Leeds United question for today

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds United question for today

Post by 1964white »

What year was the last time we scored three goals in the first-half in the first match of our season ?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United question for today

Post by HarryofOz »

Our first year back in the First division 1990 v Everton
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:Our first year back in the First division 1990 v Everton
Good shout Harry, we won the game 2-3 but we were only leading 0-2 at half-time through goals from Fairclough & Speed
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote:Good shout Harry, we won the game 2-3 but we were only leading 0-2 at half-time through goals from Fairclough & Speed
Oh okay.

I remember us scoring the three goals and Speed being one of the scorers. I thought I'd have a guess.

I remember being so excited going winning our first game back in the top league. I can't remember all the details. Did we lead 3-0 at one point and then hold on, or did they pull it back to 2-all before we hit back with the winner? I could look it up I know, but I'm feeling lazy lol.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:Oh okay.

I remember us scoring the three goals and Speed being one of the scorers. I thought I'd have a guess.

I remember being so excited going winning our first game back in the top league. I can't remember all the details. Did we lead 3-0 at one point and then hold on, or did they pull it back to 2-all before we hit back with the winner? I could look it up I know, but I'm feeling lazy lol.
Yes we led 0-3 Harry

By all means have another guess
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote:Yes we led 0-3 Harry

By all means have another guess
Thanks, but that is the only occasion that I can remember - off the top of my head - of us scoring three in the opening game, and even then, as you say, it wasn't by half time.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

So what's the answer please?
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote:So what's the answer please?
Looks as though we may have to Google it Harry.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:So what's the answer please?
You had the correct team with your initial answer Harry

Saturday, 18th August 1956.

Leeds United 5-1 Everton

Charles Brook scored a hat-trick with all five goals coming in the first 34 minutes
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote:You had the correct team with your initial answer Harry

Saturday, 18th August 1956.

Leeds United 5-1 Everton

Charles Brook scored a hat-trick with all five goals coming in the first 34 minutes
Cheers Leon

That long ago then. I guessed that it would be while but I thought it may have happened during the Revie era, even if we weren't renowned for our goal-scoring exploits in the main.