If Wood Goes . . .

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Re: If Wood Goes . . .

Post by billie1 »

Wood not in the 18 and has made an statement ruling himself out of the game today due to "strong premier league interest " and discussions with the club
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

What he has posted (in my opinion) is a disgrace
He currently gets paid to play for Leeds.
Wonder if he will pay back his wages for the week?
Burnley are a small fry club so goodbye and good riddance and thanks for the one season of goals.
Onwards and upwards
Only want players here who want to play for the club.
Also won't here the 'If you were offered twice the money to do the same job you'd take it'
Yes I would but he earns more in 2 weeks than I do in a year and more in a year than I probably do.in the majority of my lifetime.
hector

Post by hector »

Head gone.......

respect of the fans ..... gone..

time he was ...........

Gone..
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

That statement from Wood comes straight out of the Charlie Taylor lack of class manual .
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Invest the money in a hungry striker...... feel for those kids who have got his name on their shirt for this season.
We cant compete on the money front . Lets move on . We moaned when we lost Beckford and Becchio but got McCormack and Wood.
Someone will step up .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Could save all those shirts for bonfire night... How long do you reckon Wood will be the face of the official twitter site? 6 months?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Not sad to see lumpa go, never been a fan. We do need a striker but on another note having Becchio as a perhaps pay per play player with a bonus for scoring would be rather nice :luv: He's been in York and Leeds over the last couple of days as per his instagram pics via Twitter, he has never shied away from proclaiming his love of Leeds, I say BRING BECCHIO HOME!!! :-D :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Chris Wood, is a good player. He had a fantastic season last year. He has been away playing with New Zealand over the summer and has little rest, he will be called up to play international football at least four times during the year to travel across the globe, fatigue will be a massive factor, I was worried about the season ahead for him, as nobody can keep all that up.
He will be missed and ideally he would stay, but it's better now than deadline day.
I personally can't begrudge him the move, sad that it's a club like Burnley, but they are in a higher division, can't see how he can turn it down, if Leeds are happy with the price, as for not playing today, would you really want a player leading the line who's heads not in it?
TC would have made Ekuban feel 10 feet tall coming up to him today telling him your my man to play upfront. Great man management!
I'm excited.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I would not want McCormack but I would consider big Mat Smith as a returning striker
I think he was treated rather shabbily when shipped off to Fulham. I think he plies his trade
at QPR at the moment. What do you think?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I agree with your sentiments dezzy.

He did well for us, wants to take Burnley's shekel and we should let him go without rancour.
The same process is going on all over the leagues until cutoff date so it's just a normal adjustment.

Personally I think AR's 'Director of Football' system seems to be working at least somewhat - it;s probably early days to say that yet, but we've certainly got a couple of cracking footballers for a low cost. Long may they do well for us. If we can get a decent CF or CB (or both) for the money from Wood's sale, we could be even stronger.

On the plus side also is the gate money. Thirty thousand average for the first 2 home games - 1 of them on a Tuesday. ER's beginning to rock again if we can keep this up. MOT
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

rab_rant wrote:
I would not want McCormack but I would consider big Mat Smith as a returning striker
I think he was treated rather shabbily when shipped off to Fulham. I think he plies his trade
at QPR at the moment. What do you think?
Don't know about Matt - has he been doing well? Depends what QPR have invested and how long his contract's for.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Norm wrote:Don't know about Matt - has he been doing well? Depends what QPR have invested and how long his contract's for.
Scored today with a header
Mat Smith scores for QPR
nickjett
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by nickjett »

LUFC 1966 wrote:Invest the money in a hungry striker...... feel for those kids who have got his name on their shirt for this season.
We cant compete on the money front . Lets move on . We moaned when we lost Beckford and Becchio but got McCormack and Wood.
Someone will step up .
Someone probably will step up but when? Transfer market closes soon are we gonna rush buy?

I wasn't to bothered about wood not being in the squad when I saw ekuban up front. What I've seen of the lad he looks like alright. But then he hobbles off injured today, so we are looking very weak up top!
nickjett
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by nickjett »

LUFC 1966 wrote:Invest the money in a hungry striker...... feel for those kids who have got his name on their shirt for this season.
Someone will step up .
Someone probably will step up but when? Transfer market closes soon are we gonna rush buy?

I wasn't to bothered about wood not being in the squad when I saw ekuban up front. What I've seen of the lad he looks like alright. But then he hobbles off injured today, so we are looking very weak up top!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Nélson Oliveira for me, wanted the Cardiff lad but think the more mobile, technically gifted Oliviera would be perfect :-D
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V08h58UH2CE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i0B99p38Xbk
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I'm sure AR has been working on a replacement for Wood for a while now.

I'm also sure he won't rush to buy someone just for the sake of buying someone. Based on today's results I think we'll be fine going forward either way.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Todays result proved we have other options, but Oliveira looks good and it would be good to have an out-and-out striker.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I don't know what to think about Matt Smith or Becchio, but I note that a lot of people have said 'never go back' when I once proposed Beckford and they may well have been correct. I think the answer has to be NO, not because they could not do a good job in and of themselves, but the team is not the same team in which they played and excelled. We seem to have an exciting system going and we cannot jeopardise that by reintroducing players from an earlier era who would have a different style of play and need a different knid of management.

I'm sorry if people think I'm wrong, but this is just an opinion, which could well be wrong! :)
hector

Post by hector »

Don't be sorry Norm............ :shoot:

You stand by the courage of your convictions... :clap: :clap:

Even if they are wrong.... :shock:

:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
liggy
First Team
First Team