If Wood Goes . . .

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: If Wood Goes . . .

Post by The Subhuman »

Sometimes a pun has to be forced....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

LUFC 1966 wrote:Just loved your passion -- wasn't laughing :-D
Ah ok then, i'll let you off and put the :whip: away :wink: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Rudy Gestede not what a lot hoped for big lumbering target man. But Championship Starts (91) Championship goals (51). Chris Wood something like 170 starts 80 goals.
Edit . Forgot Premiership with villa 32 games 5 goals so his championship record is better then i said with starts. :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Didn't think Wood would leave for a bigger paycheck. Disappointed that it took him this long to get this figured out, leaving only a week for Rads/Orta/TC to find a replacement. That said, I'm sure there was a plan if Wood left. Heard Radz and Orta in Italy at the moment. At least TC will get a the kind of striker that he thinks he needs instead of trying to force things in the system with Wood.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Nathaël Julan, never heard of him myself but linked with Wolves, Boro, Stoke and various other European clubs may be worth a look.
Signed

King Cjay

leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Cjay wrote:Rudy Gestede not what a lot hoped for big lumbering target man. But Championship Starts (91) Championship goals (51). Chris Wood something like 170 starts 80 goals.
Edit . Forgot Premiership with villa 32 games 5 goals so his championship record is better then i said with starts. :lol:
8 of Chris Woods goals last year were Penalties so that helped his tally of 30 , still no doubt he was ruthless in front of goal.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

leedsmad wrote:8 of Chris Woods goals last year were Penalties so that helped his tally of 30 , still no doubt he was ruthless in front of goal.
He was and i kinda messed Gestedes numbers up but point was for a guy who hasnt started that often his record is pretty impressive :roflmao:
Signed

King Cjay

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

According to the Yorkshire Evening Post, Grot is set for final talks and a medical today.
Dutch journalist Raymond Janssen claimed last night that Grot was already travelling to England

Pronunciation Grot = Kroot
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

becchio bear wrote:Ah ok then, i'll let you off and put the :whip: away :wink: :bear:
Thanks BB :shock:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://the72.co.uk/89938/leeds-united-l ... ve-stalls/.
Last ex Real Madrid player seems to be working out :-D.

Signed

King Cjay

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Not an out and out striker but would love Leeds to get Jota from Brentford - very classy player who is seemingly unhappy at Brentford. Boro have failed with a £4.5m bid.....we have cash now from Wood deal. £6m would probably get him and still leave plenty available for say a target man up top, with Jota on the left, Alioski on the right and Samu at No 10, that would be some serious attacking prowess !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gurj wrote:Not an out and out striker but would love Leeds to get Jota from Brentford - very classy player who is seemingly unhappy at Brentford. Boro have failed with a £4.5m bid.....we have cash now from Wood deal. £6m would probably get him and still leave plenty available for say a target man up top, with Jota on the left, Alioski on the right and Samu at No 10, that would be some serious attacking prowess !!

Very exciting prospect Gurj.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:Not an out and out striker but would love Leeds to get Jota from Brentford - very classy player who is seemingly unhappy at Brentford. Boro have failed with a £4.5m bid.....we have cash now from Wood deal. £6m would probably get him and still leave plenty available for say a target man up top, with Jota on the left, Alioski on the right and Samu at No 10, that would be some serious attacking prowess !!
Would be an excellent signing Gurj :tup:

Jota ran rings round us down at Griffin Park even though Monk had ten men behind the ball for much of the game