Thursday's Breakfast Debate....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Thursday's Breakfast Debate....

Postby 1964white » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:06 am

Rob Green approached TC last night an hour before kick off to tell him he was not fit to play

Looks like he's off then. Unfortunately (as I see it), Felix is probably our weak link at the moment

What about Saiz, eh???

I know it was against league 2 opposition, but you still have to beat what's in front of you!

Michael Brown has accused Samuel Saiz of spitting in Joe Davis' face in the first half. Says he asked Christiansen to take Saiz off at half time

NOW Brown is saying he expects a report on Saiz incident to go to the FA but admitted that video footage wasn't clear cut.

Wouldn't be surprised if if the FA were up to the early hours discussing possible punishments

Alioski, Saiz and Klich all have a big future at Elland Road!

All we need now is another centre back and I reckon we're sorted

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Thursday's Breakfast Debate....

Postby faaip » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:14 am

I'd have thought who plays Saturday now would be a big talking point too

Not sure why you'd make up a spitting claim, so some fire with the smoke I would think

Green needs to be playing somewhere and we did kind of let him down badly, not sure what he did wrong last season that got him dropped this. He's not happy and rightly so.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

weasel

Postby weasel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 am

Rob Green - Looks like he's off then. Unfortunately (as I see it), Felix is probably our weak link at the moment

Certainly no blame for Felix for the goal last night, we should have dealt better with the throw better as we had 2 chances to head clear but at no point was it anywhere near being keeper's ball. Would be a shame if Green was to leave but at this stage of his career he needs to play and not be sat on the bench - also refreshing that he'd rather play and possibly earn less than simply sit on a bench collecting his pay cheque every week. No problem with him whatsoever if he leaves and hopes he gets remembered fondly if he returns to ER for another team.

We need to allow Felix to settle in. He has been playing at a higher level than championship so he definitely should be a decent keeper but will need time to adjust to the English game.

Saiz - I know it was against league 2 opposition, but you still have to beat what's in front of you!

Did extremely well and looks to be a clever player with great feet. The second goal was superb as he took the ball past the keeper in an instant without losing control of the ball and his third he made a tricky pass look good as he took it under control and then put it right where he wanted it before lashing it home. All game he wanted the ball despite Port Vale trying to rough him up. A potential superstar but I am not going to be as quick as others to suggest he should go straight into the first team as Hernandez is a player that makes us tick and was my mom v Bolton. What is great is that we have 2 options and if one starts and struggles the other can come on - too many times Hernandez struggled last season but Monk couldn't find an alternative plan - now we don't need to change the plan just make a substitution.

Wouldn't be surprised if if the FA were up to the early hours discussing possible punishments for the alleged spit

It smacks of sour grapes to me as Port Vales plan was clearly to try to bully our foreign signings and it failed miserably. If there had been a spitting incident then surely the complaint should have been made at the time whilst the evidence would have been on the face of the player. This being Leeds though and the FA will surely look to ban Saiz even if they can find no evidence.

Alioski, Saiz and Klich all have a big future at Elland Road!
Alioski so far for me looks the player best suited to make the instant impression, despite Saiz's hat trick. He looks to be a hard working player, a team player and also looks to have an end product to go with his speed. Easy to see how he got a lot of goals and assists from out wide. He could be absolutely vital to us and would be my first choice out of our wide options. Also looks like he is popular amongst the team if you see how they react with him and how he is always in the thick of the celebrations (note Wood pointing towards him after he scored v Bolton as if to say 'you made that.'
Saiz may be more of an enigma and inconsistent but clearly has a lot of ability and also an end product. Both have a footballing intelligence and know where other players are on the field before they get the ball which allows fluid movement of the ball and creates the ability to open up defences, rather than players who get the ball and then look up and the move loses any momentum.
Klich - needs to get his fitness after missing most of pre-season but again looks to be a decent player.
All the new players so far look like they have a lot to bring to the team. Ekuban looks to be a clever player with his back flicks all looking well thought out rather than just a panicked thought. CBJ looked good at left back and centreback and clearly likes to get forward which fits into TC's tactics well.

All we need now is another centre back and I reckon we're sorted

Was interesting to see TC switch CBJ to centreback despite us not having another left back to come on. Initially looks like CBJ can do a job playing at CB although definitely looks a better option at left back and will likely get a run there with Berardi being injured. In theory, and if all were fit, it would look like we have 3 centre backs in PJ, Cooper, Pennington and then Ayling, CBJ and Shaugnessy as back ups so it might be that we don't go after another centreback - or look to a short term loan signing (i.e. to January) to cover whilst Pennington recovers from his knock.
Senor El Weasel

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:39 am

How many people are pronouncing it Klitch ?
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

liggy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Postby liggy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:03 am

Well Anyhoo my breakfast debate was Rioja or skol super
Sometimes life sucks
Sorry big style if my last couple of rants upset anyone

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:07 am

liggy wrote:Well Anyhoo my breakfast debate was Rioja or skol super
Sometimes life sucks

I'm pretty certain you offended no one liggy, quite the opposite I'd say as people were genuinely concerned. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon mate.

Norm
Manager
Manager

Postby Norm » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:15 pm

liggy wrote:
Well Anyhoo my breakfast debate was Rioja or skol super
Sometimes life sucks

Daft bugger - I'm only upset that one choice was Skol not Stella! :)

1964white

Postby 1964white » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:09 pm

weasel wrote:
Did extremely well and looks to be a clever player with great feet. The second goal was superb as he took the ball past the keeper in an instant without losing control of the ball

Reminded me of how Clarkey rounded the keeper with a one on one

weasel wrote:Alioski so far for me looks the player best suited to make the instant impression, despite Saiz's hat trick. He looks to be a hard working player, a team player and also looks to have an end product to go with his speed. Easy to see how he got a lot of goals and assists from out wide. He could be absolutely vital to us and would be my first choice out of our wide options

Makes Dallas & Doukara look extremely average on the flanks, love his work rate too!

weasel wrote:Saiz may be more of an enigma and inconsistent but clearly has a lot of ability and also an end product. Both have a footballing intelligence and know where other players are on the field before they get the ball which allows fluid movement of the ball and creates the ability to open up defences, rather than players who get the ball and then look up and the move loses any momentum

Saiz & Klick look to be the final pieces in the jigsaw giving us a much more attacking threat from the midfield

weasel wrote:Was interesting to see TC switch CBJ to centreback despite us not having another left back to come on. Initially looks like CBJ can do a job playing at CB although definitely looks a better option at left back and will likely get a run there with Berardi being injured. In theory, and if all were fit, it would look like we have 3 centre backs in PJ, Cooper, Pennington and then Ayling, CBJ and Shaugnessy as back ups so it might be that we don't go after another centreback - or look to a short term loan signing (i.e. to January) to cover whilst Pennington recovers from his knock.

Maybe the case Weasel

1964white

Postby 1964white » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:11 pm

liggy wrote:Well Anyhoo my breakfast debate was Rioja or skol super
Sometimes life sucks

As I said on your topic no need to apologise liggy

Just don't do it again mate :wink:

Return to “General Chat”