Pontus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Pontus

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote:Ah yes think that was the only one and Cooper had a decent game until the penalty.

He did and i still think the penalty was harsh.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Has his common-sense hat on

"I think last year the biggest mistake was when we started talking about the play-offs and promotion and how many points we needed to be in the play-offs.

“It is a dangerous mistake to do that and I think this year we have to be clever. We have to work game by game, and three points in the next game is the only focus we should have.

“I think that was the biggest mistake when I look back at last season.”
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Too many fans did likewise and took it for granted that we would be in the play-offs, suggesting resting players (such as PJ himself so as to not get booked) etc
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Get rid, can't even get in the Sweden team
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Too many fans did likewise and took it for granted that we would be in the play-offs, suggesting resting players (such as PJ himself so as to not get booked) etc
Yes a ridiculous scenario
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Get rid, can't even get in the Sweden team
Ha ha !

The Swedes must have a couple of decent first choice CB's
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Master stone stacker Pontus Jannson :-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:Master stone stacker Pontus Jannson :-)
A local bloke was stone-stacking when we were in St Ives, Cornwall last year

Very clever
1964white

Post by 1964white »

5 games in for Pontus & still no yellow cards :-D

He coasted yesterday's game, like a training session for him. Used more energy celebrating with our fans :wink: without going beyond the limit
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pontus on Sheffield Wednesday trip

Leeds United defender Pontus Jansson spoke to the media ahead of Sunday’s trip to Hillsborough.

The Whites head to South Yorkshire to take on Sheffield Wednesday, looking for a similar run of results against the Owls to last season with Leeds recording two victories.

Jansson is hoping United can get back to winning ways after Tuesday’s defeat at Cardiff City.

“It is good to be back from injury, physically I felt good against Cardiff City, but obviously we didn’t get the result we wanted and we want to bounce back against Sheffield Wednesday,” said Jansson.

“They will come out and try to win the game, it is a derby and there is a lot of expectation and pressure on them because of their start to the season, but of course there is always a pressure on us as well.

“Sheffield Wednesday have a great team, Fernando Forestieri is one of the best players in the Championship but he has been injured recently and they also have the likes of Steven Fletcher and Gary Hooper in attack.

“Everybody wants to beat us, Leeds is a club everyone hates in this country and of course, everyone behind us in the league will also want to try and beat us.

“On Sunday we are playing on Sheffield’s patch and we will all need to go out there like 11 animals and prepare for a war.”
1964white

Re: Pontus - WE NEED TO PREPARE FOR A WAR

Post by 1964white »

Pontus has described his recent performances as “s***” in a message to fans on his Instagram page.

Leeds have also been off colour lately, losing their last three games and conceding seven goals in the process.

But Jansson has claimed the team are working flat out in a bid to return to winning ways.

He said: “Last few weeks has been tough, things hasn’t gone in that way we all wanted and I personally have been s***.

“But we all want the same thing now, going back and win games and the only way to go is hard work, 100%!

“Stay together everyone and we will for sure come back!”
gessa

Re: Pontus - WE NEED TO PREPARE FOR A WAR

Post by gessa »

He's correct, hopefully he'll return to his old self soon
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:He's correct, hopefully he'll return to his old self soon
I preferred Pontus when he was all fired up even though he was amassing yellow cards

This season's exemplary conduct seems to have taken the fire out of his belly :(