Did you enjoy your holiday Beach Babe ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Did you enjoy your holiday Beach Babe ?

Post by 1964white »

Trust you had a lovely time young lady ?
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Did you enjoy your holiday Beach Babe ?

Post by becchio bear »

Is that me? I'm going with the BB words lol I did indeed have a lovely time despite tripping up on the first Sunday legging it down the road to watch the Leeds match :oops: went arse over tit on the busiest stretch of road flanked by restaurants and bars!! blood dripping from one knee and my elbow but bravely brushed off offers of help so I could get to the match :P Then fires broke out, apparently all set deliberately and a state of emergency announced! However it has been gloriously hot, the beach gorgeous and wonderful restaurants and saw a Neil Diamond tribute act (so dreadful it was comical) and a very good Michael Jackson tribute act :tup: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:Is that me? I'm going with the BB words lol I did indeed have a lovely time despite tripping up on the first Sunday legging it down the road to watch the Leeds match :oops: went arse over tit on the busiest stretch of road flanked by restaurants and bars!! blood dripping from one knee and my elbow but bravely brushed off offers of help so I could get to the match :P Then fires broke out, apparently all set deliberately and a state of emergency announced! However it has been gloriously hot, the beach gorgeous and wonderful restaurants and saw a Neil Diamond tribute act (so dreadful it was comical) and a very good Michael Jackson tribute act :tup: :bear:
You have been in the wars young lady

Sorry to laugh but the thought of falling over A over T :roflmao: no I know I shouldn't

Anyway good to see you back on MOT so I can nag you again

Now get your votes on in the two music polls we run :lol:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

becchio bear wrote:Is that me? I'm going with the BB words lol I did indeed have a lovely time despite tripping up on the first Sunday legging it down the road to watch the Leeds match :oops: went arse over tit on the busiest stretch of road flanked by restaurants and bars!! blood dripping from one knee and my elbow but bravely brushed off offers of help so I could get to the match :P Then fires broke out, apparently all set deliberately and a state of emergency announced! However it has been gloriously hot, the beach gorgeous and wonderful restaurants and saw a Neil Diamond tribute act (so dreadful it was comical) and a very good Michael Jackson tribute act :tup: :bear:
where have you been swanny ?

were staying in a place called moraira about 25 miles north of Benidorm , so on Saturday we visited our friends who live in Benidorm for a night out and stayed over at theres . we watched the Leeds match in the Yorkshire pride then moved into the centre to watch the acts , we also saw the Michael Jackson impersonator along with the following ,

eddie - mercury
pete - loaf
barry - sh1te
steps club 7 ( wifes choice)
a Chinese elvis
shakin stevens
kc and his sunshine experience

was so glad to get back to my little haven in Moraira on sunday night for some peace , every bar has entertainment of some kind and would take a good month to see them all .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Sounds like fun (albeit, painful fun). At least we won so the fall was worth it?

Whereabouts were you? There have been numerous fires in mainland Europe this summer - France, Spain and Portugal.

We are off to Javea for a couple of weeks tomorrow (about an hour's drive from Valencia). Not an area of Spain I know well (we usually go to Nerja region - just East of Malaga) but looking forward (hopefully) to some sunshine.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote:Sounds like fun (albeit, painful fun). At least we won so the fall was worth it?

Whereabouts were you? There have been numerous fires in mainland Europe this summer - France, Spain and Portugal.

We are off to Javea for a couple of weeks tomorrow (about an hour's drive from Valencia). Not an area of Spain I know well (we usually go to Nerja region - just East of Malaga) but looking forward (hopefully) to some sunshine.
Have a good holiday mate :tup:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Durly wrote:Sounds like fun (albeit, painful fun). At least we won so the fall was worth it?

beautiful area mate lots of nice villages and places to visit and of course loads of nice restaurants and bars , last few days have started cloudy but always reaches a steady 30 degrees by mid afternoon , oh did I mention how cheap everything is over here in spain 1-2 euros for a pint in the area where we are or 4 euro for cocktails , the supernarkets are a fraction of the
price of ours as well

enjoy
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

beer belly bert wrote:beautiful area mate lots of nice villages and places to visit and of course loads of nice restaurants and bars , last few days have started cloudy but always reaches a steady 30 degrees by mid afternoon , oh did I mention how cheap everything is over here in spain 1-2 euros for a pint in the area where we are or 4 euro for cocktails , the supernarkets are a fraction of the
price of ours as well

enjoy
Thanks mate. Looking forward to it. :tup:
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

1964white wrote:Have a good holiday mate :tup:
Cheers Leon. Please accept my apologies in advance for any tardiness in the music polls while I'm away. :wink:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

beer belly bert wrote:where have you been swanny ?

were staying in a place called moraira about 25 miles north of Benidorm , so on Saturday we visited our friends who live in Benidorm for a night out and stayed over at theres . we watched the Leeds match in the Yorkshire pride then moved into the centre to watch the acts , we also saw the Michael Jackson impersonator along with the following ,

eddie - mercury
pete - loaf
barry - sh1te
steps club 7 ( wifes choice)
a Chinese elvis
shakin stevens
kc and his sunshine experience

was so glad to get back to my little haven in Moraira on sunday night for some peace , every bar has entertainment of some kind and would take a good month to see them all .
I'm not swanny :P
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

The beautiful Greek island of Zakinthos (Zante). Loads of fires, some rather too close for comfort. :bear:
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

Just back from San Javier - La Manga/Murcia. Two weeks of hot sunshine, great food and what Beer Belly Bert said, cloudy in the morning to burn away to 30 -33 degrees by lunchtime. So depressed to be back here in the grey.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

:roflmao: Oops shouldnt really laugh bb but the thought of you going a over t being watched by all and sundry just made my day :lol: But seriously, i hope you didnt hurt yourself too badly. I dont know, the trouble us Leeds fans go to to watch our beloved team. Hope it was worth it. Sounds like you had a grand time apart from the mishap. Welcome back we've missed you :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote:I'm not swanny :P
No...I am :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

No I am Swanny....... and so is my wife.....
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Durly wrote: We are off to Javea for a couple of weeks tomorrow (about an hour's drive from Valencia). Not an area of Spain I know well (we usually go to Nerja region - just East of Malaga) but looking forward (hopefully) to some sunshine.
Small world am off to Javea for a couple of days tomorrow to see some of the missus's family who are renting an apartment there. Will have to wear my Leeds shirt so keep your eyes open!
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Quite a few Leeds shirts in Alykes in Zante :-D :bear:
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

weasel wrote:Small world am off to Javea for a couple of days tomorrow to see some of the missus's family who are renting an apartment there. Will have to wear my Leeds shirt so keep your eyes open!
Lovely area. Liking it so far. Being bitten to bugger by these Japanese uber mozzies though.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote:No I am Swanny....... and so is my wife.....
Are you Hector and Mrs Swan in real life...dear Hector? :lol:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

becchio bear wrote:
The beautiful Greek island of Zakinthos (Zante). Loads of fires, some rather too close for comfort. :bear:
My son has bought tickets for four of us (his significant other, my wife, and me) to go to Greece during spring break at my university in March. We will be there a week. None of us have ever been before, and we have not booked anything other than the plane flight as yet.

Apart from Zakinthos, do you have any recommendations? My son loves beaches, but will also be looking for night life.