I've had my season ticket in the East stand since it opened and the leg room is appalling for anyone over around 5'6"

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54123
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby 1964white » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 pm

rich_leeds64 wrote:I've had my season ticket in the East stand since it opened and the leg room is appalling for anyone over around 5'6"


In there for the Preston & Fulham games, need to shrink somewhat in the next couple of days :-D

User avatar
rich_leeds64
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: leeds LS27

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby rich_leeds64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:40 pm

1964white wrote:In there for the Preston & Fulham games, need to shrink somewhat in the next couple of days :-D


I noticed last night that they've started selling 2 pint glasses of beer/Lager @ £7.80, they couldn't sell them fast enough!!! I,m in block L32. where are your seats for the 2 games??

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54123
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby 1964white » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:24 pm

rich_leeds64 wrote:I noticed last night that they've started selling 2 pint glasses of beer/Lager @ £7.80, they couldn't sell them fast enough!!! I,m in block L32. where are your seats for the 2 games??


Same block as you Rich right on the halfway-line quite high up the lower East Stand

I could buy you a drink mate :beer:

User avatar
rich_leeds64
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: leeds LS27

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby rich_leeds64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:55 pm

1964white wrote:Same block as you Rich right on the halfway-line quite high up the lower East Stand

I could buy you a drink mate :beer:


That's very kind but it's very rare that I drink the dishwater they serve up at ER!! But I could get you one

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19242
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby faaip » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:15 pm

rich_leeds64 wrote:That's very kind but it's very rare that I drink the dishwater they serve up at ER!! But I could get you one



You stick with the Pims? ...very sensible
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

User avatar
rich_leeds64
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: leeds LS27

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby rich_leeds64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:59 pm

faaip wrote:You stick with the Pims? ...very sensible


Wouldn't say no if they sold it, but I'll be sticking with Yorkshire Tea

User avatar
rich_leeds64
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: leeds LS27

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby rich_leeds64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:17 pm

An interesting stat from last night was that we registered 23 shots against Port Vale, more than any competitive match over 90 mins under Garry Monk.... Garry Who I hear you say

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54123
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby 1964white » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:41 pm

rich_leeds64 wrote:That's very kind but it's very rare that I drink the dishwater they serve up at ER!! But I could get you one


Apt description Rich, it's not good mate

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54123
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby 1964white » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:42 pm

rich_leeds64 wrote:Wouldn't say no if they sold it, but I'll be sticking with Yorkshire Tea


Yorkshire Tea is just dandy by me Rich :tup:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 54123
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby 1964white » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:55 pm

rich_leeds64 wrote:An interesting stat from last night was that we registered 23 shots against Port Vale, more than any competitive match over 90 mins under Garry Monk.... Garry Who I hear you say


GM was so negative/cautious we didn't get enough players near the box to register five or six shots in the majority of games Rich. In his last few games we didn't look like scoring had we played all night

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 15685
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Postby gessa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP 30s30 seconds ago
More
Samuel Saiz will face no action over last week's spitting allegations. FA considered evidence and ruled there was no case to answer. #lufc


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gessa, HarryofOz, LevLeeds and 82 guests