Pontus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Pontus

Post by hector »

Seems like a nice chap...

Bought a couple of season tickets for local ill children...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -kids.html
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pontus

Post by 1964white »

Unfortunately Pontus receives bad press from some quarters

He is Leeds through & through & as you say Hector seems like a nice fella
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

top man , love stuff like this when media show a good side . :tup: :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lovely story, he really is Leeds through and through. What a good idea though to give the season tickets to the hospital so that lots of different kids can get to a game.... :-D
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Looks good when the media are around remember i saw him at North Ferriby ignoring requests for photos and autographs from young children.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Obviously I wasn't there but it might have been more that it was before the game and he was trying to get into the 'zone' or maybe just a bit miffed about the surroundings etc. This is the only story of this type I have heard in comparison to a lot of positive ones.
hector

Post by hector »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Looks good when the media are around remember i saw him at North Ferriby ignoring requests for photos and autographs from young children.

I remember you writing this at the time...... maybe he has learned from that experience, or maybe (perish the thought.. :wink: ) Weasel is right...

:lol:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pontus can do nothing right in some folks minds even though we'd have probably finished halfway down the championship without his services last season

As a kid I use to wait at the West Stand area where the players arrived in anticipation for a glimpse of my heroes & hopefully acquire some autographs. Even then some of the Revie players didn't sign autographs however I was over the moon if i managed to get a couple :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thankfully on the Swedish bench tonight watching his side losing 2-1 v Bulgaria
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I really do like Pontus and think his heart is in the right place in every respect - love it that he loves Leeds
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:I really do like Pontus and think his heart is in the right place in every respect - love it that he loves Leeds
He is a class player no matter what anyone says to decry the man Norm
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pontus unused last night in Bulgaria
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I agree with 64, but he does worry me now and again with his party tricks in our box !!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

60sUnited wrote:I agree with 64, but he does worry me now and again with his party tricks in our box !!
Pontus was a big part of our change in fortunes last year, he was like a breath of fresh air when he came in, the real talisman we had lacked for so long. Over the dark years I've seen plenty of posts on here about just wanting players to give 100% and play for the shirt. So when we've had to deal with some of the dross that has managed to get that great shirt on their back over the last 15 years, give me Pontus anytime over those useless waste of spaces. Not saying he's perfect but he seems to appreciate the opportunity he was given to prove himself after Torino and puts his body on the line week in week with a real "thou shalt not pass" manner, love the way him and Berardi defend, you get the impression they would rather lose limbs than concede :lol: . With that and the ability to lift the crowd with his tackles and passion, he'll do just fine for me.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Pontus was a big part of our change in fortunes last year, he was like a breath of fresh air when he came in, the real talisman we had lacked for so long. Over the dark years I've seen plenty of posts on here about just wanting players to give 100% and play for the shirt. So when we've had to deal with some of the dross that has managed to get that great shirt on their back over the last 15 years, give me Pontus anytime over those useless waste of spaces. Not saying he's perfect but he seems to appreciate the opportunity he was given to prove himself after Torino and puts his body on the line week in week with a real "thou shalt not pass" manner, love the way him and Berardi defend, you get the impression they would rather lose limbs than concede :lol: . With that and the ability to lift the crowd with his tackles and passion, he'll do just fine for me.
Great post NW..... :tup:....he'll do just fine for me as well :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Pontus was a big part of our change in fortunes last year, he was like a breath of fresh air when he came in, the real talisman we had lacked for so long. Over the dark years I've seen plenty of posts on here about just wanting players to give 100% and play for the shirt. So when we've had to deal with some of the dross that has managed to get that great shirt on their back over the last 15 years, give me Pontus anytime over those useless waste of spaces. Not saying he's perfect but he seems to appreciate the opportunity he was given to prove himself after Torino and puts his body on the line week in week with a real "thou shalt not pass" manner, love the way him and Berardi defend, you get the impression they would rather lose limbs than concede :lol: . With that and the ability to lift the crowd with his tackles and passion, he'll do just fine for me.
All the praise seem to head Bartley's way from many of our fans, well KB didn't look the same force when Pontus wasn't alongside him

Pontus is here & is our player. For me this season Jansson & Cooper are the leaders & are a massive influence on their team mates

Did Bartley want to return to ER ? I very much doubt it, he had other big idea's
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Spot on in that Bartley and Bamba/Cooper looked awful and it was only when Pontus came that BArtley started looking good. Hopefully Pontus can have the same effect on Cooper as I don't think they ever played together last season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Spot on in that Bartley and Bamba/Cooper looked awful and it was only when Pontus came that BArtley started looking good. Hopefully Pontus can have the same effect on Cooper as I don't think they ever played together last season.
Only game I can recall was at Villa when we were leading 1-0, then Cooper handled the ball & gave a penalty away for Villa to equalise. Ironically Pontus scored the Leeds goal
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Only game I can recall was at Villa when we were leading 1-0, then Cooper handled the ball & gave a penalty away for Villa to equalise. Ironically Pontus scored the Leeds goal
Ah yes think that was the only one and Cooper had a decent game until the penalty.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pontus on the bench again v Belarus :-D